Your jobs since high school

Joined the Army after 11th grade. Finished school 1st year. Viet Nam 67&68 .Started driving a truck in 69.( any body remember Eagle Motor Lines) O C Cook. Didn't want to do anything but drive a truck. After 44 years I'm ALMOST ready to call it quits.

Warehouse worker in Furniture plant.- Boring
Another Furniture plant (Clipper Operator)
Vending Route Driver - Early hours, tedious work (nothing computerized then)
Coca-Cola route driver (hardest job ever + Glass bottles then)
Shipping Clerk in Hosiery Mill (low pay, tedious)
Truck Driver Fredrickson Motor Express (great job) 1987-1995
AF/FEDEX 1995 to Present

AARP backs Obamacare...

has anyone here gotten any AARP membership mail..??

i think when i turned 30, i got and still do get AARP mailings to join.

i think that to just shut them up and stop the mailings, i may just indeed join'em...

what the hell is a "bobbie bar"...????

ain't never heard of a "bobbie bar"....

is that where guys named "Robert", hang out..???.........:hysterical:
I was drunk when I worked there,I was drunk when I posted,and mostly drunk when I went to school,never did learn to spell worth a ****.
Robert did work there for awhile then he became Roberta and things just got weird after that.

i think that to just shut them up and stop the mailings, i may just indeed join'em...

I joined for a year, never used the card for anything. Not so great discounts

You mean 50? Thats the minimum age, if you started getting them at 30, unless my math is off that means you have been ignoring them for some 70 odd years ;)

in 78 I bought a truck
before I bought the truck I was a waiter in a singles bar
unfortunately after I left the waiter job
the singles bar turned into a gay bar
I would like once again to point out
I WAS NOT THERE WHEN THE BAR TURNED GAY!!!!!
please stop asking!
The Bar's name was "Boodles" when I worked there
They changed the name to "Feathers" later on
Then back to Boodles
Thank You
Sincerely
Smoov
You know, when people seem hell bent on declaring something they were not involved, they usually were involved, butt that's history dude.
You seem to have kept up with name changes, so....well....okay.
- - - -
Not much recollection after HIGH skool for about 16 years. I was rather tuned up when not locked up.
I ran with some colorful characters, some wannabe hookers, some uphill gardeners, some junkies and mostly just assorted drunks.
I sobered up when I was 34 but started running with John Barleycorn when about 14.

Most "jobs" were warehouse and construction as well after getting sober until I made the wonderful choice of becoming a twuck dwiver.

4 important upgrades in my Life: When I was given sobriety, when i was granted a Class A Driver License, when I met kiwiray thru TruckingBoards, when I got married.

CHEERS!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I graduated in 2005. Got my CDl in 2006.

Drove for apperts food service for 2 years. Left to try something new.

Estes express doing P&D. 6 months and left because my wife lost her job and I was driving 75 miles to work.

Went to Dawn food products. Drove for them for 8 months until my hours got cut and I was going thru a divorce.

Decided to give OTR a try. Drove for RH Hummer out of Iowa. 6 months until I got called back to Dawn.

Went to dawn and worked there 6 months again until we lost one of are biggest customers I was cut to 27 hrs a week.

Saia as a P&d driver. 6 months again until my fiance got a job in another state so we moved

Gordon Food service. Great job and I miss it. 2 years until my fiance decided to pack up and leave me and took my son back to Minnesota so I quit my job and moved back to MN to be with my son.

Martin Brower. Good pay but absolutely no life. I was going for custody and my work hrs would've prevented me from getting my my custody.

Went back to apperts. Enjoyed it until we got bought by sysco. Then I was working 25 hrs a week while the new guys were working there 40. Was there 10 months.

And now currently I'm at EMJ metals hauling steel around the cities. Been here since May of last year. It's a ok job. If I am ever offered a job as a union carhauler or linehaul driver I would leave. I have my issues with this place.

I know I know I have had alot of jobs. So be nice and don't be hard on me. I have good reasons why I left em. But some ppl don't understand