XPO | Your proxy vote.

Now you know.

I take it we have someone here that knows what they are doing because I know nothing about this proxy stuff. But I do believe we are in trouble.And am willing to try something. Tell me more!!:sumo:

Attention Conway Freight Employees:

Prior to the general meeting of a company or mutual fund, shareholders will receive a package in the mail containing a variety of documents that report financial data and operations results and announce important issues - such as proposals for changes to the company's share structure or mergers and acquisitions. These are all matters that shareholders or unit holders, the true owners of the company or mutual fund, will vote on at the general meeting. If, however, a shareholder is not able to attend an annual (or special) meeting, he or she can vote on proposals by means of a proxy, one of the documents that is included in the pre-meeting mailing package. (To learn more, see Knowing Your Rights As A Shareholder.)

The Purpose of Proxy Voting
Shareholder voting is the primary means by which shareholders can influence the company's or mutual fund's operations, its corporate governance, and even activities of social responsibility that may fall outside of financial considerations. It is therefore very important for shareholders to participate in the voting and make their decisions based on a full understanding of the information and legal documentation presented to them.

At shareholder meetings, investors with common shares (or mutual fund units) typically receive one vote per share (or unit), unless they own shares carrying additional voting provisions. The votes of shareholders who are absent from a meeting and have not used a proxy card bearing their signature is considered to be abstained--they count neither for nor against any proposal tabled at the meeting.

But proxy voting allows shareholders to vote when they can't attend a shareholder meeting, so investors are quite literally able to own and vote on equities in companies and mutual funds that might be located and registered clear across the globe.

Voting Proxies Electronically
In the age of the Internet, investors can not only buy and sell stocks online, but also vote their proxy statements. The entire documentation delivery process can be electronically automated with the use of various services such as EquiServe or Automatic Data Processing's (ADP's) Proxy Vote. Official documentation is delivered to shareholders in electronic form, and then they log onto the system with a control number or personal identification number and vote for or against the resolutions presented.

Proxy Voting Guidelines
The Internet also greatly assists shareholders in researching their decisions. Numerous institutional investors now post their voting decisions online prior to the meeting date, giving individual investors a chance to see where the large institutional shareholders stand on issues. These same institutions may also provide extensive explanations of their decisions by posting their 'proxy voting guidelines'. For example, institutions may cast their votes on criteria of long-term value, corporate accountability, responsibility, sustainability, and so forth.

The most proactive of institutional investors play a sort of champion role in keeping directors accountable for the resolutions that are introduced at important meetings. Not only will the institution establish its model proxy voting guidelines, but also if a decision is initially unclear, it will seek additional information from the company itself. For example, an institution might contact management directly to discuss a specific proposal, suggest modifications to the nature of the proposal, or in extreme cases, urge the withdrawal of the proposal in its entirety. Such influence is generally held only by powerful institutional investors, making the institution's role in the proxy voting process invaluable.

Innovations to the Proxy Voting System
In the wake of much-publicized corporate scandals perpetrated by the management and directors of various publicly-traded companies over the years, more consideration has been given to potential revisions of the proxy voting system--most significantly, the possibility of shareholders taking an active role in introducing resolutions to the proxy. These proposals are often termed "direct proxy access" and focus most prominently on the possibility of allowing shareholders to nominate director candidates. On the one hand, this could bring fresh perspectives to the board of directors; but on the other hand, lack of experience (among other factors) could cause shareholders to nominate directors who are truly inappropriate for directorship.

Conclusion
Proxy voting is often the sole means by which investors can have a say in the business operations and societal activities of their company or mutual fund. Shareholders need not attend an important meeting in person, but they certainly must make the effort to read and understand legal resolutions and use all available resources to make an educated vote based on their best knowledge and information.

Do not vote = They will vote for you

The proxy vote is a pain in the butt,BUT as a stockholder #1 and as an employee #1 also you must vote. When you throw it away unopened, the board votes you automatic as a YES to anything they want, Exorbant pay raises, even large bonuses and profit sharing all round for the elite few. Everone can vote their own, I always vote against anyone who does not have a vested interest in our company,ie. no or low amount of stock ownership and against anyone who has a list of boards they "sit" on and haven't a clue what the ltl in LTL. trucking even stands for. Merry Christmas! Wizard.

Some people might not understand some of the terminology in the above post by Lost Cause so here is a link that has hyperlinks to understand a little bit more.
Hmmmm seems very similar.:biglaugh::smilie_132:

Proxy Voting Gives Fund Shareholders A Say

Knowing Your Rights As A Shareholder <---This is a very good article. Not many people even care about it. You should cause own stock.
The drivers here could care less, but they will let the company take away and away. Just do not mess with there vacation....them are fighting terms when the company messes with the vacation.

i am guilty of doing nothing with my vote. so, the people who know something bout this proxy voting educate me and the others who know nothing bout this. teach this old man so we can do something to make us better.

It amazes me that the marty minute posts near 300 and 13,000 views while this one has almost 50 posts and 1700 views.... You guys need to wake up. With all of you paying attention to a douche bag like Marty and other retro a** clowns that run this company are laughing at you. They give you the tools every year to change things yet you guys are more concerned about what your fellow co worker is doing rather than reading your 10k report and voting on the proxy. You guys where given the opportunity with a good strong push to try and change and you let some very strong people down that would have led us all. Then again you laugh at the It starts with me program .... well it does start with you guys ... It starts with me by voting on my proxy form that I will recieve this year. If you dont vote. Dont B*tch.

The drivers here could care less, but they will let the company take away and away. Just do not mess with there vacation....them are fighting terms when the company messes with the vacation.

This is a very true statement. It's seems like the majority of people that have to really dig into to this and than start straining their brain just end up pushing it to the side until it's too late. Thats exactly how they want you to behave.
Someone needs to post the steps involved in getting this proxy completed. Otherwise the CEO's will just :highfive: eachother and TAKE AWAY your vote.

Why don't the Con-way members that understand this stuff start posting the steps involved for the other members that don't understand how.

You guys lost a very very important voice when Lawofone was terminated. G.O knew it, thats why the hit was out on him from a frivilous issue.

I got more on board this year who finally get it .... A little bit a time I guess.

Gotta keep spreadin the word. There was a paper moving through the system that peaked some drivers interest, making an opportunity to spread the word. I haven't noticed any new members but a few seemed interested.

ok all you smart people. i have a question with my stock. i want to sell it so i dont get caught like enron employees did a few years ago. would i be making a mistake and how much of the stock can i sell before i lose my vote.

ok all you smart people. i have a question with my stock. i want to sell it so i dont get caught like enron employees did a few years ago. would i be making a mistake and how much of the stock can i sell before i lose my vote.
you only loose your vote is if you sell all of it.do not touch your PREFERRED stock only sell your common stock. and as long as you don't change contribution to it you will always have a vote just not as many.
i hope this make sense.

i just looked right now in my opion i would not sell my stock it's at 43.30 and it takes two day to sell.i'm waiting until after the first of jan then i might sell if the price is right.

thanks for the education. need all the help i can get in stock selling. i am still learning as an ole man. keep teaching me.

since it is almost that time for the proxy voting, we need to be on the same page. i have never used my voting priviledge and i want to help our company and my fellow teamates. for all the people who keep up with help us do the right thing.