TForce | Your Supplement will Seal the Deal!

NiKDiesel

TB Regular
Credits
All of you considering a "No Vote"... Forget about it!

We're stuck with the medical "as is"...

We can't even negotiate a different medical plan through local intervention...

Negotiating power regarding receiving a better medical plan will not be achieved until the expiration of this contract in 2013...

You will have an opportunity to address all concerns regarding interpretation of the language of the tentative agreement in your meetings...

(start printing out some of this subject matter imbedded throughout this message board... print out a copy of the contract and highlight area's of concern... walk into these meeting prepared to talk...

You will receive re-assuring understanding of how, when and where language that is written is applied... If you ask enough questions)

The ever so prevalent holes throughout the contract will be filled by your negotiated supplements!

These supplements will contain language regarding "Past Practice" benefits that you have grown accustom to, enjoyed and or agreed upon in the past...

(you will need to start compiling a list of past practice items so that you can get that information into supplement form...)

Line Haul… “No” more point system for D&H’s and Fueling…

It’s as simple as this:

If your bid reads that your start time is 20:00 then you punch in at 20:00 (if your cut time is 20:00 then your bid needs to reflect time needed allowing you to pre-trip, hook and prepare for departure by 20:00) then you punch out when your ready to depart the terminal… reverting you back to mileage…

since you gave the great suggestion of printing some of this out to take to "our" meetings. Here's one:

What happens when they so NO to our supplements/work rules....what action can we/you take when this happens......Here's your answer....nothing, there's no/nothing that can be done unless they just agree to let it happen...good luck with that.

since you gave the great suggestion of printing some of this out to take to "our" meetings. Here's one:

What happens when they so NO to our supplements/work rules....what action can we/you take when this happens......Here's your answer....nothing, there's no/nothing that can be done unless they just agree to let it happen...good luck with that.

Going in with a negative attitude will only prove counterproductive...

Walking in prepared to addressed your concerns will bring you ultimately to the same conclusion...

"Thank-you" for answering that last question for me...

Only problem is... "I" wouldn't have answered it that way... :1036316054:

Going in with a negative attitude will only prove counterproductive...

Walking in prepared to addressed your concerns will bring you ultimately to the same conclusion...

"Thank-you" for answering that last question for me...

Only problem is... "I" wouldn't have answered it that way... :1036316054:

I holeheartedly agree.........:1036316054:

I holeheartedly agree.........:1036316054:

Man, have you guys got me wrong. I spent 4.5 hours w/our new B.A going over contract and only got half way through it on friday.....going back again this week. I'm really trying to be "for" it. I've spent last year being the for it guy....just being open minded and want to prepare you for some of the stuff your going to hear. I asked that question and that's the answer I got.

I'm for it for the most important article in the entire contract for us....our state...be a work at "will" state. Meaning the can fire you for no reason at all.

ARTICLE 6, SECTION 1. JUST CAUSE..
Employees shall not be disciplined, suspended or DISCHARGED except for just cause. Except for offenses of extreme seriousness, employees shall be subject to progressive discipline.....

right now you walk across our lot without a safety vest on you can be fired, period, end of story. Or anything for that matter.

Man, have you guys got me wrong. I spent 4.5 hours w/our new B.A going over contract and only got half way through it on friday.....going back again this week. I'm really trying to be "for" it. I've spent last year being the for it guy....just being open minded and want to prepare you for some of the stuff your going to hear. I asked that question and that's the answer I got.

I'm for it for the most important article in the entire contract for us....our state...be a work at "will" state. Meaning the can fire you for no reason at all.

Employees shall not be disciplined, suspended or DISCHARGED except for just cause. Except for offenses of extreme seriousness, employees shall be subject to progressive discipline.....

right now you walk across our lot without a safety vest on you can be fired, period, end of story. Or anything for that matter.

I am not disagreeing with you, I am actually saying going in with a closed mind will get you punished. We did. And as you said , hopefully things will get better in 5 years, but this statement is nothing more then the beginning of the buyout when everyone was waiting for the silver platter.

They will work around you until they get what they want. UPS wants this in a bad way. I too find excellent wrighting in this contract in referrance to protections, and in NH we too can be fired for nothing so this I am in agreement.

But no one will strong arm the union they have all of thier eggs in one basket.

I am not disagreeing with you, I am actually saying going in with a closed mind will get you punished. We did. And as you said , hopefully things will get better in 5 years, but this statement is nothing more then the beginning of the buyout when everyone was waiting for the silver platter.

They will work around you until they get what they want. UPS wants this in a bad way. I too find excellent wrighting in this contract in referrance to protections, and in NH we too can be fired for nothing so this I am in agreement.

Yes and that basket belongs to UPS:biglaugh:

Glad you brought that up, who defines what is extreme? My bet is the rule book will define it.

But what happens if they say YES?....KK
Do look at this glass as half full....or half empty?....KK

the maintinance of standard article says "subject to the provisions of this Agreement" which means if the contract covers somthing it overides the maintinance of standards article.

Also the maintinance of standards only pertains to wages, hours of work, overtime differentials and general working conditions.

Not Rules.

But what happens if they say YES?....KK
Do look at this glass as half full....or half empty?....KK

KK..you being with the union, with experience and all, let me pose the question to you....

What if they don't agree to the requested supplements or work rules you'd like added...what course of action does the union have? if any?

Only on past practices if it's better then what was negotiated. Straight from the hall.

was also told case law...history. But problem with that is we as UPS Freight under first time contract (if that happens) don't have any case history and that's why it's going to be important to get extreme seriousness defined....

according to what I saw, 6 file drawers full of UPS terminations..."they claim everything is extreme"

was also told case law...history. But problem with that is we as UPS Freight under first time contract (if that happens) don't have any case history and that's why it's going to be important to get extreme seriousness defined....

according to what I saw, 6 file drawers full of UPS terminations..."they claim everything is extreme"

Oh yeah that was in a five year period also....amazing:shock:

no it is not amazing, everything is preventable according to ups.

They fire drivers when they get hit by another vehicle.

I too find excellent wrighting in this contract in referrance to protections, and in NH we too can be fired for nothing so this I am in agreement.

We here in the Northeast have it good when comparing us and a "Right to Work" state... such is the case for Scooter824

We will "Not" be "Fired" (especially for "Nothing")

I realize that to be a pretty bold statement...

but, if we do not violate or break a rule of "Extreme Seriousness" (I like NMFA wording: "Cardinal Sin") then the likelihood of us being fired is pretty slim...

From what I understand (and I have limited knowledge of the comparison) there really is no comparison between a "Right to Work" state and a state that allows "Recognition of a Union Shop"

I can see a distinct possibility of minor infractions turning for the worst in a R2W state...

Scooter824... You must have your hands full!

Good Luck!

WTF are you talking about????? Elvis out...