Yellow | YRC’s top spot isn’t easy to fill

As bumpy as the road remains, Overland Park-based trucker YRC Worldwide Inc. has made it to the start of 2011, though some industry observers continue to doubt its future. But whether YRC’s trucks are on America’s highways at the end of the year could hinge on who becomes its lead driver...............

............Now, some are wondering why it’s taking YRC’s board of directors so long to find Zollars’ successor. According to industry observers and executive search consultants, the challenges of finding someone to lead a financially troubled company are many. Among the issues are whether to hire from within the company, to hire from within the industry or to bring in an outsider. Compensation also becomes a factor as the best executives consider such a risky career move.......................

YRC’s top spot isn’t easy to fill - KansasCity.com

Who in their right mind would want this job?I guess the real question is can the replacement save this company??

There seems to a lot of bickering back and fourth about this would not of happen if Yellow did not buy Roadway . My thought on the subject is why in the hell did Roadway ever sell to Yellow in the 1st. place ? Roadway was Incorporated in Dove Delaware which means they were not subject to a hostile take over so Roadway top management with the blessings of their board of directors lead to this ::shit:: out come . Roadway should have told Yellow f-- k you . If I were running this company I would split the two companies up Roadway go back to Roadway and Yellow go back to being Yellow . If there was ever a marriage that needs a divorce its this one let them run separately. YRC man, even the name sucks .:ranting2:
when the president's and CEO's of Roadway, New Penn and USF cashed out on their shares after they went up about $15.00 dollars a share after the buyout..not sure of the exact amount..they all became multi-millionaires. It was planned for years so I wouldn't call it a hostile take-over. The merge was a disaster..ya, too bad the economy forced them to merge. The buyouts were supposed to cost jobs but unintended consequences as it turned out caused a job loss they never imagined and they got a pay cut and pension cessation for a bonus. If Zollars planned this outcome it makes him the smartest dummy to ever hit the big time

GIF-Eye-2.gif

no, don't leave her alone with me..it will only cause a lot of heartbreak..for you not her
images

I rather doubt that, shes small but would give you one good backhander and then hit you over the head with that picture of bill you have hanging above that free 10" laptop computer you got for signing up for cable tv.

I rather doubt that, shes small but would give you one good backhander and then hit you over the head with that picture of bill you have hanging above that free 10" laptop computer you got for signing up for cable tv.
all I can say is you better watch her..erectile dysfunction
images
only gets worse

images

her and I when you were at the doctor's
office
index.jpg

all I can say is you better watch her..erectile dysfunction
images
only gets worse

images

her and I when you were at the doctor's
office
index.jpg

Cats out of the bag now joe, you posted a picture of yourself with, which anyone can plainly see, is a man in a wig(or maybe thats you on the left)!:biglaugh:
PS: My wife has way more class then that. And to save you asking, no, I can't figure out how I ended up with her!

Allright I ' m going to ask tubo j what is going to happen next. You seem to have a handle on everything. In your infinate wisdom how is this company going to survive? You have allways had an opinion of this co. What would you do to save it? No more BS, you have the answer to all the problems of the union work force. Tell us O wise one...Or shut the f .. ck up! I've been on this board for some time and you have done nothing but b..tch and cry.You are not even a dues paying member! Take your penison and try this B S on the other board. You and the other crybabby's should die a slow death , because you wish that on everyone that is still working, If I had my wish, which is what you wish for me , is that you loose your pension and eat ALPO for dinner tonight! Are any of you retired people willing to npm me and say what your real names and locations are? I thought not! COWARDS!!!

Allright I ' m going to ask tubo j what is going to happen next. You seem to have a handle on everything. In your infinate wisdom how is this company going to survive? You have allways had an opinion of this co. What would you do to save it? No more BS, you have the answer to all the problems of the union work force. Tell us O wise one...Or shut the f .. ck up! I've been on this board for some time and you have done nothing but b..tch and cry.You are not even a dues paying member! Take your penison and try this B S on the other board. You and the other crybabby's should die a slow death , because you wish that on everyone that is still working, If I had my wish, which is what you wish for me , is that you loose your pension and eat ALPO for dinner tonight! Are any of you retired people willing to npm me and say what your real names and locations are? I thought not! COWARDS!!!

Damn, sounds like something is gettin your goat. I think Turbo has been very specific on what he thinks will happen this sorry arse company. I agree with him. Im not retired and I pay dues. I feel the same way he does. I dont know if being a cry baby is the proper term. I think the proper term is realist......The guys collecting pensions earned it. They deserve everything they get, they also put there time in and have a right to speak there opinion about this jacked up company. They also know that it is important that you get yours so you can enjoy the fruits of your hard work. which yrc will never pay into again which means you wont get anything added to your pension from yrc at all , I could go on and on about what your not gonna get that you were once getting which in turn makes any educated person who is knowledgeable of this catastrophe realize what the consequences are of the poor, asinine and life changing decisions this POS company has made ...plain and simple ..So the best thing you could possibly do is get you head out of the sand, deal with what is actually happening, find another job and get on with your life cause getting upset with someone who speaks the truth is just down right shameful!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow, looks like one of the yummy voters got up on the wrong side of the cage this morning! Not that I owe the likes of you "any" explanation but I will answer in a way that your limited reasoning might understand.
First of all, I've paid monthly blackmail for 30 years so I have just as much right or more so then you to express an opinion. Secondly, I never said I have all the answers but if you read what I said before 90% of this pos company's problems could be solved with customer service. That can take their stupid matrix numbers and shove them up their, well, you know where. Leave people home because a certain number of inbound bills didn't come in and then not have enough drivers to make pick ups. "Oh, we don't have anyone in the area, can we get it tomorrow"? Then miss it again the next day. I've seen this countless times, then the customer would call someother carrier.
How about treating employees with a little more dignity and respect,after all, they gave back billions of dollars. They always dismiss a great idea just because a driver or dock guy is just to stupid in their eyes to have intelligent answers to a problem.
How about saving millions by holding vendors accountable for fixing equipment the first time instead of paying them 3,4, even 5 times for the same breakdown.
I do believe that this was a plan to end unionize trucking and the union went right along with it. We are to much bother for them now. Ever notice how they only seem to organize public sector jobs now? Because they figure the taxpayer is an bottomless pit of cash and can be held hostage better then a private company. And its about damn time too that the local and national onion leadership be held accountable for their actions. The yrc fiasco has shown they have as many or more problems then yrc.
If the company had done a few of these things a few years ago(if they wanted to stay in business that is)maybe they'd have a chance but I think its way beyond salvage now.
As far as your last couple of sentences, it just shows what a jealous angry yes man you are. The other realists and myself didn't cause these problems and I wouldn't wish what you have on anyone. Except maybe your pals pos jimmy and bill, not the death part but having to eat catfood and such.

Hope the rest of your day turns out better then your morning!

Maury Myers turned Yellow around and he was an outside guy.....He took the ties off of the foreman and had a more laidback attitude.....
When Maury came in he came from American West Airlines one of the first things he said was and I quote : I don't know anything about trucking I'll learn from you who know the business . I can't say how he would handle things then if it was the way it is today . He did appoint Zollares second in command and thats how we got Zollars when Maury went to W/M . Some where in that mix Maynard Skarka ran the company for a short time and retired . The one I liked was George Powell the II is what he did with the help of his father save Yellow Transit Line from bankruptcy . But those were different times . Those were the days of regulation . With out regulation its the rule of the jungle anything goes and I am not sure who anyone could say who'd be the best person . I think that the people that are running Holland would be a good guess . The new boss is going to be scrutinized very carefully because I have seen where a new guy will come in from a competitor run the company in the ground put them out of business and then go back to where he originally he came from .

Last edited by a moderator: