FedEx Freight | Your thoughts.

Who do you think taught Mr Ed to be a horse's ass?
If they did use as much salt out here as they do there, do you think the maintenance protocols in that antiquated company that ST used to work for would have produced the same results?
Don't think so.

4countyshuttledriver, RC is chilling out with an awesome ale called 15th Anniversary Jewbilation Ale.

RC, years ago, Viking had some great dane trailers VT 1500 through roughly 1900 that had a sticker on the back next to the pintle hook that stated words to the effect: "Unsafe to tow more than 40,000 LBS combined weight."

This was brought up to Dick Bangham in a driver meeting I attended, and he promised to personally look into this, since as the drivers pointed out, when pulling triples, you could easily have 50,000 pounds towed by said pintle hook if it was the lead box.

Care to guess what your much prized and romanticized Viking Freight maintenance program did to resolve this major safety issue???

That's right...they removed the sticker. Nothing dangerous or irresponsible there.

Every company does things because of budgetary concerns that we as drivers don't agree with. It's the reality of the industry since deregulation.

ST, busy hauling rusty trailers RC refuses to....

Gosh, golly, gee whiz, wouldn't want them to have to tighten up the language filter.

Well I didn't want anyone's kitty to get all swollen up and start crying when I tell them that no **** ******* old ass junk **** trailers rust. ******* *******s.

Arguably the silliest thread ever. Junk is junk. It's not salt that makes equipment old, its age. Anyone who has a love affair with an old ass trailer is a fool.

Arguably the silliest thread ever. Junk is junk. It's not salt that makes equipment old, its age. Anyone who has a love affair with an old ass trailer is a fool.

I don't know. Someone loved this trailer enough to protect it from water and rust.

Corbis-42-24725448.jpg