FedEx Freight | Your thoughts.

Within the last two weeks I've had a set with no service air to the back pup (76,000 GVW), safety chains not hooked and a completely rusted through frame that I could put half my hand through PLUS a tire that was 100% smooth, not a single tread line on it and the pictures to prove it.

I say regardless of where they initially came from we just help them fill out their apps for somewhere else.

roog

And back on topic..
Don L. won the TDC and he was an AF now fedex. Tell dingbat to be still.
I'm sure he's (viking driver) the best driver on the road. But aren't we all ?

Within the last two weeks I've had a set with no service air to the back pup (76,000 GVW), safety chains not hooked and a completely rusted through frame that I could put half my hand through PLUS a tire that was 100% smooth, not a single tread line on it and the pictures to prove it.

I say regardless of where they initially came from we just help them fill out their apps for somewhere else.

roog

That is what I deal with on a daily basis at Chicago Heights, Il. I whip out my phone and shoot video of each Pre-trip at CGT. Just to cover my hind-end. Then go to the shop at CGT with a problem... if you can break up the BS session between the technicians they will tell you "We Ain't Got the parts to fix it". So, you run with it or go deal with the Snotty Too-Busy Dispatch Supervisors. What to do? How about clean out the RAT'S NEST! 10 lbs. of Crapola in a 5lb.bag. Meet the New Boss... Same as the Old Boss!

ST thinks RC should be ashamed of himself for looking down his beak at the AF drivers. Do you really think they had a choice about hauling equipment that may or may not have been as well maintained as The People's Republik of Kalifornia (PROK) demands? It's important to remember that CSA is largely based upon the inspection programs PROK has had for years, while most states had little or no enforcement on mechanical issues. I currently run a traffic lane where the only CHP unit I see every night is doing 90 mph down the freeway heading off to catch a car that's doing at least that. The scales on my lane are closed both directions. So I feel like I'm out in the sticks like many of our drivers....who only get inspected mechanically in the event they get pulled over for committing a traffic violation right in front of a state trooper.

ST apologizes to the professionals from AF for RC's insulting them.

ST

I think the infighting has more to do with the former companies and the way they were run. Not necessarily the individual drivers/employees.

Back to original post, I disagree with that Viking driver. Watkins and AF drivers saw defective equipment every day!!! Of course they are better!!:LMAO:

I liked the National days when we rolled across the inspection pit and the fuel guys checked lights, tires and air systems. They would do the quarterly trailer inspections and tell you if your tractor was due any maintenance.

I cringed when I read your post. But you know what? You're right. When I see Viking equipment now, a tear comes to my eye like that Indian fella from those anti-littering commercials from the 70's. They are in bad shape now. And we know why. It's the weather in the northeast and the Great Lake states (I'm a westerner- the Midwest to me is Utah). So it's no wonder why those four digit P trailers looked the way they did. And why those 285 series trailers look like they do now.

Saw some old VT trailers that were converted to swing doors. They still looked better than ours and I would rather use those, even with the swing doors.

I cringe every time I have to pull that old crap ex-Viking non decking junk 285**** trailers and all their old rusted out 40 digit junk dollies, there I said it

Would you even know what good equipment was if it jumped up and bit you in the ass?
I don't think anyone has ever had an ex-Viking trailer have the axle come out from under it or had a pintle hook tear out of the cross member from excess rust and metal fatigue. It's happened with P trailers.

Could it be mechanics that aren't doing good inspections. I have seen plenty of equipment that was 200% past pm. My last tractor was 255% I asked if they were going to get it in the response "we will when we can, is there anything wrong that you know of". The mechanics know I take good care of my truck as Im in there having them order parts or whatever plus will get work done while I'm on the dock somewhere. But thats still not a good reason to let equipment go for so long. Ive always been astonished by how bad these trucks are after a few years. If more than 10% of drivers would drive like they pay for it a lot of our problems would disappear. At least I think.

Time to let it go, we all wear the purple uniforms, pay checks have Fedex on them.

What about the independents who dropped off FedEx trailers at the BNSF railyard in L.A. early this morning? 2 of them. Do they also wear a purple uniform???

Would you even know what good equipment was if it jumped up and bit you in the ass?
I don't think anyone has ever had an ex-Viking trailer have the axle come out from under it or had a pintle hook tear out of the cross member from excess rust and metal fatigue. It's happened with P trailers.

Only because you refuse to accept that the east coast salts the roads and that causes excessive rust of the equipment. Salt isn't used on the "left coast". And you continue to "hate" all things eastern while refusing to study the issue...

Are you a horses ass like Mr. Ed???

Who do you think taught Mr Ed to be a horse's ass?
If they did use as much salt out here as they do there, do you think the maintenance protocols in that antiquated company that ST used to work for would have produced the same results?
Don't think so.

4countyshuttledriver, RC is chilling out with an awesome ale called 15th Anniversary Jewbilation Ale.