ABF | Your thoughts on the DVD from the CEO of ABF

duke

TB Lurker
Credits
Here's hoping this negotiation doesn't turn into a giant sh#@ show. As a new guy at ABF, I would like to hear from the senior drivers about what to expect over the next couple months.

If history repeats it's self the IBT will pick up the torch after the December 18, 2012 meeting. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

Sounds like the company will be seeking major changes to insurance, pension and expanding the use of UE drivers. ABF employees have a chance to lead by example and demonstrate to all our union brothers that cooperation without concessions is the key to everybody's success. With the black eye unions have gotten lately in the media this is the time to show how flexible unions can be. I believe this will also be a great recruiting tool, as it seems the Teamsters have no interest in organizing any non-union carriers. And no I am not part of management, just a low level casual driver with hopes of becoming full time one of these days and spending the next couple decades with ABF.

Stick around , Brother, it'll get interesting! ABf is probably the most honorable corporation in America as regards to negotiations.....but remember, that ain't saying much, given the state of disdain most corporations treat their employees. It seems that ABF has jumped the gun by making themselves the primary source for information about the contract negotiations, what with DVD's, 3 different web-sites, mandatory meetings to view messages, and posted "news releases" and , now, mailings. Great way to get your spouse involved with the negotiations! And....of course, the IBT will gradually rumble to life, probably reaching it's full negotiating speed sometime after the holidays. At that point, let the Robo-Calls begin! If the IBT negotiating team keeps their wits about them......and placing Tyson Johnson in a subsidiary role instead of a leading role is a good beginning......and successfully counters ABF's oncoming media information blitz portraying our company as a poor, benevolent, struggling midget competing with titans, we'll come out of this with a fair contract, and ABF can go back to purchasing other carriers and handing out executive bonuses indiscriminately.

Remember Don't Vote Until You Have All Your Questions Answered By both Sides Of the Debate
YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!!

Sounds like the company will be seeking major changes to insurance, pension and expanding the use of UE drivers. ABF employees have a chance to lead by example and demonstrate to all our union brothers that cooperation without concessions is the key to everybody's success. With the black eye unions have gotten lately in the media this is the time to show how flexible unions can be. I believe this will also be a great recruiting tool, as it seems the Teamsters have no interest in organizing any non-union carriers. And no I am not part of management, just a low level casual driver with hopes of becoming full time one of these days and spending the next couple decades with ABF.
not a member of management ? please contact me Roy slagel abf freight systems fort smith Arkansas .

Here's hoping this negotiation doesn't turn into a giant sh#@ show. As a new guy at ABF, I would like to hear from the senior drivers about what to expect over the next couple months.
I believe you can expect managers to eavesdrop on our conversations fishing for what they can take off of us in the next six months. The word is that they were all heralded to home office for an update and I'd be willing to bet they were told to keep their eyes and ears open for chatter.

I believe you can expect managers to eavesdrop on our conversations fishing for what they can take off of us in the next six months. The word is that they were all heralded to home office for an update and I'd be willing to bet they were told to keep their eyes and ears open for chatter.

Let's hope that they do eavesdrop...they want to talk about the Four C's...but inquiring minds would like to hear more about that Fifth C that they conveniently fail to mention:

CEO Gets $455,000 Raise

March 1, 2012: Total compensation for ABF CEO Judy McReynolds spiked to nearly $1.35 million in 2011 according to a proxy report filed by the company on February 29. ABF profits are also on the rise but the company continues to seek concessions that match YRC’s.

ABF hiked total compensation for its CEO by a whopping 35 percent last year. The company also recently announced profits of $2.1 million for the Fourth Quarter. For the year, ABF’s after-tax profits hit $6.8 million on revenue of $1.9 billion.

The 2013 contract negotiations will be the company’s next opportunity to press for givebacks.

Interested in working with ABF Teamsters across the country to say NO to concessions in the 2013 contract?

ABF CEO Gets $455,000 Raise | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

And this after an all out campain by the company and the IBT to try to get us to take concessions...I call that a slap in the face!!!!!

CEO Gets $455,000 Raise

Ah, Ms McReynolds will be looking to earn that raise so

Let's Get Ready To Ruuumble!!!

Tell me Joe...what do you think about that Fifth C ? After the company crying poor and Teamsters officials stating that Arkansas Best was losing about $10 million a month and needed the pay cuts to keep from burning through its cash reserves...what's their justification for Judy's raise?

Arkansas Best officials said they were disappointed the Teamsters rejected a wage plan similar to that accepted for other union-affiliated trucking compaines.

"The current economic decline has been unprecedented in its depth and duration. Our company, including our nonunion employees, has made significant financial sacrifices during this period. It is unfortunate that our union employees have chosen not to participate in better aligning ABF's cost structure with those of its LTL competitors," Judy McReynolds, Arkansas Best president and CEO, said in a statement. "Going forward, we will evaluate our various options in dealing with our cost structure and the other issues we face during this challenging freight environment."

Teamsters reject ABF wage adjustment contract | Business, Political, and Cultural News in Fort Smith and Northwest Arkansas

Our company, including our nonunion employees, has made significant financial sacrifices during this period. It is unfortunate that our union employees have chosen not to participate in better aligning ABF's cost structure with those of its LTL competitors," Judy McReynolds, Arkansas Best president and CEO, said in a statement.

What financial sacrifices have you made Judy?

Arkansas Best president and CEO, said in a statement. "Going forward, we will evaluate our various options in dealing with our cost structure and the other issues we face during this challenging freight environment."

We saw how you dealt with your various options in dealing with the cost structure...by taking a $455,000 Raise!!!!

Tell me Joe...what do you think about that Fifth C ? After the company crying poor and Teamsters officials stating that Arkansas Best was losing about $10 million a month and needed the pay cuts to keep from burning through its cash reserves...what's their justification for Judy's raise?

ABF was losing money at the time. They pulled up and are eeking by now. They are not happy with just eeking by. CEO's make that kind of money. Judy must be a talented woman to command that kind of raise. She will have to justify that raise. That could spell P A I N for you people. Just my take on it. Let's see what happens:popcorn:

ABF was losing money at the time. They pulled up and are eeking by now. They are not happy with just eeking by. CEO's make that kind of money. Judy must be a talented woman to command that kind of raise. She will have to justify that raise. That could spell P A I N for you people. Just my take on it. Let's see what happens:popcorn:
Oh there doing better than eeking by Joe you must have been thinking of yrc and you probably meant to say sqeeking by but then again bow no,s best or is it Joe no,s best it really doesn't matter any way JOE!

Yes...losing money at the time they ask us for concessions...then at the same time give her that raise. Judy's talented alright...but if she's smart...along with the other ABF executives...they will realize not to rock the boat too hard...because we all remember this and the Panther and Albert purchase as well... all the while they were losing money. After all...they're sure smart enough to know what that would do to attitude and morale.

Like I said before...I don't give a rat's ass about how much they pay the CEO or how much they spend or on what...that's none of my business...but when they come after me for cuts...it sure becomes my business.

Like I also said before...I don't blame them for trying...it's good business sense...always has been...to get the workers to accept the least as possible.

I saw the video and when he got to the part about A.B.F.'s high cost structure and not being able to compete..... it was at this point when i knew..... Joe The Plumber is no other than....Roy Slagel !!!!! Admit it Joe !!! You are the C.E.O. of this company !!! You use the high cost structure statement all the time !!!! I knew it !!!!!

Originally Posted by Docker

Arkansas Best officials said they were disappointed the Teamsters rejected a wage plan similar to that accepted for other union-affiliated trucking compaines.
It is unfortunate that our union employees have chosen not to participate in better aligning ABF's cost structure with those of its LTL competitors," Judy McReynolds, Arkansas Best president and CEO, said in a statement. "Going forward, we will evaluate our various options in dealing with our cost structure and the other issues we face during this challenging freight environment."
Teamsters reject ABF wage adjustment contract | Business, Political, and Cultural News in Fort Smith and Northwest Arkansas
http://www.thecitywire.com/node/10097#.ULTkZ2fmXiQ

Those are threatening statements right there. Unfortunate for who? There has to be pay back for the ABF teamster rejection. The bond between company/teamsters is over..it is over.. the gloves are off now. There is always money for new trucks, acquisitions, bonuses. The only costs that really count in their mind are labor costs. The perfect storm..21M out of work, the current economic decline that has been unprecedented in its depth and duration has put them in attack mode. I doubt they'll take prisoners. This is the championship fight of the decade. Undefeated contender ABF teamsters going against heavy weight champion of the world..Corporate America ABF
popcorn.gif

There has to be pay back for the ABF teamster rejection.

Funny that you should mention that...are you referring to the company or the IBT...or both? After all...don't forget about Tyson's statement:

“We took a proactive approach to help ABF get through the worst economic recession since the Great Depression, but our members have rejected the plan,” Tyson Johnson, director of the Teamsters National Freight Division, noted in a statement. “The union will regroup to determine if there are other means to protect jobs and benefits. Our first priority continues to be the members’ best interests.”

Funny that you should mention that...are you referring to the company or the IBT...or both? After all...don't forget about Tyson's statement:

You don't think Tyson or Hoffa will be willing to take responsibility for YRC's or ABF's demise like the bakers union pres did.

do ya?​

You don't think Tyson or Hoffa will be willing to take responsibility for YRC's or ABF's demise like the bakers union pres did.

do ya?​

That's right...I forgot on just who I was asking that question...Mr. Gloom and Doom himself...at least you do realize that yourself:

Being the negative pessimist person I am

So...what you are actually saying is...that if you don't give into the companies demands nowadays...that they will fold...right? I'm glad the Teamsters of the past didn't think as you! And before you go and spout off about these aren't the days of old...try and remember back...here's just a couple of some of the past recessions:

1980-1982 Recession

This was technically two recessions: the first six months of 1980 and 16 months from July 1981 - November 1982. It was partially caused by the Iranian oil embargo, which reduced U.S. oil supplies driving up prices. The Fed raised interest rates to combat inflation, reducing business spending. GDP was negative for six of the 12 quarters. The worst was Q2 1980 at -7.9%(-7.8%), the worst quarterly decline since the Great Depression (until the 2008-2009 recession). In Q1 1982, it was nearly as bad, plummeting 6.4%. Unemployment rose to 10.8% in November 1982, the highest level of unemployment in any recession. It was above 10% for 10 months.

1973-1975 Recession

This recession lasted sixteen months (November 1973-March 1975). OPEC is blamed for quadrupling prices for a few months in 1973. It alone didn't cause such a deep recession. Several factors contributed. First, the U.S. went off of the gold standard and printed more money. This created inflation, as too many dollars chased too few goods. Second, President Nixon instituted wage-price controls. This kept prices too high, reducing demand. Wage controls made salaries too high, which forced businesses to lay off workers. The result was stagflation and three consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth: 1974 Q3 -3.9% (-3.8%), Q4 -1.6% (-1.6%), 1975 Q1 -4.8%(-4.7%). Unemployment reached a peak of 9% in May 1975, two months after the recession technically ended.

History of US Economic Recessions

"The current economic decline has been unprecedented in its depth and duration. Our company, including our nonunion employees, has made significant financial sacrifices during this period. It is unfortunate that our union employees have chosen not to participate in better aligning ABF's cost structure with those of its LTL competitors," Judy McReynolds, Arkansas Best president and CEO, said in a statement. "Going forward, we will evaluate our various options in dealing with our cost structure and the other issues we face during this challenging freight environment."

What financial sacrifices have you made Judy?

We saw how you dealt with your various options in dealing with the cost structure...by taking a $455,000 Raise!!!!

Wow! Great post!!!!

I'll just say this....Full Me Once Shame On You, Full Me Twice Shame On MEEEE!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2