TForce | Your Terminal Cannot Accept "Applicants" - if a Lay-off is in Effect!

Is not the stewart getting paid to keep the member's of whichever facility they work at informed of any changes of operation.

The reason all Teamster members pay dues is for the Teamster leadership to watch out for instances like this otherwise what are we paying dues for.

WAIT A MINUTE STOP THE PRESSES .I'm supposed to be getting paid??? Son you need to go to your steward or Buisness agent immediateley for some crash courses on TEAMSTER 101.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

You might be surprised to know that we are one person and cant do everything.Sometimes you actually have to do somethings yourself.:duh:

Amen brother! I have told the guys that they will have to make the first stand on a grievable issue, then I will help them with all the rest.:thumbsup:

is the palatine ill barn good to work for roaddriver thanks

As I understand it, palatine has three of the bottom road drivers laid off, the very bottom one doin city work (with grievences being filed daily) and one of the bottom 3 laid off is there steward..... Still want to apply for palatine road work?:biglaugh:

What about getting hired for a location where there is not a terminal yet. I have an interview on monday in a town where there isn't a ups freight terminal within 3 hours of. I could be working while other guys are layed off. Thats the way it sounds to me:biglaugh:

super seniority?????

As I understand it, palatine has three of the bottom road drivers laid off, the very bottom one doin city work (with grievences being filed daily) and one of the bottom 3 laid off is there steward..... Still want to apply for palatine road work?:biglaugh:

i have been told by various stewards that they could not be laid off, i was curious about this, has anyone else heard this? something about super seniority????

UPS can accept as many pre-applications as they want, it's called preparing! Just so long as they do not hire newbies before laid off workers, we're golden!

Now here is the million dollar question. What if you have a laid off worker and the neighboring terminal is hiring, yet you cannot even inquire because of the transfer freeze?

The Co. will hire off the street before letting anybody on lay off transfer. This has been proven.

Thats exactly right - I am laid off from the terminal in Kansas City, saw the terminal in my hometown was hiring and was told that I could not transfer - that I would have to give up all of my seniority with the company and apply as a new hire.

Thats exactly right - I am laid off from the terminal in Kansas City, saw the terminal in my hometown was hiring and was told that I could not transfer - that I would have to give up all of my seniority with the company and apply as a new hire.

I take this to mean they don't have Southern Modified Seniority in the contract in the south? Just wondering because I have an upcoming interview with them..I am currently laid off from Yellow

For layoff purposes - seniority is based on time with the company.
I live in Wichita and worked out of the terminal in Kansas City. Wichita is not union and Kansas City is. I just received a message on my cell phone stating that since Wichita is not union - I would have to give up my seniority in Kansas City and reapply in Wichita as a new hire. I was also told that if Wichita were union - a transfer would be allowed.
Good luck with your interview!! Don't know about the Southern Modified Seniority - UPS Freight's contract is not part of the Master Freight Agreement.

For layoff purposes - seniority is based on time with the company.
I live in Wichita and worked out of the terminal in Kansas City. Wichita is not union and Kansas City is. I just received a message on my cell phone stating that since Wichita is not union - I would have to give up my seniority in Kansas City and reapply in Wichita as a new hire. I was also told that if Wichita were union - a transfer would be allowed.
Good luck with your interview!! Don't know about the Southern Modified Seniority - UPS Freight's contract is not part of the Master Freight Agreement.

That stinks about the transfer...Thanks for the reply and well wishes..I'm excited and hoping it goes well, and I can become a part of brown