FedEx Freight | YRC 2Q Results

I hear ya, River - but believe Conway took the 401K hit PLUS the 5% wage.

oaf

Old AF :clap:

So the Conway drivers and coworkers took that paycut in order to underbid our freight and take work away from us.
So now they have to work 10% longer to make that 5% wage cut back.
:biglaugh::biglaugh:

:shift:

Old AF :clap:

So the Conway drivers and coworkers took that paycut in order to underbid our freight and take work away from us.
So now they have to work 10% longer to make that 5% wage cut back.
:biglaugh::biglaugh:

I am not trying to start anything, my point is the fewer players in the game the more the rules change. I am retired I really don't have a dog in this fight, just my opinion (yeah I kow what there like)

I am not trying to start anything, my point is the fewer players in the game the more the rules change. I am retired I really don't have a dog in this fight, just my opinion (yeah I kow what there like)

average joe :clap:

Pretty soon, there will be more joining you in retirement.
That or we will do like they do in California.
Stand on a exit ramp or stop light with a
carboard saying "will work for food".

:biglaugh:

Look face the fact YRC is'nt going anywhere . Who gives a rats *** what YRC does and we need to turn our attention on how can we make Fedex better . YRC will take care of YRC and won't waste one minute on thinking of Fedex.

Wolfie, for a "seasoned veteran" you know surprisingly little about the YRC situation. The truth of the matter is that they are insolvent. In other words, they owe more than they are worth. Here's a link that pretty much lays it out in terms we all can understand:

Yahoo! Message Boards - YRC Worldwide Inc. (YRCW) - Balance Sheet Fundamentals

Prediction #1: If they do not get the concessions they want from the Teamsters, there will be another Labor Day massacree (like CF did).

Prediction #2: If they do get the concessions, they will be out of business by the end of the year. They are simply burning too much money.

But, you are correct on another point. We do need to pay more attention to what we're doing and less to what YRC or anyone else is doing.

Peace

slackdragon :clap:

How about Wal*Mart.
They even pay you for using their sleeper. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

We have had 4 drivers go over there from our center ... One got divorced, she started banging the guy down the street while he was using the little box behind the back window, one is in to much debt to do anything else right now, one I think really likes it, and one tells me he REALLY screwed up. .... browning, boo, greasemonkey, chaser .....:shift:

We have had 4 drivers go over there from our center ... One got divorced, she started banging the guy down the street while he was using the little box behind the back window, one is in to much debt to do anything else right now, one I think really likes it, and one tells me he REALLY screwed up. .... browning, boo, greasemonkey, chaser .....:shift:

slackdragon :clap:

WoW, 3 out of 4 are either OK with it, or like it.
That is more like a 75% approval rating. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Why are you on me so much recently ???? I was just posting a fact..... Is it because we disagree on the one board thing ????????????/

365Volare :clap:

I think he is just trying to cheer you up.
Or you could move to Flagstaff if they still have open slots.
Nah.......then you would have to try to sell your house and uproot your family.
Things will get better........I hope.

I think he is just trying to cheer you up.
Or you could move to Flagstaff if they still have open slots.
Nah.......then you would have to try to sell your house and uproot your family.
Things will get better........I hope.

Ah River,,,, you may be right..... Sorry,,,, I was tired..... (I got to work last night) ... And I think Flagstaff is one of the most beautiful places on earth !!!!! The wife has family close to there.... And my Mom and Dad had that city in two options before moving to this state when I was 5 ..... I still love "Out West" ........... Thanks !

Ah River,,,, you may be right..... Sorry,,,, I was tired..... (I got to work last night) ... And I think Flagstaff is one of the most beautiful places on earth !!!!! The wife has family close to there.... And my Mom and Dad had that city in two options before moving to this state when I was 5 ..... I still love "Out West" ........... Thanks !

Well, there is a chance that they may not find ALL 17 road drivers that want to move to follow work to Flagstaff.
Then they will have to open it to others from other service centers.
The only part is that you would not bring your road seniority, since you are not following work.
But that lane should grow in the future.
Right now the bottom drivers would probably run down to Phoenix to work the dock at night and come back to Flag.
Send me a PM if you want their phone number in Flag to talk to the SCM.

Yeah, you can bring that hot Dodge a little closer, and we can meet in Vegas for MOPARS on the Strip. I still have my "little" Fairlane, if you can remember that far back. I guess Git-R-Done doen't want to play with us anymore.:biglaugh:

I think everybody should be concerned about YRC. it's monkey see monkey do when it comes to wages and benefits. How long after yrc took a pay cut did it take FedEx and others to lower every bodys wages and cut the 401 contributions? I personaly have a non teamster non stock market dependent pension. but if you think if yrc goes broke it's going to solve your freight level problems your most likely going to be dissapointed.FedEx and others will lower wages even further because the bar will be lowered and they will feel like they are they only game in town
Unfortunately I think the reverse is true, if they stay going and continue lowering the pay and benefits others will follow, so if they do falter the jobs they may be going to will already have lowered wages also.

FM

well here is one thing fedex is doing in stl last night 7-31-09 they paid a cou driver to come to stl barn in his personal vehicle to do a road run out of there and paying him both ways. because the night time cm did not want to lose anymore drivers off the dock . now you tell me how much they take care of us . THEY DONT CARE ABOUT ANY OF US

well here is one thing fedex is doing in stl last night 7-31-09 they paid a cou driver to come to stl barn in his personal vehicle to do a road run out of there and paying him both ways. because the night time cm did not want to lose anymore drivers off the dock . now you tell me how much they take care of us . THEY DONT CARE ABOUT ANY OF US
They have also had STL go to STR and do their runs, kinda sux in a way but it means we don't have enough people to cover the work, that is a good thing, they will only do this temp fix for a while before having to add back on so let's pray it continues.....

FM