Your Terminal Cannot Accept "Applicants" - if a Lay-off is in Effect!

Discussion in 'UPS Freight' started by NiKDiesel, Feb 3, 2009.

1. UPS Teamster

UPS Teamster Goodbye Middle Class

WAIT A MINUTE STOP THE PRESSES .I'm supposed to be getting paid??? Son you need to go to your steward or Buisness agent immediateley for some crash courses on TEAMSTER 101.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

2. yahooer

yahooer Member

I STAND CORRECTED ON THE PAY PART.....:bowdown:JDTEX

3. Union Grunt

Union Grunt Member

Amen brother! I have told the guys that they will have to make the first stand on a grievable issue, then I will help them with all the rest.:thumbsup:

4. imported_loopy105

imported_loopy105 Member

As I understand it, palatine has three of the bottom road drivers laid off, the very bottom one doin city work (with grievences being filed daily) and one of the bottom 3 laid off is there steward..... Still want to apply for palatine road work?:biglaugh:

5. BIG BROWN

BIG BROWN Member

What about getting hired for a location where there is not a terminal yet. I have an interview on monday in a town where there isn't a ups freight terminal within 3 hours of. I could be working while other guys are layed off. Thats the way it sounds to me:biglaugh:

6. laid off 90%

laid off 90% Member

super seniority?????

i have been told by various stewards that they could not be laid off, i was curious about this, has anyone else heard this? something about super seniority????

7. Desert Eagle

Desert Eagle Member

The Co. will hire off the street before letting anybody on lay off transfer. This has been proven.

8. kansasman

kansasman Member

Thats exactly right - I am laid off from the terminal in Kansas City, saw the terminal in my hometown was hiring and was told that I could not transfer - that I would have to give up all of my seniority with the company and apply as a new hire.

9. Johnnyr33

Johnnyr33 Member

I take this to mean they don't have Southern Modified Seniority in the contract in the south? Just wondering because I have an upcoming interview with them..I am currently laid off from Yellow

10. kansasman

kansasman Member

For layoff purposes - seniority is based on time with the company.
    I live in Wichita and worked out of the terminal in Kansas City. Wichita is not union and Kansas City is. I just received a message on my cell phone stating that since Wichita is not union - I would have to give up my seniority in Kansas City and reapply in Wichita as a new hire. I was also told that if Wichita were union - a transfer would be allowed.
    Good luck with your interview!! Don't know about the Southern Modified Seniority - UPS Freight's contract is not part of the Master Freight Agreement.

11. Johnnyr33

Johnnyr33 Member

That stinks about the transfer...Thanks for the reply and well wishes..I'm excited and hoping it goes well, and I can become a part of brown