Yellow | YRC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh well we are at it again .
15 layed off as of saturday night .district manager was in and told term. manager at charlotte that they were not forcing enough overtime so they need to lay off 15 .
what a bunch of rotten sob"s we work for!!!!

:ranting2:Well I've been layoff for a month now and they keep calling me to work. So what do they do layoff more people this weekend .I guess they expect it to be slow next week.They call for work about 4 hours ago again .:Flame-On:I think if we all just stay home they'll stop this bull ::shit::..

just a comment, it's hard to believe that when this thread was started, it would end up being one of the most responded to and most read threads in TB history....thanks to all those for your interest....

Any news of the road guys getting called back this week at 653? Wonder how the dock is operating without the extra supers? DS.

I just got home and in the mail was a note letting me know that YRC was sending me a certified letter. I haven't been down in a couple of weeks...........they can't lay me off twice can they?? I did get a call today saying 653 would be laying off more guys this weekend........must be slow!! DS.

I just got home and in the mail was a note letting me know that YRC was sending me a certified letter. I haven't been down in a couple of weeks...........they can't lay me off twice can they?? I did get a call today saying 653 would be laying off more guys this weekend........must be slow!! DS.

Could have been a letter stating that they were taking you off the call list..... Fellow members over at 681 have been getting them this week....... Miss 3 calls, off until you notify them you are available for work....... With all the guys or gals
off they have been calling everybody like 3 times a day this week....... Next week probably nothing.

what's the date on the letter? they did lay more off this PAST weekend

Could have been a letter stating that they were taking you off the call list..... Fellow members over at 681 have been getting them this week....... Miss 3 calls, off until you notify them you are available for work....... With all the guys or gals
off they have been calling everybody like 3 times a day this week....... Next week probably nothing.
I thought about that but I haven't missed 3 calls. I was called for work last night. Just thinking it may be my "Employee of the Week" award from YRC!?! :clap:

I spoke to another Steward last night and he said the number on the 653 dock being laid off was 5. I heard 3 guys were bumping to 681 thus laying off 3 from there. Those 3 will be called for work at 653 and get their 40+ and all bennies. If they work there is no savings to the company by laying off. So in the end.....what kind of sense does that make!!

I'm wondering if this mindless business practice will be questioned at the shareholders meeting? DS.

Lmfao

New Headline...

YRC goes bankrupt from postage while Post Office flourishes.

Best laugh that I have had in a while... Maybe YRC should open a NEW division targeting small, letter size packages that need to be signed for!!!! THat way they could charge themselves BIG $$$$ for a bigger write off!!

Best laugh that I have had in a while... Maybe YRC should open a NEW division targeting small, letter size packages that need to be signed for!!!! THat way they could charge themselves BIG $$$$ for a bigger write off!!

Maybe we should cash in on that before $ Bill gets wind of this.......

"I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today"

Looks like YRC poor mouthed to the Postal Service and got their rates reduced, according to the certified layoff notice I got yesterday!! LOL DS.

391142.jpg

hey ds, hear the latest? CNC management is trying to force the laid off to accept set up times over the phone or threatened not to call them anymore......hello...YOU laid them off, if they DO decide to come in, they are doing the company a favor.....if you want to force them onto a setup time, then put them back on.....SIMPLE ENOUGH.....

hey ds, hear the latest? CNC management is trying to force the laid off to accept set up times over the phone or threatened not to call them anymore......hello...YOU laid them off, if they DO decide to come in, they are doing the company a favor.....if you want to force them onto a setup time, then put them back on.....SIMPLE ENOUGH.....

Hey G-Man,
Sounds like the fat J#p did some training down here. These as##oles demand you to do them a favor. I hate this company, manners and morality right out the window.

When you are laid off the company asks if you want to be called for work. They call and offer the work. If you accept a call and come to work, THEN they can set you up for the next shift. They know that's the way it is...........just being azzes, that's all. DS.

The first wave of transplants reported yesterday throughout the day....Short 20 minute orientation with new TM, G.O.M., R.F., Local 71 Prez, and stewards.....very brief. NO CHECKS for anybody, dock and yard a nightmare, missing paperwork unbilled trailers, countless trailers on the screen as showing full of freight, were actually empty, 2 hours O/T for everbody.....lots to work out.... I'm sure the kinks will get worked out eventually, and oh yeah, it took most of us 2 1/2-3 hours to get home this morning in the snowstorm.....AND OF COURSE, everybody's favorite bailed out after 4 hours with some lame a$$ excuse, while WE ALL worked our 10 1/2..some things never change.....g-man
All the same things that we had in den when they made the switch. Amazing they can go through such a mess and not learn a damn thing from it. I guess they figure the customer needs us more than we need them. Kinda arrogant if you ask me. Dont really care anymore though cuz i will never get back to work at den. They really screwed up a lot of guys out here and I think some of the job loss is cuz of the mess you all are now experiencing 1st hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.