XPO | Your proxy vote.

I take it we have someone here that knows what they are doing because I know nothing about this proxy stuff. But I do believe we are in trouble.And am willing to try something. Tell me more!!:sumo:

I myeslf did not realize the importance of the proxy vote, I do not understand all the mumble jumble, however what I do know, is we need to use them and not ignor them, ignoring them or tossing them is what managment assumes you will, do, which in essence does not allow our voice to be heard, you have one proxy vote for each share of PREFERED stock, perhaps others can be more helpfull, and enlighten us more, thinking outside the box is whats needed among us drivers, mud slinging and chest thumping, and bickering between drivers solves nothing, we need to use the tools we have to do what we can

I myeslf did not realize the importance of the proxy vote, I do not understand all the mumble jumble, however what I do know, is we need to use them and not ignor them, ignoring them or tossing them is what managment assumes you will, do, which in essence does not allow our voice to be heard, you have one proxy vote for each share of PREFERED stock, perhaps others can be more helpfull, and enlighten us more, thinking outside the box is whats needed among us drivers, mud slinging and chest thumping, and bickering between drivers solves nothing, we need to use the tools we have to do what we can
you also have one vote for each share of common stock you own.

nice to see some awareness on this subject, I myself am learning more, it is amazing what one can become aware of if they will just listen for a change, instead of complaining on what they think cant be done, no one likes change, change is hard, but change can be accomplished, now you need to ask yourself, do you want to influence that change? or are you willing to sit by allowing others to make changes that perhaps are not in yours or mine, best intrest, perhaps to some it seems we as drivers and common employees have no voice, but we do, and we need to use that voice to the best of our advantage

I used to vote the proxy. I had faith the The Corporation had my interests in mind thinking that they valued their number one asset - their people. If i remember right their was a box you could check that your votes would be cast for those that were recommended. I might have this confused with some other stocks that I vote on but regardless, that is what I think I did. Then about 6 years ago or so, I just started throwing them away without even viewing them. "What's the use" I said.

Today, if I can understand any recommendations that you all can give, I will consider them. I don't understand nor do I think I can understand that language. And even if I did think I could, this seems like an awfully important vote to waste on my arrogance thinking I could understand it.

Does it take a real man to reach out for help, admitting his fallibilities?

Who are you all voting for and why?

Or maybe the question should be, who are you voting against?

I know these last two questions are premature but I thought they should be out there anyways.

Stock

Common stock is one vote per share, and preffered is six votes per share. If you do not understand what is going on, or you do not know how to vote and can not make up your mind on what to vote for, you can check the box that says abstain. That way all of your votes will not be used for what the boards thinks will be in there best interest. Just think what would happpen if all 21000 employees were to check abstain.

Common stock is one vote per share, and preffered is six votes per share. If you do not understand what is going on, or you do not know how to vote and can not make up your mind on what to vote for, you can check the box that says abstain. That way all of your votes will not be used for what the boards thinks will be in there best interest. Just think what would happpen if all 21000 employees were to check abstain.

As always you provide great info as above .
But , I tend to disagree with your last sentance of
this post . I doubt that the amount of votes held by
the approx. 21,000 to 25,000 employees , are of an
amount large enough to even send a message to the
board of this company . Correct me if I am wrong .
Is not the vast majority of votes held by the
company , instatutions , or other than employees ?
Thank You .

i have 395.6933 in common stock.
and 6.7819 in preferred that = 40.6914
total amout of votes is 406.3847

and I've only been here for 4 years.just think what the guy that have been here from the start might have.
and thats only Thur the 401k that i have.
some guys also buy stock Thur pay roll deduction.

i have 395.6933 in common stock.
and 6.7819 in preferred that = 40.6914
total amout of votes is 406.3847

and I've only been here for 4 years.just think what the guy that have been here from the start might have.
and thats only Thur the 401k that i have.
some guys also buy stock Thur pay roll deduction.

sell sell sell sell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As always you provide great info as above .
But , I tend to disagree with your last sentance of
this post . I doubt that the amount of votes held by
the approx. 21,000 to 25,000 employees , are of an
amount large enough to even send a message to the
board of this company . Correct me if I am wrong .
Is not the vast majority of votes held by the
company , instatutions , or other than employees ?
Thank You .
It is a start. Things can be built from there. It take alot of reading to understand that you start off small to make bigger things happen. READ, READ ,AND READ some more. You will understand how after you read everything that you can get your hands on about how the stocks work with the votes that you have to use.

Here is some help

When you get your proxy in the mail at the end of the month, vote abstain. That way the company can not use your votes. Then write my name on your proxy as to what the board wants to past. Just write it in as the last thing. And example is to say something like, Elect M------ C------ for a three year term as dispensation officer to over see the company and the company business.

It amazes me that the marty minute posts near 300 and 13,000 views while this one has almost 50 posts and 1700 views.... You guys need to wake up. With all of you paying attention to a douche bag like Marty and other retro a** clowns that run this company are laughing at you. They give you the tools every year to change things yet you guys are more concerned about what your fellow co worker is doing rather than reading your 10k report and voting on the proxy. You guys where given the opportunity with a good strong push to try and change and you let some very strong people down that would have led us all. Then again you laugh at the It starts with me program .... well it does start with you guys ... It starts with me by voting on my proxy form that I will recieve this year. If you dont vote. Dont B*tch.
This deserves some green. Well said.

Options

Okay, um, any other options?
There are many options that you can go to. Here is one or two options that you can employ. Do as some of us did a few years ago--write up 3 or 4 different things that you want changed ( different audit company every three years-different health and medical company-less members on the board, etc., etc., ) then print this out and give to every one that you see and talk to, and have them sign, date, print there name, and there employee number. All you need is to get 2300 back, make a copy of them, and then send them to Dr. Keith. He in turn has to send them to the Bank of NY ( trustee ), they check the names and employee numbers against the stockholders list and confirm that everyone is a stock holder, then they send the list back to Dr. Keith, from there Dr. Keith has to put your request on the next proxy to be voted on by all employees that will take the time to vote. This is called a minority trigger. The next option is to just follow all the rules that the company puts out. The first option was tried be me and another person several years ago, and we only had 151 people respond, but that was a start. Maybe if you started a thread that said something like, the company is thinking of doing away with the vacation time you would get a huge number that would fill one out. Sad to say, but that is what most of the working people at CON-way get mad about, forget pensions, medical, and all of the other things. Just a thought.:USA::USA::USA::USA:

Thank you Lawofone and that is some good info, though it does sound like quite the undertaking. But are there other viable and positive options when casting my proxy vote forthcoming.