Yellow | YRC City Driver casual what to expect first couple of months?

‘Equal’ is not ‘fair’ and ‘fair’ is not ‘equal.’ No matter where one chooses to seek employment, one will experience those people with said undesirable qualities. If you’re happy at the end of the day, all is good. If you’re not, change.

Interview tomorrow for City driver casual reading some threads seem pretty negative not sure what to expect out of this job any thoughts would be appreciated!
. Had interview/drug test/tax paperwork I guess I will see in a week or so I am expecting it to be like every other LTL job I’ve had pick Stuff up and drop stuff off,I was concerned about the hours just don’t want to start a job and be layed off in 3 months but they say I should be working around 30hrs a week minimum.I can get through the probation period on that. I appreciate everyone’s thoughts and advice and any more advice will be appreciated

Most locations, I bet you could put your feet up on the manager's desk and he would still hire you. I'm surprised he's talking such limited hours. Would you be willing to share which location? The YRC drivers I know get all the hours they want with 60 being the cut off.

Freight Crusher it is Otay California looks like a smaller terminal the gentleman who interviewed me was really nice said he didn’t want to promise anything he could not come through with, I greatly appreciate the honesty but I’ll will check it out gentlemen said there was NO other casual drivers said it will be some dock work some days some nights no other casual driver I’d assume I would be next in line for a bid.I don’t know how the process works with YRC about when and how you become a permanent full time employee but I have to start somewhere!

Freight Crusher it is Otay California looks like a smaller terminal the gentleman who interviewed me was really nice said he didn’t want to promise anything he could not come through with, I greatly appreciate the honesty but I’ll will check it out gentlemen said there was NO other casual drivers said it will be some dock work some days some nights no other casual driver I’d assume I would be next in line for a bid.I don’t know how the process works with YRC about when and how you become a permanent full time employee but I have to start somewhere!
Good luck with it. California is part of the western conference which means you can ignore all the pension plan talk. They put money in a 401 there regardless of how much you put in.

I can't imagine YRC employees would be short on hours. The two terminals near me are desperate for people, and have been for a long time now. I put an app in 4 years ago with them, and to this day I still get emails a couple times a month asking if I'm still interested.

They should keep me busy economy is doing well looking around the forums like you said I don’t here anyone saying there short on hours.

Ouch.
I haven't got my shot yet. But I am a good candidate for it.
I need to get it. The shot. But it's only 50-50.
Ive had measles and chickenpox. And uc. Autoimmune disease
So my odds are against me and I hear shingles is something to be avoided.
Sorry.

That's dock language for faucet.
:17142:
(posted without checking. Was in the middle of something.. Sorry.)
That is kinda funny though. :tr10driving03:
I had a visual ...:clappy:
vgtN5At.jpg

Ouch.
I haven't got my shot yet. But I am a good candidate for it.
I need to get it. The shot. But it's only 50-50.
Ive had measles and chickenpox. And uc. Autoimmune disease
So my odds are against me and I hear shingles is something to be avoided.
Sorry.
They have a new shot now, 2 about 2 mos. apart.
I had shingles about 40 yrs ago, don't remember much about them, but it was bad as fajobas, I'm sure.
Take time for that shot, I don't wish this on any poor soul.

They have a new shot now, 2 about 2 mos. apart.
I had shingles about 40 yrs ago, don't remember much about them, but it was bad as fajobas, I'm sure.
Take time for that shot, I don't wish this on any poor soul.
I'm gonna look into it soon.. Dr appt coming up.

Looks like my bathroom when I had roommates in my 20s .I have a question so you start out 22.70 was told in interview three years until full rate.I was in another forum a driver mentioned the starting rate 22.70 -15% then 3 years to full scale should I pay any attention to that?I apologize for all the questions and appreciate the help when I start I don’t want to ask any questions except the questions to get the job done correctly!

Looks like my bathroom when I had roommates in my 20s .I have a question so you start out 22.70 was told in interview three years until full rate.I was in another forum a driver mentioned the starting rate 22.70 -15% then 3 years to full scale should I pay any attention to that?I apologize for all the questions and appreciate the help when I start I don’t want to ask any questions except the questions to get the job done correctly!
Ya. Sorry.
We went from starting work here to shingles.
Off track somewhere. But all threads do.

Someone will be able to answer your question