XPO | Your Turn

imported_BoxBoss

TB Veteran
Credits
Alright folks, it's your turn....You are in the Captain's chair, the office at the end of the hall..You are faced with a potential 200 million dollar deficit within the next 12 months, and everyone is looking to you to decide what to do...you have been told you can make 7 moves to counteract this problem, overcome the potential threat....

GO...!!!!

Alright folks, it's your turn....You are in the Captain's chair, the office at the end of the hall..You are faced with a potential 200 million dollar deficit within the next 12 months, and everyone is looking to you to decide what to do...you have been told you can make 7 moves to counteract this problem, overcome the potential threat....

GO...!!!!

Can I think this over for awhile???

Rat

This $20,000,000.00....

Are we pretending this is real money or are we pretending a little harder so that we tell our people that it's NOT creative book keeping and it's not really there.....or really is there but not for long......or something...I just confused myself.

I dunno what I just said.

This $20,000,000.00....

Are we pretending this is real money or are we pretending a little harder so that we tell our people that it's NOT creative book keeping and it's not really there.....or really is there but not for long......or something...I just confused myself.

I dunno what I just said.

Just the scenario I gave you...and it's not 20 mil....you forgot a zero...we're going 200 mil...

If I were the decision maker down the hall and I had a 200 million deficit to decrease.
I would already know what I'm about to say is not going to make anyone any more happier than they already are from the take-aways.
ceobarbiecarticle.jpg

• I would finally kill off the ICP or maybe discontinue it for awhile to try and alleviate the deficit.
  • Use more railways and sub service carriers to eliminate empty miles and excess fuel useage.
  • Tell the CEO's to look in the mirror and say to themselves "Ask not, what more, I can take from the subordinates; ask what I can give back to my company"
  • Raise the Medical contributions.

It sure does suck to be a CEO who doesn't think out the first round of take-aways very well.
It's gonna get hot in here. :flame:

WAIT Dockworker!

OK, now to set the stage and develop characters here; Would I be one of those selfless leaders that in a battle pinch would throw his body on a grenade. - And then be too dead to allow humility to get in the way of receiving the Medal of Honor? I do know people that are like that. A couple of dead ones too.

Or would I be the guy that seems like a great guy and never lets on that all of his hard work has been self serving. The kind of guy that when he gets out of school and decides he is going to make a name for himself and get rich. We all knew lots of these guys.

It makes a difference.

Oh, do I photograph well with that unshaven, dispense with the corporate tie look? You know cause if I want my subordinates eating out of my hand because I really need them to identify with me.

This thing really needs to start with story boards, you know. - much more efficient.

WAIT Dockworker!

OK, now to set the stage and develop characters here; Would I be one of those selfless leaders that in a battle pinch would throw his body on a grenade. - And then be too dead to allow humility to get in the way of receiving the Medal of Honor? I do know people that are like that. A couple of dead ones too.

Or would I be the guy that seems like a great guy and never lets on that all of his hard work has been self serving. The kind of guy that when he gets out of school and decides he is going to make a name for himself and get rich. We all knew lots of these guys.

It makes a difference.

Oh, do I photograph well with that unshaven, dispense with the corporate tie look? You know cause if I want my subordinates eating out of my hand because I really need them to identify with me.

This thing really needs to start with story boards, you know. - much more efficient.

:biglaugh::biglaugh:The hair guy ??? Get over it... your bald...deal with it,,its not so bad..those plugs do not fool us!!!!

I would not give these stock option bonus' these rodeo clowns get. I would take that money and re-invest it within the company. If you want your company to succeed you need to pay attention to the business at hand rather than lining your pockets ala AIG style. Our leaders are just as corrupt as the group that heads up AIG .. they are all pros.

GO...!!!!

First I would reduce all management pay by 35%(west coast by 45%). Then I would make the managers come in Sunday's and break a minimum of 8 trailers:TR10driving03:.

After that I would make the company cars a segway.

Did I come to work on Monday and suddenly I had a $200mil. bill, or does this scenario have the same time frame as the Conway debacle? Two to three years. First I'd fire the person who was responsible to keep the post-it on his or her computer screen so we wouldn't forget that we had a $120mil. payment due in 2010. When that post-it fell off the computer I completely forgot about the payment. Wow, totally slipped my mind. Now I guess I need to come up with 2/3s again what I would have had to if I only remembered that pesky loan. I suppose what I am saying is Conway had time to address how to solve this problem before it became a situation. Anyway, back to the problem at hand. Drastic times demand drastic actions. Get the money wherever you can. Check my parachute. Pay the bills and hope most of the competition goes out of business before another post-it gets misplaced. Press on

1 Paycut for ceo ,align it to what a toped out l/h driver would make.(2)totally suspend 401 k match with company stock instead.(3) Align all off the dsr's payscale Northern-Western-Southern.(4)Overtime over 50 like it is in the south.(5)Down size in mangement since Conway uses leadmen anyway.(6)Slash the amount of trucks that Conway truckload has or even possiably shut it down if there going to continue to us sub service.(7)Cut back on W-I people .(8)Quite buying cardboard for dunnage stick with plyboard .(9)Offer an early retirement package for some that it might be available to.(10) Get rid of dead wait based on production and .(11)Do away with ICP.(11)Do away with paper paystubs have it avaiable where we can get one printed at our sc.(12) Fire lawyers that conway have,since they are not intelligent enough to find a loop hole to get out of the contract.------- off topic here how much money does the company make off the apparel and die-cast trucks they sell at races.

1 Paycut for ceo ,align it to what a toped out l/h driver would make.(2)totally suspend 401 k match with company stock instead.(3) Align all off the dsr's payscale Northern-Western-Southern.(4)Overtime over 50 like it is in the south.(5)Down size in mangement since Conway uses leadmen anyway.(6)Slash the amount of trucks that Conway truckload has or even possiably shut it down if there going to continue to us sub service.(7)Cut back on W-I people .(8)Quite buying cardboard for dunnage stick with plyboard .(9)Offer an early retirement package for some that it might be available to.(10) Get rid of dead wait based on production and .(11)Do away with ICP.(11)Do away with paper paystubs have it avaiable where we can get one printed at our sc.(12) Fire lawyers that conway have,since they are not intelligent enough to find a loop hole to get out of the contract.------- off topic here how much money does the company make off the apparel and die-cast trucks they sell at races.

Once a company establishes that OT is available after 8 / 40 hours in certain states they are not allowed to change it. But I like your suggestions.

In this game, I wonder if it is a violation if we give more then 7 solutions to the given problem???
BossBox said:
...you have been told you can make 7 moves to counteract this problem, overcome the potential threat....

So what happened to all the hundreds of millions of $$$$ in profit we have made in years past? I know it was not all invested in infrastructure. Gone like a fart in the wind I guess. There are many ways to put more money in your pocket and the quickest way I see is to stop being so inefficiant. Paying someone to break a set and bump the dock with trailers to get a box on it.Paying someone to load said box.Paying someone to hook the set back up that was a passing loads to start with. Another example would be how our linehaul department makes a mess out of schedules every night.Stripping a pup that is 75-80% pure headload to go on a long box the last 250 miles. Etc. Etc. you get the picture. It amazes me how production and O/R are kept in control with all the waste of man hours.