XPO | Youre Fired

cheezcutter

TB Lurker
Credits
:Violin: :Violin: :Violin: xlq driver fired for taking a lunch break on the clock at xhg during pride week ,might not have been a big deal since he has been doing this for over 10 years that i know of but dont claim pay time for it when the SCM is watching you 17 yr guy too :smilie_132:

17 years wow you think they would of cut him some slack but you are wupposed to clock out for lunch. I know of several drivers that do this and I've allways told them that they can fired for it, the company considers it stealing time.

17 years wow you think they would of cut him some slack but you are wupposed to clock out for lunch. I know of several drivers that do this and I've allways told them that they can fired for it, the company considers it stealing time.
you can take a off the clock lunch. It is in the pride manuel. Give me some time i will get it, Its in my car.

:Violin: :Violin: :Violin: xlq driver fired for taking a lunch break on the clock at xhg during pride week ,might not have been a big deal since he has been doing this for over 10 years that i know of but dont claim pay time for it when the SCM is watching you 17 yr guy too :smilie_132:

Who was that? Press on

well when i was in the city their has been lots of time that i was at the barn dropping a load and getting an empty and i took my lunch i never punched out since they take 1/2 hour off any way

what diffrence does it make if this guy took his lunch break at the terminal or at a truck stop on the way home?? we are aloud 2 fifteen minute breaks and a 1/2 hour lunch break. i must not be seeing the big picture here.

what diffrence does it make if this guy took his lunch break at the terminal or at a truck stop on the way home?? we are aloud 2 fifteen minute breaks and a 1/2 hour lunch break. i must not be seeing the big picture here.

i guess the difference is that they dont want us telling them that we were working the dock and then charging them for it when in fact we were sitting in the break room eating and charging them for it.

when you are on the road you are getting paid mileage not hourly, so it does'nt matter if you stop for a 1/2hr. When you are on the dock you are getting hourly pay so if you go and sit in the breakroom for a 1/2 hr without puching out you are getting paid for that 1/2 hr.

when you are on the road you are getting paid mileage not hourly, so it does'nt matter if you stop for a 1/2hr. When you are on the dock you are getting hourly pay so if you go and sit in the breakroom for a 1/2 hr without puching out you are getting paid for that 1/2 hr.

Thats the only reason this driver would have been terminated for eating lunch on hourly time without punching out. It's basically called "Stealing Time" in the Con-way termination dictionary.
I saw it on a regular basis from City drivers and Linehaul drivers who worked the dock as well as some CSR's who claimed a "no lunch".
17 years down the drain, thats too bad and it will happen to anyone caught stealing time.

Who fired him? I've always been of the understanding that a punch isn't required as long as you DO NOT claim that amount of time you were tending to personal business. Example say you punched on the fac dock at 0:01 and punched off at 4:01. Within that space of time you took a 1/2 hr break. If you only claim 3 1/2 hrs, your cool. Anyone else have this understanding? Of course they may have seen him taking the break and when he went to get his pay sheet signed discover he'd claim the entire time...punch to punch. That'd be like getting caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

Thats the only reason this driver would have been terminated for eating lunch on hourly time without punching out. It's basically called "Stealing Time" in the Con-way termination dictionary.
I saw it on a regular basis from City drivers and Linehaul drivers who worked the dock as well as some CSR's who claimed a "no lunch".
17 years down the drain, thats too bad and it will happen to anyone caught stealing time.
That's not exactly true, there have been drivers caught & nothing done to them & there are a few that abuse it & steal time blantantly.

president award winner, quarterly award winner, driving champion, moved his family from chicago to start xlq, runs polar bear plunge for charity, drove a set for special olympics charity, donates personal time at terminal to help new guys learn to work on the dock. always donates his personal time in winter to teach new guys winter driving chains etc. He is the leader of xlq.An all around great guy and got screwed for 13 minutes of theft of time. but its okay for him to donate hours of his personal time for this company and thats the thanks they gave him. Imagine what they will do to us regular guys. Conway could care less about us. They just use and abuse thier employees and at the drop of a hat or the slightest thing you do wrong your gone.

Chances are if he would have taken his sandwich and Little Debbie out to the dock and leaned against an orange post , he'd still be employeed. I've seen guys make a carreer out of "Pole Leaning" while consuming lunch. Press on

That's not exactly true, there have been drivers caught & nothing done to them & there are a few that abuse it & steal time blantantly.

Well, if thats the case and XGO finds out that Supervisors and/or Managers are not holding people accountable when caught, there will be more Topics on management getting axed.

I actually believe you because I have seen the "favorites" get away with it and the "disliked" get nailed.

Documentation

If your really worried about it then start documenting EVERYTHING if you have a cell phone with a camera take pictures.

If your really worried about it then start documenting EVERYTHING if you have a cell phone with a camera take pictures.
That is a big no no on company property. Have your center manager look it up for you in the book or on the computer.

Who fired him? I've always been of the understanding that a punch isn't required as long as you DO NOT claim that amount of time you were tending to personal business. Example say you punched on the fac dock at 0:01 and punched off at 4:01. Within that space of time you took a 1/2 hr break. If you only claim 3 1/2 hrs, your cool. Anyone else have this understanding? Of course they may have seen him taking the break and when he went to get his pay sheet signed discover he'd claim the entire time...punch to punch. That'd be like getting caught with your hand in the cookie jar.
this is a pretty accurate explanation of what happened ,and yes his handle is/was scooby, and the S C M was directly responsible for the firing .he was being observed by him during pride review and it wasnt the lunch break that was a problem it was claiming pay time for it.

president award winner, quarterly award winner, driving champion, moved his family from chicago to start xlq, runs polar bear plunge for charity, drove a set for special olympics charity, donates personal time at terminal to help new guys learn to work on the dock. always donates his personal time in winter to teach new guys winter driving chains etc. He is the leader of xlq.An all around great guy and got screwed for 13 minutes of theft of time. but its okay for him to donate hours of his personal time for this company and thats the thanks they gave him. Imagine what they will do to us regular guys. Conway could care less about us. They just use and abuse thier employees and at the drop of a hat or the slightest thing you do wrong your gone.
keep it in mind that he had been doing this EVERY day for years and years so he was adequately compensated for all his charity work ,had it been me or you or any of a thousand other drivers we should expect the same thing he knew the rules and he chose to ignore them ,this company is for the most part fair in how it treats it's people,i cant say i've ever seen anyone fired without just cause, no one likes to see a coworker lose his job because it seems like they're "coming for me next" but it's really not that way.and im not a company man by any means but this has been my observation over many years.