ABF | YRC ABF

Laying around accepting your fate is all we have been doing. The Teamsters need to be more than just dues collectors. I agree destruction of property isn't a good thing but at some point your going to have to stick up for yourselves or get run over.
Agreed, but if you're gonna do something do something that will improve the situation, throwing gas on a fire won't put it out.

Over 6 billion, YRC members voted away in pension concessions. now many have come to ABF after voting this way.. just to get a year to 3 in and bye bye.. its these so called strong Teamsters who failed. it was voted upon. dont bitch about strong union, ethics, morals when backbone is broke only to crawl away from your problem you created...sick...ABF is noe cesspool of YRC weak.

ABF is noe cesspool of YRC weak.
I'm not so sure about that. My impression is that the weak yes voters are still there lucky to have a job and those who left are those who were fed up with it and left. Well...those who are able to leave.

Over 6 billion, YRC members voted away in pension concessions. now many have come to ABF after voting this way.. just to get a year to 3 in and bye bye.. its these so called strong Teamsters who failed. it was voted upon. dont bitch about strong union, ethics, morals when backbone is broke only to crawl away from your problem you created...sick...ABF is noe cesspool of YRC weak.
Lol. Your the ones voting MOU's in every year. Soak in your weak sauce. I'm not on your board calling YRC weak. You guys come to us whining and crying and expect us to agree with your concessions and to cry with you. You guys came here attacking us. We voted a contract and are sticking to it. The weak ones keep opening them back up.

Last edited:
Agreed, but if you're gonna do something do something that will improve the situation, throwing gas on a fire won't put it out.
How do you guys improve it? Coming to another union board starting crap? If I'm on your board I'm not hammering YRC but you guys are attacking us. Good luck trucking boards! This place just lost another!

How do you guys improve it? Coming to another union board starting crap? If I'm on your board I'm not hammering YRC but you guys are attacking us. Good luck trucking boards! This place just lost another!
A good friend of mine that I use to work with, gave me the following advise that I have always remembered. He told me, mud never get mad, because when you get mad, everything goes to ::shit::. My point is, don't stop posting because someone pissed you off.

Last edited:
I was not "hammering" YRC I was "hammering" you for being a chicken ::shit:: that would vandalize equipment instead of changing your situation.

I was not "hammering" YRC I was "hammering" you for being a chicken :::shit::: that would vandalize equipment instead of changing your situation.
Number one I didn't post destroy equipment. Number two you guys can sit here and Pat yourselves on the back for doing nothing! Tell me exactly what you've done to improve your situation? I guarantee it's nothing.

Do you seriously believe the closure of YRCW would be good for the industry?
If you do, please elaborate.
IMO the sudden availability thousands of highly qualified drivers will only have a downward effect on wages and benefits. You do understand the laws of supply and demand?
I agree and also disagree, only 1/3 of YRC drivers are rehireable, YRC knew this would give them yes votes on the 2nd M.O.U. . Old age, DUI, domestic violence CSA violation, bankruptcy, bad credit. etc

I agree and also disagree, only 1/3 of YRC drivers are rehireable, YRC knew this would give them yes votes on the 2nd M.O.U. . Old age, DUI, domestic violence CSA violation, bankruptcy, bad credit. etc
Just out of curiosity, can you provide a link to substantiate what you have posted?

Once again we the membership continue to beat ourselves down. Company and IBT leadership don't have to worry about being held accountable when we still do what truck drivers do best cut each other's throats. Now I do agree concessions was warranted at YRCW. To the extent of what was voted on no, but I have to deal with what my coworkers voted. IMO if we stuck together on minor things it builds confidence in solidarity to tackle :shit:ty contracts. Since all freight contracts are separated now we need each other more now than ever for contractual gains. So I please ask that all of us on TB and at these terminals we run out of stop thinking about just yourself and look at the big picture for Sr and JR men/women so we can stop the trend of what is happening to us.

But you certainly "liked" it, the only like I see.
I have respect for someone who is willing to show some dissatisfaction instead of spending 8 or nine years watching the corporate thieves stealing our future stuffing their pockets. that's why I left. Seen the weak giving our future away. Go cry your life away. I improved my life!

While all of that may be true, it's a scumbag that willfully destroys somebody else property, you don't like the deal , bail. Destroying equipment isn't going to do a thing other than make it bad on another driver that has to put up with it.
I have seen equipment/property destroyed in the past with zero positive results. It is cause for immediate discharge with good reason. If every employee destroyed even a small amount of property the company cold not survive the cost of replacement/repair.

I have respect for someone who is willing to show some dissatisfaction instead of spending 8 or nine years watching the corporate thieves stealing our future stuffing their pockets. that's why I left. Seen the weak giving our future away. Go cry your life away. I improved my life!
I'll say the same thing to you as I did to Von, If somebody willfully damaged your car you would want them arrested. It's chicken ::shit:: and only punk would do it, if you really want to respect that you can this is America and it is your right.

I'll say the same thing to you as I did to Von, If somebody willfully damaged your car you would want them arrested. It's chicken :::shit::: and only punk would do it, if you really want to respect that you can this is America and it is your right.
I wouldn't damage equipment or advocate for it but if a YRC employee did it I could understand after the screwing they're taking while the fat cats at the top are pigging out. I can tell you that if I worked there they wouldn't get more than 4 hours worth of work out of me in an 8 hour day.

Boy...it was kind of a euphemism, guys. Sorry you guys had so much time to argue this out while I was gone. Lol

I probably wouldn't destroy property. But I'd DAMN sure slow down my efforts and milk it for everything I could.

I wouldn't damage equipment or advocate for it but if a YRC employee did it I could understand after the screwing they're taking while the fat cats at the top are pigging out. I can tell you that if I worked there they wouldn't get more than 4 hours worth of work out of me in an 8 hour day.

I know some of my posts seem radical. Like the valve grinding compound in the oil. I never will advocate physical harm to anybody, except in self defense of myself or other family members & friends. Just financial ruin to the ones who have done the same to me. I noticed you said you would give 4 hours of effort instead of 8. I would probably do the same 4 hour effort based on these posts about the company. But, by giving less effort than normal in our job, we have caused financial harm to the company. So, other than the “amount” of financial harm you provide, it is still causing damage to the company. You by stealing time & me by turning a truck engine in to a piece of scrap metal. Regardless of our reasoning, both of our actions are illegal or will get us fired in a heartbeat. To me, there is no difference, in how we do it, just the end results. Von.