YRC Accident Tulsa,OK

Superliner63

TB Lurker
Credits
HSONMOO.jpg

i saw this on another Facebook website been trying to confirm,happened early this morning outside Tulsa,OK,person who posted was there to recover,unload trailers,driver said he fell asleep,walked away with no injuries.
JCsCEIl.jpg

Think this driver may have slept himself out of his job,if he did fall asleep.

However the first rule in any crash,even if you know you caused it,never admit your guilt.
Answer every question with a yes,or no,don't offer anymore,let the crash investigators figure it out.
Then if it comes down to your fault,take whats coming to you,& move on.

There was a day when a rollover meant that the driver lost his John, not so much the case anymore.

I worked an accident a few years ago where a new driver fall asleep & rolled a tractor & doubles. He claimed he was forced off the road by a flatbed driver. A package driver was following & when asked he told the truth which he had to do to protect his job. The sleeping driver would have gotten time off if he had told the truth. Instead he was discharged & rode a bus home. The local finally got his job back for him but lhe ost time & had an undesirable mark on his record. I remember one driver that said he didn't remember what happened when he rolled a set. He had to take a year off because that meant he lost consciousness. Another driver drove into the median & claimed the tractor had a steering failure but there was no sign he applied the brakes. The tractor ECM will record brake applications so the best thing is to tell the truth if you mess up.

Well yeah I can see where there would be an issue with steering,anytime you get off the road surface.
It is very hard to steer in soft dirt,or mud in the medians.
Yes just a bit of sarcasm.
However as a former UPS Freight safety trainer my advice is still only offer the information you are asked for.
Nothing more even if you know more,but whatever you do,never lie,or stretch the truth,as sooner or later you probably will be found out.
Then you'll be worse off.

Electronic trucks can be your best friend if the accident is not your fault. The ECM will store history for 90 days cumulative. That includes vehicle speed, if brakes were applied etc. I have pulled ECM's off wrecked tractors for data download which is admissible in court. An ambulance chasing lawyer has difficulty arguing with recorded data. The leeches always contend that truck drivers always drive over the speed limit.