FedEx Freight | YRC 2Q Results

I must have missed the wage cuts at FedEx. Except for the managers, I don't remember any hourly wages being cut. Hours, yes. Wages, no...unless i missed something...

Now Conway, if I recall, their hourly and drivers took a 5% paycut...and probably lost hours too...

oaf
Yeah, we took a 5% paycut, but are working plenty of overtime every week. Were getting our stuff back in October..

Flagstaff has been open and posted at our center on the bid transfer sheet for a week .....:smilie_132:

slackdragon :clap:

Amazing.
You would think that they would have people standing in line around the block, hoping to get a chance to move to Flagstaff.
Only big problem is the housing market being so bad that nobody can sell their house, unless they rent it out for a few years till this housing market can stabilize itself.
Just watch.
Pretty soon they will have those same posters, with a $5000 dollar reward IF you promise to move to Flagstaff.
Otherwise they may just have to hire locally, if they can find anybody with a clean record.

:shift:

Yeah, you can bring that hot Dodge a little closer, and we can meet in Vegas for MOPARS on the Strip. I still have my "little" Fairlane, if you can remember that far back. I guess Git-R-Done doen't want to play with us anymore.:biglaugh:

Of course I remember the Fairlane !!! Awsome little car !!!!! And ya,,, I think Git-R-Done got scared when I pulled the exhaust off and bolted on the slicks !!!!!! :shift:

Of course I remember the Fairlane !!! Awsome little car !!!!! And ya,,, I think Git-R-Done got scared when I pulled the exhaust off and bolted on the slicks !!!!!! :shift:

Maybe he will get rid of that tinker toy tri-five and get with the program. Is there a new Challenger in your future, with the 425 Hemi, of course?

There is an All Ford race day at the Woodburn Drag Strip put on by a major Ford parts supplier, and if you buy the parts ahead of time, they bring them with no shipping. The Fairlane will get a new "heart" while we're up there. 2X4 with a tunnel ram. MORE POWER!!!!. Horse power is like sex, you can never get enough! :biglaugh:

There is an All Ford race day at the Woodburn Drag Strip put on by a major Ford parts supplier, and if you buy the parts ahead of time, they bring them with no shipping. The Fairlane will get a new "heart" while we're up there. 2X4 with a tunnel ram. MORE POWER!!!!. Horse power is like sex, you can never get enough! :biglaugh:

NO WAY DUDE !!!!! That is ULTIMATE POWER !!!! I want pics !!!! You got my email add ???

Maybe he will get rid of that tinker toy tri-five and get with the program. Is there a new Challenger in your future, with the 425 Hemi, of course?

No new anything here.... Just hoping to work ..... Day to Day..... like alot of others.... It has come to here to .....

Well, just picking one lane from one origen point to another doesn't tell alot about a carrier.
Because density is the name of the game in LTL.
Old Dominion has a strong presence in the SE, so they probably have better lane density to certain points in the south...and hence cheaper spot quotes.
But choosing an LTL carrier strictly by price is a bad idea because LTL is not a standardized service.
What is OD's claims ratio compared to FedEx Freight?
What is OD's on-time% compared to FedEx Freight?
If you file a claim, will you need to pull teeth to get your money back?
The price quote doesn't tell you that.
We landed some accounts from R&L carriers, who are cheaper than a 2 dollar *****.
But they wouldn't pay claims so the customer came back to us.
Alot of these outfits have cheap prices, but the service is sub-par.
And if there's a claim, you may be rolling the dice.

Do you have any idea what's gonna happen to all drivers pay if YRC and the master freight agreement no longer exist? It's the only thing holding your pay up.

It may not be the only thing, but it's a contributing factor thats for sure, and your kidding yourself if you think different.:shift:

He11, I don't know. Somewhere a guy said our wages were'nt tied to union wages. I thought is was in the post right above my reply. Oh well, disregard post for now.
dang ... I'll take a cup of what your having ..... :biglaugh: ...do we need to fly up and get you down ... :clap:

I remember 10 years ago when I was working for Watkins, I was at this grocery whorehouse one day and these Yellow drivers and a bunch of union guys in the warehouse got in my face. "Why are you working for that chickenshit non-union outfit, driver? The only thing you'll get for your retirement is a shotgun and a wheelbarrow." All kinds of stuff, laughing at me and making fun of me.

Fast foward 10 years and I'm making more $$$ than those guys and I'm getting a pension + 401k and they're getting nothing.

And they're still paying union dues. :biglaugh::biglaugh: