Yellow | YRC’s top spot isn’t easy to fill

i figure James Welch would be a good choice.he left yellow because he couldnt and wouldnt tolerate Zollars.he has a trucking company in fort worth now.good people he is.

Maury Myers turned Yellow around and he was an outside guy.....He took the ties off of the foreman and had a more laidback attitude.....
Excuse me but if you remember thats how we got Dollar Bill. Zollares was his second in command . Maury went to W/M and Zollars ran Yellow Freight . He did a pretty good job till he went nuts with buying all these companies out .

one guy u might need to look at is the ex president of yellow he is now with a car hauler in michgan James Welch very smart man, he resigned from yellow he listened and took notes from the workers and helped the company profit I personally saw this !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
here is a quote from james welch

BREAKING LOGISTICS NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WORLD.

Get our eNewsletter

AboutSubscribeAdvertiseContactSearch by Keyword
Search by Topic
-- Select a Topic -- Accounting Software Alternative Vehicles Benefits Border Security Compliance/Programs Clean Technology Clean Transportation Technologies Contract Negotiations Contracts Driver Screening Electronic Logging Emissions Trading Energy Efficiency/Conservation Ergonomics/Muscoloskeletal Injuries Fall Protection Family Issues Finance Management Green, Alternative Energy Greenhouse Gases (GHG) Hours of Service (Trucking) Hybrid Vehicle Technologies Incentives Injury, Illness Prevention Intermodal Pricing Joint Health & Safety Committees, Representatives LTL Pricing Lane Management Software Leasing Management M & A Management Maintenance Software National Pricing Noise - Exposure/Exposure Limits On-Board Weighing Technology On-Board Weighing Technology Pardons & Waivers Pay Scales Procurement Recruitment Regional Pricing Return-to-Work, accommodation Revenue Growth Management Right to Refuse Road Tests Routing and Mapping Software Ruggedized Computers Satellite Radio Staff Retention Stress Sustainable Development Strategies, Goals and Policies Sustainable Technologies, Products and Systems TL Pricing Tax Management Termination Transportation Air Emissions Transportation Management Software Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Transportation, Trucking and Logistics Truck and Trailer Theft Prevention Trucking Maintenance Software US Pricing Violence in the Workplace WHMIS, GHS Warehouse Management Systems Warehousing Wireless Workplace Harassment/Discrimination Yard Management Software Yard Monitoring Magazine
Daily NewsPrint EditionDigital EditionArchivesPress ReleasesColumnistsTopic AlertsVideosEventsBuyers' GuideReports
WebinarsInside The NumbersBlogs
Dan GoodwillLou SmyrlisLaurie TurnbullGagan GorayaSubscribe
Free eNewsletter SignupMagazine SubscriptionChange your Mailing AddressInformation
AboutMedia KitReprintsContactHOME > STORY
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Email to friend Print article Post a commentSend this story to a friendYour InformationFirst Name * Last Name * Email *
Enter your first name. Enter your last name. Enter a valid email address.Enter your email address.
Friend's InformationFirst Name * Last Name * Email *
Enter your friend's first name. Enter your friends' last name. Enter a valid email address.Enter your friend's email address.
Email Subject

Add a message that will be sent with this email:

* Mandatory field.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TABLE OF CONTENTS Nov 2003 - 0 comments
Yellow Transportation President and CEO James L. Welch
On the impact of the Roadway deal in Canada, overcoming challenges at the border, and the need for a new shipper-carrier relationship
TEXT SIZE By: Lou Smyrlis

CT&L: How is the Yellow-Roadway deal coming along? What are the most important elements you are currently working on?
Welch: We are waiting to hear from the Department of Justice. We've sent in all of the required information and we are awaiting their approval. We feel extremely confident everything will be right on target. After that there will be shareholder meetings at both Yellow and Roadway on Dec. 9 and we anticipate official closing of the deal on Dec. 11.
CT&L: How will the merger impact Yellow's presence in Canada since Roadway owns Reimer, one of our largest carriers?
Welch: Going into the acquisition our position is that we are going to keep the brands of Roadway and Yellow separate. That doesn't mean we won't be looking for synergies between the companies but our stated goal - and we are working hard to ensure this happens - is not to have any change at the customer level. We will cooperate where we can and we will have healthy competition in other areas. You will still see Yellow with its current operation and you will still see Roadway-Reimer with their current operations. Where we can figure out ways to work together we will, but those areas have not been identified yet as we are waiting for approval from the Department of Justice.
CT&L: Should Yellow and Reimer clients continue to expect different pricing from Reimer and Yellow in Canada?
Welch: Yes, you will see pricing differentials between Yellow and Reimer. But there is not a lot of overlap in our lanes. Reimer in a lot of ways is an intra-carrier. They do more transborder now than they used to but their main presence is in intra-border whereas our presence is in inter-Canada shipments; we really don't pick up freight in Montreal and deliver it in Toronto.
CT&L: Often mergers run into difficulties not because they don't make sense on paper but because of cultural differences between the organizations. Are you hoping to escape that because the two companies will be kept separate?
Welch: The road has been littered with nothing but disasters when companies try to merge. Typically the difference between what we are doing and what has happened in the past is that it was a healthy company acquiring or merging with an unhealthy company. That's been the typical mode of mergers/acquisitions in the past in our industry. This situation is very different. You have two very healthy companies that are very well respected in the marketplace and are doing things to make their companies successful. What we want to try and do is grow both companies. If you look at past acquisitions and/or mergers, the ability to slam two companies together has resulted in very poor service, customers leaving the companies and ultimately disaster. There have been a lot of lessons learned from the past. But, even if we wanted to, there is no way we can merge these two companies together. We physically cannot take $6B worth of revenue and put that into one system. It would require millions of dollars of capital, and just having the physical ability to do it would be very limited. If, for example, in Dallas we have 320 doors and Roadway has something like 280, a 600-door terminal would be so unmanageable you couldn't logistically handle it, and as you were trying to do it your service would be so bad customers would probably leave you. It would also be hard to grow a company that is trying to slam together such facilities. So we really want to leave the networks separate, cooperating just where we can. And, over time, we want to find ways to differentiate the brands. There are certain reasons why companies do business with Yellow and there are reasons why customers choose to do business with Roadway and we want to continue to deliver that to the marketplace and grow each company and utilize the power of coming together to do things such as invest more in technology. It will be a stronger company because of what we can do with the backroom synergies to help the profitability of both companies.

read the last statement in the article he says that the 2 companys should not be merged but be equal, as customer base was seperate, and to take each ones strength and create more power in each company !!!!

the debt and economy is 90% of the prob...the Yellow-Roadway merge is the other 10%

Zollars was defeated..the company is in ruins..no excuses from the top

the
images
men pumped oxygen into the legend

and made the save​

the debt and economy is 90% of the prob...the Yellow-Roadway merge is the other 10%

Zollars was defeated..the company is in ruins..no excuses from the top

the
images
men pumped oxygen into the legend

and made the save​
This won't make any sense to you Joe, everybody had the econmy to deal with, we just had an idiot when it hit. Therfore 90% Zollars 10% merge.

images

ya, you're a little damaged but you're looking good, how's the wife?
I'm glad to see you're living the good life..a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia. I suspect Bill brought this pain on you. What a curse, bro
sarcastic.gif

joe, that picture was taken when I was in my early 30s, thats what working for a pos company does to you if you care! Fortunately I learned not to give a rats ace soon after and now look like a young vibrant man again even without the use of just for men hair color! I know you can't say the same you miserable old fart!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

joe, that picture was taken when I was in my early 30s, thats what working for a pos company does to you if you care! Fortunately I learned not to give a rats ace soon after and now look like a young vibrant man again even without the use of just for men hair color! I know you can't say the same you miserable old fart!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I had a few diabolical demons
17E8CB-demonic.jpg
that I truly hated..a lot of stress and hate over the years that I doubt will never end. My mental health has greatly improved after I retired

images
I managed to dodge a lot of bullets

images

ya, you're a little damaged but you're looking good, how's the wife?
I'm glad to see you're living the good life..a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia. I suspect Bill brought this pain on you. What a curse, bro
sarcastic.gif

Sorry, forgot to answer your question, she's fine, thank you. Shes read a few of your posts and thinks you're harmless. Not that I'd ever leave her alone with you!

Sorry, forgot to answer your question, she's fine, thank you. Shes read a few of your posts and thinks you're harmless. Not that I'd ever leave her alone with you!
no, don't leave her alone with me..it will only cause a lot of heartbreak..for you not her
images

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy353/alfapaver80/lucy-and-schroder-*****.gif

The Powell's ran it like a family business.....we had catered Thanksgiving meals....Christmas cards....James Welch would be good......And I know I'll hear about this but had the economy not gone south......YRC would be the leader of the pack.....

There seems to a lot of bickering back and fourth about this would not of happen if Yellow did not buy Roadway . My thought on the subject is why in the hell did Roadway ever sell to Yellow in the 1st. place ? Roadway was Incorporated in Dove Delaware which means they were not subject to a hostile take over so Roadway top management with the blessings of their board of directors lead to this ::shit:: out come . Roadway should have told Yellow f-- k you . If I were running this company I would split the two companies up Roadway go back to Roadway and Yellow go back to being Yellow . If there was ever a marriage that needs a divorce its this one let them run separately. YRC man, even the name sucks .:ranting2: