FedEx Freight | Your thoughts.

cch6874

TB Lurker
Credits
I heard a.good one today.I heard an ex Viking driver tell an ex AF driver that because he was trained by Viking and entered TDC competions, that he was better at spotting defects on equipment than AF AND WATKINS drivers.:notworthy::LMAO:****

Ipso facto, driver. The mere fact that apparently a large number of former AF employees were perfectly willing to pull all those old rust bucket four digit P trailers up and down the highway without red tagging them to death speaks volumes. The shop manager at RC's yard was asked by his boss back east why so many trailers were being red tagged. His response? Old Viking drivers know what good equipment is. So yeah, RC would agree with the former Viking driver.

I heard a.good one today.I heard an ex Viking driver tell an ex AF driver that because he was trained by Viking and entered TDC competions, that he was better at spotting defects on equipment than AF AND WATKINS drivers.:notworthy::LMAO:****

LMAO!!!! he's never met my slip seat....

Time to let it go, we all wear the purple uniforms, pay checks have Fedex on them.

Time to let it go, we all wear the purple uniforms, pay checks have Fedex on them.
I have to agree with G-man.Is it really that big a deal who we used to work for and who trained us.I have been here 18+ years and I have seen both ex drivers that are not worth a dime.I think all of us know how to do a good pretrip and what equipment is junk.However when management and shops refuse to fix something or say its still good or will ride a little longer, we all look bad.

AF, Viking and Watkins may no longer exist but the AF legacy lives on through equipment numbering and the fact that the FedEx Freight general office is located at 2200 Forward Drive in Harrison, Arkansas, the same location as the AF GO.

All drivers that had the privilage to work for these companies should take pride in the fact that they worked for a company that made up one-third of what is today the biggest, most profitable freight company in the United States. So please keep in mind that ALL three companies had junk equipment and selfish drivers. FedEx is starting to weed out the junk equipment and the "junk" drivers will eventually weed themselves out.

Be safe out there drivers and remember it says FedEx Freight on those trailers.

FedEx drivers are the best at everything unless you're not one. If you're a Vitran driver then you are the best unless you're a UPS driver then you are the best etc etc...............

And for the record, I miss the good ole days when we had set checks. For those not in the west, about 85% of western drivers did no pre-trip whatsoever. They simply hooked the tractor to the set and drove to the shop and let the mechanics do the pre-trip for them. It was unbelievably unprofessional and completely pathetic. The shops would complain constantly about the "line drivers" being total bozo's. Now it's a B**** being a "road driver". We have to go out, buy a tire thumper and a flashlight and actually check our equipment out. Isn't that the shop's job???

ST

Wow, your shop checked couplers, tires and lights for you?
Ours just did the critical items on a creeper. You know, things like brake adjustments and wheel seals and the like. I'm sure that being the "pro" that you are, that you laydown under the trailers and check each of your hooks thoroughly.

Wow, your shop checked couplers, tires and lights for you?
Ours just did the critical items on a creeper. You know, things like brake adjustments and wheel seals and the like. I'm sure that being the "pro" that you are, that you laydown under the trailers and check each of your hooks thoroughly.

Actually, both wht and fta checked all of the above, and several times a night found that the yard hostlers failed to properly couple sets, and rarely turned on the service air valve on the lead box. Sadly, their domicile drivers left it to the shop to find these flaws. Had a turn driver the other night show up with a brake canister that was leaking...he told me "there's an air leak somewhere underneath the lead box, didn't have time to waste going to the shop". So it still goes on....some people are just amateur's. As for going underneath the set, that's not my Job. I carry three tools: A tire thumper (hammer), a flashlight and a cell phone. If I can't fix something by hitting it with a hammer or shining a light on it, then I use the cell phone to call someone qualified and licensed to properly repair the problem. Doing repairs yourself risks your entire financial future and your home, in the event said repair fails, causing a fatality accident.

ST

Okay, I'm still a little scared here...are you checking out other drivers Junk? Because if so, I'm not getting anywhere near you in the bathroom....

Everyone besides ST is talking about junk trailers and congears. RC is specifically referring to the large numbers of junk P trailers and D series congears that RC and others are embarrassed to pull up and down the highway. ST, you appear to have a preoccupation with other men's genitalia. Is there a message here ST?

You better not touch my Genitalia!!! Best and most reliable generator I ever owned even though its made in Italy...

and remember the bottom of the board drivers at Cmh are all looking for other places of employment because they arent making any money..