Yellow | YRC April 2012 COO Has Been Canceled Until Furthur Notice

I have heard that the IBT wasn't happy with the way the MOU grievence procedure has been handled. And wants action on this first.

Actually they cancelled the change because they don't need it. They realized they made 1 trillion dollars in profits in the fourth quarter so have decided to keep things the way they are.

I have heard that the IBT wasn't happy with the way the MOU grievence procedure has been handled. And wants action on this first.

hell its only been over a year,why bother with it now, they sure wont be able to pay any of them by letting it go for this long anyway. i highly doubt that was the reason. the ibt has no concern on settling these grievances,they have shown it by letting it continue for over a year on the mou and over 2 years on the velocity grievances.

And all the YRC Freight drivers will follow their long haul freight to all of the surviving long haul carriers and be dovetailed into their seniority lists.

Yeah, because with the pending lawsuit ABF would welcome with open arms.

I Hear there is a new person in charge of the mult region change committee and also the multi region change grievance committee His name if true is Gordon Sweeton. I heard that Hoffa had enough of seeing freight Teamsters being screwed. And I hear Gordon could not keep going the way it was being done. If this is true I will have to give Hoffa a thumbs up for finally doing something about the run away train wreck in the freight division.I wish Gordon Luck in straightening out our division. And hey Gordon if you ever read these boards. We will be glad to assist you in any way. YOUR HOPING FOR BETTER DAYS AHEAD BROTHER ALWAYS!

Is Tyson Johnson on the Way Out? | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

Published on Teamsters for a Democratic Union (Teamsters for a Democratic Union)

Is Tyson Johnson on the Way Out?

By TDU

Created 2012-02-14 20:43

February 14, 2012: Reports coming from IBT officials indicate that Hoffa’s Freight Director, Tyson Johnson, may be heading for a demotion. Reportedly the latest issue involves Johnson meeting privately with YRC management about their proposed mega-change of operation.

Gordon Sweeton, Assistant Freight Director, will chair the change of operations hearing on YRC’s proposal, with Johnson sidelined. Sweeton apparently will also chair the multi-region grievance panels. A lot of Teamster officers and stewards prefer dealing with Sweeton.

The YRC change hearing was set for March 1, but has been postponed. It is expected to be rescheduled soon.

YRC’s spokeswoman reports that only the hearing date has changed, and that they “continue to work on the proposed changes with the IBT Freight Division.”

The delay came after management made a bone-head move and implemented part of the change prematurely. They claimed that Columbus Local 413 Teamsters were dragging their feet, and began to reroute freight around Columbus to the Copley (Local 24) terminal.

Local 413 members and officers raised the roof, and the Freight Division canceled the March 1 hearing. Local 413 is slated to lose 121 jobs (64 road, 39 dock and yard, 18 mechanics) in the change, as YRC reduces its breakbulk operations.

It’s good to see that rank and file action can slow down management’s latest move, to allow for more careful consideration.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source URL:
Is Tyson Johnson on the Way Out? | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

Too much negative feedback?

Instead of displacing/moving 455? employees "again", why doesn't Mr. Welch focus on improving MORAL first.
If I'm "happy" at work, wouldn't I be more inclined to be more productive?
I might even feel proud to work for YRC Freight!

Our (Ha.Ha) Supervisors focus on petty **** . Seat Belts. Goggles 4 Propane Tank Change. 10 min. breaks. Head Games. Countless contract violations. NO TALKING. Etc. We are treated like children on a daily basis.

DID I MISS ANYTHING?

At 309 all they want is "scans" you should see these idiots when there's 10 minutes left in a interval!
Scan til it hurts!!!! LMFAO:LMAO::LMAO:

The company tried to pull a fast one running freight around Columbus Ohio but because they have a good local they got caught. So the company tried to cover there a** by saying Columbus is having a work slow down(what a joke). Someones head should roll and it sounds like they know who had something to do with it. ITS ABOUT TIME WE STAND UP AND SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We would all love to see a "stealth" video of that. In YRC "Freights" perfect world, all of us will be production marvels :)

More pettiness. Stupervisor told dock employee he had to wear his ID badge on his person, not hang it on the forklift!!!
The average YRC stupervisor rakes in $58,050 a year. Don't you have more important issues to focus on?

At 309 all they want is "scans" you should see these idiots when there's 10 minutes left in a interval!
Scan til it hurts!!!! LMFAO:LMAO::LMAO:

If Hoffa is responsible for replacing TJ , then , knowing what a stinking pile of S#@$ Hoffa is , my guess is that TJ was really POed and playing hardball with the company over this. Since Hoffa , once again as we know is a steaming dungheap , wants to please YRC , he probably replaced TJ with a more amiable yes man to acquiesce to the companies wishes. We will know for sure if when the change comes back out it pretty much looks like the change that was just cancelled.

If Hoffa is responsible for replacing TJ , then , knowing what a stinking pile of S#@$ Hoffa is , my guess is that TJ was really POed and playing hardball with the company over this. Since Hoffa , once again as we know is a steaming dungheap , wants to please YRC , he probably replaced TJ with a more amiable yes man to acquiesce to the companies wishes. We will know for sure if when the change comes back out it pretty much looks like the change that was just cancelled.
for sure brother.

I sir can assure you that Gordon Sweeton is no yes man. If you think I have any credibility then you will believe that yrc TEAMSTERS just got a person that will not sign off on their futures. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

We would all love to see a "stealth" video of that. In YRC "Freights" perfect world, all of us will be production marvels :)

More pettiness. Stupervisor told dock employee he had to wear his ID badge on his person, not hang it on the forklift!!!
The average YRC stupervisor rakes in $58,050 a year. Don't you have more important issues to focus on?

You're probably going to get pi**ed at what I'm going to say, but I'll say it anyway. You're absolutely correct about pettiness here but it also applies to the guy who refuses to wear his ID the way he is told to. Talk about asking for trouble! What a stupid issue to get into a jam over. Wear the damn ID like you're supposed to and don't ask for trouble over such a moronic thing! Fight or challenge issues when they are about something meaningful and not over crap like this. Talk about people shooting themselves in the foot!