ABF | Your thoughts on the DVD from the CEO of ABF

I know I am getting older so please help a Brother out. I missed the part on the DVD where Roy talked about his meeting with the Western Conference Officials about ABF getting a break in the pension contributions that were ratified by the majority of Teamsters in the 2008 NMFA. Then we the ABF Teamsters voted again during a Give Back vote and again we voted for NO CONCESSIONS! So where in the DVD did Roy talk about how the 65 cents an hour that was supposed to go into the pension for ABF Teamsters and ALL THE OTHER BROTHERS AND SISTERS in that conference was placed into an escrow account. Does a no vote not mean anything to the IBT? Hell Roy goes to them and says hey we need a break and the IBT gives them relief in the form of millions of dollars. I can't even get a Tee Shirt from them. So come on guys do I have a damaged DVD or what. Hey Roy if you read this thread can you tell johnson he works for us. Thanks. I would ask myself but he doesn't return Teamsters calls. This whole thing is getting ready to BLOW UP AND GET OUT OF CONTROL! This is wrong and somebody has to pay for this attack upon ABF Teamsters. YOUR SHAKING MY HEAD IN DISGUST BROTHER ALWAYS!

That's right...I forgot on just who I was asking that question...Mr. Gloom and Doom himself...at least you do realize that yourself:

So...what you are actually saying is...that if you don't give into the companies demands nowadays...that they will fold...right? I'm glad the Teamsters of the past didn't think as you! And before you go and spout off about these aren't the days of old...try and remember back...here's just a couple of some of the past recessions:

1980-1982 Recession

This was technically two recessions: the first six months of 1980 and 16 months from July 1981 - November 1982. ]

I don't recall saying that or even implying it. That was then this is now. Recessions then lasted an average of 1 year and boomed back. We should be in the middle of a boom now. This jobless recovery has been going on for over three years with no end in site now that you know who was re-elected. Like the man said elections have consequences

I don't recall saying that or even implying it. That was then this is now. Recessions then lasted an average of 1 year and boomed back. We should be in the middle of a boom now. This jobless recovery has been going on for over three years with no end in site now that you know who was re-elected. Like the man said elections have consequences

I'll agree with you there Joe...I hate Barry as much as you...but just because the jobless recovery has been going on for over three years doesn't mean that the middle class workers just roll over and let the companies keep driving them down till they end up in the lower class.And if the companies have their way...just guess where we will be? I...for one...will not just roll over and let the companies use the economy as the means to get what they have wanted all along...lower wages and benifits! You know the saying...never let a crisis go to waste.

Roy Slagle sends us a dvd to our homes and the post card about the four c's. They both are designed to raise many questions and then he states he can't answer any questions because it would violate law by answering questions outside the bargaining process. I'm actually sending my dvd back to him. When he can answer questions then it will be proper for him to raise questions. I also don't like how he said if they don't get a favorable contract, it will be a much different and much smaller ABF but he can't comment on that any further at this time. Please Mr. Slagle don't send me anything more until we can have a dialogue, not just a monologue.

Driver,I have been through my contracts since the mid- 60's and all I can say is get the KY ready.They love nothing better than seeing us turn on each other,HOW SAD.
A TEAMSTER FOREVER