ABF | Your Future at Stake

chowda

TB Lurker
Credits
It comes down to crunch time now. The yes vote has always been yes no matter what the offer was to be. For the undecided you only need be reminded that you are not voting for a 5 year contract...you are voting for the future of your work-life. ABF looks to appease you with a pitiful raise, a small bonus, the gutting of our pension and many of the work-rules that Teamsters among you and before you fought for! Make your decision with both education and knowing how hard you work each day often under demanding conditions that this offer is not quite up to par. Back to the table ABF, a strike does no one any good. We don't ask for much!

Last edited:
It comes down to crunch time now. The yes vote has always been yes no matter what the offer was to be. For the undecided you only need be reminded that you are not voting for a 5 year contract...you are voting for the future of your work-life. ABF looks to appease you with a pitiful raise, a small bonus, the gutting of our pension and many of the work-rules that Teamsters among you and before you fought for! Make your decision with both education and knowing how hard you work each day often under demanding conditions that this offer is not quite up to par. Back to the table ABF, a strike does no one any good. We don't ask for much!
"Pay me now, or pay me later"...remember the old TV commercial...Well, now I think it is like this...vote yes for now, you'll save your job (for now) but will pay for it later (buildup of ArcBest and demise of ABF Freight System)...so for me...not NO, but HELL NO! Trucking jobs are extremely easy to find. As I have stated before, our former supervisor at ABF, now the TM at FedEx will hire almost all of us...so, HELL NO !

Vote yes for now...pay for it later...

Chowda I agreed one hundred percent with every word of your post. For the people that feel its better to work for a strong company, ABF has never not been a strong company. How could they not be with over a hundred million in cash on hand? How could they not be when they bought 5 companies in the last 5 years? How can this contract be a fair offer when they (ABF) took a $1.70 an hour reduction in pay from us over the last 5 years? Now they want to give us $2.00 over the next 5 years which amounts to a .30 cent gain! You think its hard now to win a grievance now wait until the committee changes in this new contract take effect. Does anyone here have the security of a guarantee that the pension freeze if allowed with not effect your pension in 5 years? But in this day and age do you as a Teamster care how this will effects your Union Brothers and sisters, not a chance because it is all about me. If we don't stand together we will dame sure fall divided. Before you cast that yes vote do the research for yourself. its your future and that of your family at stake. One question how will you feel on May 10 if you voted yes and the quarter report comes out with a 50 or 100 million profit for the company? With the big tax breaks given by the government it is entirely possible. Last question for you why do you think this vote count is being rushed before first quarter earning are report? It sure in hell seems funny to me, lets get them (Teamsters) on the line before we show a big profit.[/QUOTE]

The yes votes will supply Arcbest with money needed to outsource the work that you thought you were saving! Look around ArcBest doesn't care who's delivering their freight...especially! when it doesn't say ABF or ArcBest on the equipment. Take 5 minutes and think about this. I'm 60...Arcbest has backed me into a corner..I didn't want this, but I will vote "No" for me and for you.

I grew up watching 'Superman.' As a child, when I first learned to dive into a swimming pool, I wasn't diving, I was flying, like Superman. True, true, true. Relax, smile, be happy!
What does this have to do with the thread topic? Quit trolling the ABF board.

The yes votes will supply Arcbest with money needed to outsource the work that you thought you were saving! Look around ArcBest doesn't care who's delivering their freight...especially! when it doesn't say ABF or ArcBest on the equipment. Take 5 minutes and think about this. I'm 60...Arcbest has backed me into a corner..I didn't want this, but I will vote "No" for me and for you.
what happened to our buddy, Turncoat...you know he will vote Yes as will all the 4 drivers in Mayberry

Crunch Time.....

I bet a lot of TM’s in small terminals were authorized to buy donuts for their Teamster employees today.......on direct orders from the Fort.

And.......Brother Ernie hasn’t made his proclamation about his....”strategy”.......that he described in a private letter.........Officially Public,......to all the Locals...

Content to let the rumor machine roll,....behind the scenes.....

Don’t vote out of....Fear.

Vote out of Information. And.......Common Sense......

Common Sense will tell you if someone’s trying to instill Fear in you....Fear of your Future,.....Fear of closing the company,.....Fear of a strike......they want a certain reaction from you.....

Fear was a tactic used last time.......instead of honest negotiations....

We’re Teamsters.......We don’t Fear nothing.......We got the skills they.....desperately....need,.......and we are in short supply.

Vote “NO”.......cut the Fear tactics.......go back to the table and negotiate......HONESTLY......