your bill is due

Discussion in 'The Drivers Lounge' started by pro1driver, Aug 20, 2017.

1. pro1driver

pro1driver I am LAST

like hell it is....!!!!!!!

i hate those insipid reminder's.

i pay a few bills online.

many times, since i am on disability, i have to wait for my disability check (there is NO direct deposit with this stupid workman's comp insurer). many times the check DOES NOT ARRIVE on time, what do i do then..????

then i have to deposit the check on a Monday and it takes 2 days to clear.

If the check arrives on a Saturday, (most weeks it does, if they cared enough to pay me) i don't even bother going to the bank to deposit it...why..??

cuz no banking is done on Saturdays...it all waits till MONDAY to count as a deposit...and the 2 day clearing time starts.

my bill isn't "due" till the 25th of the month.

clearly i got 5 FULL DAYS (from right now, today the 20th) to pay it....online.

as long as the payment is made by midnight, i am NOT LATE.

i hate bill reminders, and this particular creditor pisses me off. i cannot wait to pay it off and tell'em to go Eff themselves....

2. Cerberus_Kelpie

Cerberus_Kelpie Wings Over the World!

"Your Bill Is Due And Payable In Full Upon Receipt" or words to that effect.
    I've laughed at such "requests" and have offered and will offer payments in amounts I DEEM.
    $5.00 a week and they have to accept it.

When I was undergoing the Cancer treatment in 2001, I saw those LARGE billings many times and simply set them aside since they were not my concern and they were settled through the State. I think we paid insignificant amounts for the few things not covered by the then available Medical/Medicaid compared to the final total cost of around $56,000.00.

The Heart Care appointments in May and June totaled around $3,000.00 and the crap "health insurance", as usual, paid miniscule amounts and we paid the rest.
    FREE "Health Care" is not a solution as Canada, New Zealand and other Countries verify.

It's a small thing.
    No need to get "all worked up".
    - - -
    I've liked the "2(+) days clearance needed" on FED checks through a FED backed bank.
    - - -
    CHEERS!!

3. pro1driver

pro1driver I am LAST

i know...huh....

with any direct deposit i ever had..??

funds were available after midnight the day of deposit!!!!!!!!!

4. Brian Junior

Brian Junior DOFT $50M ICO!!!

My brother once broke his leg and we had to pay about $23000. and the insurance has covered about $ 19000

pro1driver likes this.
  5. othertrucker2001

othertrucker2001 Professional Flummoxer

And then they deposit your check at midnight, and it's no good until after THE NEXT MIDNIGHT.

pro1driver likes this.
  6. Brian Junior

Brian Junior DOFT $50M ICO!!!

If you do online banking that 's OK.

7. Cerberus_Kelpie

Cerberus_Kelpie Wings Over the World!

I do "online banking" in the "paycheck" arena where the payroll department initiates a "check" to a "checking account" from which I get paid, however since it's not a ACTUAL personal bank account and the "physical location" being unknown, it's all electronic and I'm unable to extract the entire "check" amount unless it ends in a $20 bill, so there's always a inaccessible "available balance".
    Same day access.