FedEx Freight | You're fired!!!

Credits
Don't you for a second forget this corporation has the "YOU'RE FIRED" campaign still around. "No they got rid of it" Really? You signed papers agreeing to it going away? It's still an at will company. YOU are still an at will victim. Just because the company is playing nice now in hopes of defeating the union, doesn't mean they are going to stay that way. They were willing to do this to you before, they will do it to you again. Anything to keep that absolute control over you. Who is in your corner now if you job is on the line? Just your shadow. Stop being a potential victim of this corporation and stand up for yourselves. You are only one bad night away from being shown the door. "Oh, you have worked here for 15 years? That's nice, thanks for stopping by. Security will show you out".

Especially when union has told us this is last chance for us! Tired of spending money on us just to have us say never mind.

How many bad policies will be rolled out if fedex doesn't have to worry about union anymore? You gamble with your careers that they have changed. I'm not! 50 dollars a month is cheaper than trying to retain a labor lawyer in a right to work state.

Don't you for a second forget this corporation has the "YOU'RE FIRED" campaign still around. "No they got rid of it" Really? You signed papers agreeing to it going away? It's still an at will company. YOU are still an at will victim. Just because the company is playing nice now in hopes of defeating the union, doesn't mean they are going to stay that way. They were willing to do this to you before, they will do it to you again. Anything to keep that absolute control over you. Who is in your corner now if you job is on the line? Just your shadow. Stop being a potential victim of this corporation and stand up for yourselves. You are only one bad night away from being shown the door. "Oh, you have worked here for 15 years? That's nice, thanks for stopping by. Security will show you out".

I love this song, and the lyrics kinda fit. Man the video is just disturbing! Watch if you can lol
Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) (Alt. Version): Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) (Alt. Version) - YouTube

Do you really sit and worry about this? I figure they were looking for a driver when I signed on, and I was looking for an employer. I can terminate my employment at any time and the company has no recourse. And if the company wants to terminate me that is their decision. Why do I want to be working for a company that don't want me around? I'll just go next door, or across the street. Follow the rules and procedures set forth by the company you work for. Keep a positive attitude and greet coworkers with a kind smile or words. Steer away from the negativity of others. And most of all do not be afraid of moving on if it does come to that. .. This philosophy has worked for me for 20 plus years. I know it seems simple and maybe I am. But I certainly don't lose sleep over what might or could happen.. just my two cents. ...

Especially when union has told us this is last chance for us! Tired of spending money on us just to have us say never mind.

How many bad policies will be rolled out if fedex doesn't have to worry about union anymore? You gamble with your careers that they have changed. I'm not! 50 dollars a month is cheaper than trying to retain a labor lawyer in a right to work state.

Do you ever think that the driver shortage might would have an impact on the amount of bad policy's that are put into place. I mean they already can't seem to hire enough drivers anywhere. So I would think that they may have to rethink any policies in order to retain the ones they have. . I don't know?

Do you ever think that the driver shortage might would have an impact on the amount of bad policy's that are put into place. I mean they already can't seem to hire enough drivers anywhere. So I would think that they may have to rethink any policies in order to retain the ones they have. . I don't know?

Pay attention to your own words... They are true, but carry it to it's logical conclusion. When the power shifts back, and Driver shortage eases, it will be right back to the "same old song and dance". Now it the ultimate time to correct the situation for the LONG term. Again, think hard about what YOU just said... It is crucial.

Do you really sit and worry about this? I figure they were looking for a driver when I signed on, and I was looking for an employer. I can terminate my employment at any time and the company has no recourse. And if the company wants to terminate me that is their decision. Why do I want to be working for a company that don't want me around? I'll just go next door, or across the street. Follow the rules and procedures set forth by the company you work for. Keep a positive attitude and greet coworkers with a kind smile or words. Steer away from the negativity of others. And most of all do not be afraid of moving on if it does come to that. .. This philosophy has worked for me for 20 plus years. I know it seems simple and maybe I am. But I certainly don't lose sleep over what might or could happen.. just my two cents. ...

oh thank you sir my I have another one lol. I hope you like the way they treat us cause I don't want another 1. good day sir. take 1 for the team

oh thank you sir my I have another one lol. I hope you like the way they treat us cause I don't want another 1. good day sir. take 1 for the team

Ok? I have been a teamster in the past. All I was saying is I don't sit and worry about if I'm being fired or not. .You can believe me if my barn goes union I'll join. But in the end I could care less. .Been screwed out of wages by teamster before. A union company came into my area willing to hire drivers at above wages and benefits of the union place I worked for. The new company was told sorry you can't do that. . Gee thanks teamsters.. never did understand that one? You would think if they would have let it go it would have given more negotiating power to the other local union company's. .. but what do I know? ..

Ok? I have been a teamster in the past. All I was saying is I don't sit and worry about if I'm being fired or not. .You can believe me if my barn goes union I'll join. But in the end I could care less. .Been screwed out of wages by teamster before. A union company came into my area willing to hire drivers at above wages and benefits of the union place I worked for. The new company was told sorry you can't do that. . Gee thanks teamsters.. never did understand that one? You would think if they would have let it go it would have given more negotiating power to the other local union company's. .. but what do I know? ..

Kind of like.... heres your 22 cent raise, we are raising your insurance $200 a month....that kind of screwed? In writing you'll see it coming.

just remember what you in the past. there are more rules and regulations now that will stop almost all the crap that happened in the past. notice I didn't say all cause nothing is never perfect in this world but we can make it a lot better here at fedex if we all stick together.

Insurance went up $200 a month, when did that ever happen?

Depends on how far you'd like to go back. Used to be NO employee contribution, now the premium plan is about $300/mo. Just this past Jan., it went up about $80/mo, it think it was. About the same amount as last year's raise. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Wish this discussion was in the benefits thread instead of the "your fired" thread. Go figure.:shrug: If only I could be a moderator for a week.... :smilie93C_peelout:

Why would you let the company bother you when you are resting? There is nothing that important for any company to interupt your rest time. The nursing home is not on fire, the brewery did not run out of beer, those are emergencies!! Anything other than that, leave me alone. Weather at home or in a motel when I was off duty, all phones were unplugged and my cell phone turned off. My family knew my schedule, and knew when I woke.

while I applaud your optimistic outlook brother, why wouldn't you want a buffer between you and the door ? you can still apply your good attitude in a union shop you know.

Can the company call you before your 10 hour rest is up

yes their policy is they can call you 9 1/2 hours after you went through the gate. not 10 hours after you logged off brick. you can and will get screwed out of runs if you don't answer phone call and if you don't call after your 10 you can be charged with a no call no show. been there done that. dirty pool in my book but fedex;s rules not mine not yet anyway.