FedEx Freight | Your "Work" Reputation: Good, Bad, Don't Know...Don't Care?

Klotzboy

TB Lurker
Credits
We all have a "work" reputation with each other, the company powers, the supervisors, as well as the customers (for the city drivers) Even the motoring public. What do you figure yours is? Do you care? What do you think the supervisors impression of you is? Do you care? How about your peers? Do you care? How about the customers?

Now, for the consistant posters that are griping about this or that (there seems to be plenty). You can spend hours on this forum pontificating about all the things this company may be doing wrong. You can go on and on about the way "it" used to be. You can tear down those that don't see things as you do. You can believe you have all the answers. You can blame everyone/everything else for the way things are for you. You may even be so noble as to think in terms of "we" when refering to some of the issues put forth here...One things for certain: You have a reputation with many different people. What do you think it is? Not saying you don't have a right to have your reputation, whatever it is. But to add some :flame:......How can some of you live with yourselves?? Enjoy digging that grave!
:wtflol:

i know this is not about me but here.i missed the boat on what you are saying . but for me i think the tm at the place i work at MOB is a dick. fedex could do better by the way it treats its people .sure would save a lot of us against then type stuff.but thats the way they want it . must be from the powers to be old union ways . as far as my work habits are. i only know one way and that is to do the job the best that i can .

n. The office or term of office of a pontiff.

intr.v. (-k
amacr.gif
t
lprime.gif
) pon·tif·i·cat·ed, pon·tif·i·cat·ing, pon·tif·i·cates 1. To express opinions or judgments in a dogmatic way.
2. To administer the office of a pontiff.

pontificating - definition of pontificating by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Hey, I didn't know, did you?? LOL

FM

We all have a "work" reputation with each other, the company powers, the supervisors, as well as the customers (for the city drivers) Even the motoring public. What do you figure yours is? Do you care? What do you think the supervisors impression of you is? Do you care? How about your peers? Do you care? How about the customers?

Now, for the consistant posters that are griping about this or that (there seems to be plenty). You can spend hours on this forum pontificating about all the things this company may be doing wrong. You can go on and on about the way "it" used to be. You can tear down those that don't see things as you do. You can believe you have all the answers. You can blame everyone/everything else for the way things are for you. You may even be so noble as to think in terms of "we" when refering to some of the issues put forth here...One things for certain: You have a reputation with many different people. What do you think it is? Not saying you don't have a right to have your reputation, whatever it is. But to add some :flame:......How can some of you live with yourselves?? Enjoy digging that grave!

Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black....

FM

So are those the only two issues you have with the post? Anything else you can find Sir? I strive for perfection don't you know!

You're entitled to your opinion as are others, just pointing out the obvious.

Not much in this world is perfect, I know I'm not, nice to know you're trying.

I'm just the guy complaining about the guy complaining about others....

FM

I'm happy with my "rep". Both with the supervisors and my peers. But that has little to do with anything anymore so why do you bring it up? So what if I'm very good at my job? It means NOTHING in the current climate. I'm just a cost. My experience means nothing, nor has anything I've done in the past. As a matter of fact, I'm a hinderance to the company because I know how this business works from my end, and it's obvious that those in power now don't have a frickin clue.

And your "question" has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with opinions expressed by people here about the company.

Show me where anyone here has written that they have all the answers? I don't think you can.

Show me where someone has blamed everyone and everything for their problems. I think who to "blame" has been more than decisive.

We can spend hours pontificating on the crap because we have so much wealth to draw from. Look for my thread: "Redelivery Fees".

I can't make any sense from your last line. How can I live with myself? Just what grave am I digging? Are you and your friends going to start firing people for what they post here? Because, I will not believe for a New York minute that you are an hourly employee.

My question to those in power, how do you sleep at night? I know their answer will be, "very well thank you" because they are soulless imitations of human beings. If that's you, I'm sorry to bring that out, but it is what it is.

I think the current economic situation is a direct repudiation of the American business model. And oddly, it has handed those that helped wreck the economy the power to devastate their workers and the American way of life, and they are taking FULL advantage of it.

They take our bail out money and pay themselves big bonuses. (Sorry, "awards")

The "company" has made it us vs them. They have to live with it. They (you) have "unengaged" the employee from the mix and you will find yourselves having a tough time rolling out your slick programs without the support of those you will have to depend on to make them work. You can of course beat us with a hammer to get the results you want in the short term, but in the long term, you will be eating your leg off to get it out of the trap of short sightedness you hold as your mantra. "I need it now, I'll take care of the fallout later!" is our new business model.

Good luck with that.

PS
Quit treating us as the problem and you may find untold wealth.

I'm happy with my "rep". Both with the supervisors and my peers. But that has little to do with anything anymore so why do you bring it up? So what if I'm very good at my job? It means NOTHING in the current climate. I'm just a cost. My experience means nothing, nor has anything I've done in the past. As a matter of fact, I'm a hinderance to the company because I know how this business works from my end, and it's obvious that those in power now don't have a frickin clue.

And your "question" has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with opinions expressed by people here about the company.

Show me where anyone here has written that they have all the answers? I don't think you can.

Show me where someone has blamed everyone and everything for their problems. I think who to "blame" has been more than decisive.

We can spend hours pontificating on the crap because we have so much wealth to draw from. Look for my thread: "Redelivery Fees".

I can't make any sense from your last line. How can I live with myself? Just what grave am I digging? Are you and your friends going to start firing people for what they post here? Because, I will not believe for a New York minute that you are an hourly employee.

My question to those in power, how do you sleep at night? I know their answer will be, "very well thank you" because they are soulless imitations of human beings. If that's you, I'm sorry to bring that out, but it is what it is.

I think the current economic situation is a direct repudiation of the American business model. And oddly, it has handed those that helped wreck the economy the power to devastate their workers and the American way of life, and they are taking FULL advantage of it.

They take our bail out money and pay themselves big bonuses. (Sorry, "awards")

The "company" has made it us vs them. They have to live with it. They (you) have "unengaged" the employee from the mix and you will find yourselves having a tough time rolling out your slick programs without the support of those you will have to depend on to make them work. You can of course beat us with a hammer to get the results you want in the short term, but in the long term, you will be eating your leg off to get it out of the trap of short sightedness you hold as your mantra. "I need it now, I'll take care of the fallout later!" is our new business model.

Good luck with that.

PS
Quit treating us as the problem and you may find untold wealth.

Yeah I got a big kick outta that too when the big wig said " its not a bonus its an award". Theres a difference I guess since I'm just a dumb truckdriver.

Yeah I got a big kick outta that too when the big wig said " its not a bonus its an award". There's a difference I guess since I'm just a dumb truckdriver.
IT;s all in the presentation you must believe in fedex what ever they say is the lords prayer and must be right
we take care of our people with the purple promise ya right guys with 4and5 years being lay ed off /terminated while some body with a month in gets to keep their 40 a week job now THAT'S COMMITMENT TO YOUR PEOPLE PAT FRED WAKE UP BEFORE THIS BITES U CAUSE IT WILL