TForce | Your kidding right? Safety bingo?

Overnite

TB Veteran
Credits
We can't grab a cold drink at the store without explaining why our truck is stationary for 3 minuites, we can't be 1 minuite late, we get warning letters sent to our house for failing to not maintain production standards.

Now we have to at safety bingo. Coming to a terminal near you.

We have had that stupid crap at out terminal for a while now.. I tear up the card and throw it away in front of them. What a bunch of jacskwagons.

Wow! ........ any time you 2 want to give me your $50 prize let me know. We had a $50 winner last week, next up $100!!! This is besides are cook outs every 30 days. Other companys are taking pay cuts. What am I missing here! I think Safety Bingo is good.

Oh wow! I cant wait to get to work. I get to play bingo for 27 bucks an hour. I can only hope this progresses to monopoly some day. Learn to play the game people,when will you learn. In the Marine Corps they teach over and over "go along with the program". Unless it violates the contract. Thanks for the post, now i have something to look forward to today. Learning to play the company game ,not the bingo game. I think a chimp can play bingo.

We can't grab a cold drink at the store without explaining why our truck is stationary for 3 minuites, we can't be 1 minuite late, we get warning letters sent to our house for failing to not maintain production standards.

Safety BINGO? LOL

Gee reading this thread topic I can see the LTL worker force is really going down hill these days.

Back in the day that is in the 60's when I first became a city driver in the LTL game.
Thats right we old timers called working the dock, delivering,and picking up LTL freight,'The Freight Game.

Of course back in the day I was also a dues paying member in good standing with the I.B.T.

Heres how the game is played if any of you young pup's are interested.
The company has set rules on how they want their employees to serve there needs.
The union on the other hand also has their rules to protect their dues payers.

So what we did was met in the middle,we went along with our companies to the point that our immediate authority figures were trying to bend an article in our contract to serve their purpose.
At that point we would just grieve it first, than begin to drag our feet with all of our work chores.

You know that if everyone sticks together the freight game can not only be challenging,but enjoyable as well.

We paid dues which gave us outside representation from our union,which in turn kept our company authorities on our good sides.
Unless of course they wanted our local union rep.'s leaning on them,as well as levying financial fines to stop their nonsense,and get back on course to follow all the articles in our contract both the companies,and the union agreed on at the time of its signing.

The bottom line is you young ones just need to learn how to play the game.
Any terminals workers can make their TM look good,or bad,depending if the said TM wants the workers to be happy with him and do their best work.
Or be upset with him,and slow down just getting by with the least they can, slowing production to a minimum.

Oh my yes it does surprise me to see so many of you new Teamsters whining about so much on this message board,when it comes down to that fact you are dues payers,and have representation.
You and your co-workers can make your TM look good, or bad in the companies eyes.

My my what is this world coming to when so many are unhappy with their working conditions, and they are dues paying Teamsters to boot?
Go figure?
It just bogles my mind?

So you're complaing because they want to give you free stuff for marking a bingo card while on the clock? I guess uf they let you sit home and mailed you a check you'd ***** about that too!