Yellow | YRC closing feb 1

willyb

TB Lurker
Credits
Should we believe what YRC is telling us? I think not! Just look at ABF. ABF said if they didn't get this flexibility in the contract that they would have to start closing terminals, well guess what, they got what they wanted and now they are proposing to close 30 terminals. What a slap in the face to the employees that voted yes in these terminals that are closing! YRC is no different when it comes to lying to employees! Chipping away at our contract has nothing to do with refinancing a loan! Its time to take a stand and try to hold onto what we have left! This company (YRC) has no credibility! VOTE NO!!!!!

Did YRC say they were closing Feb 1st? Do you have a link? If a company says something like that its customers will start moving to other carriers quickly. If they said it they mean it.

They supposedly said it in the 2 man committee,, once again who ya gonna believe,, YRC or the IBT??

Yeah right!!! Now that is funny !! They both lie so it would like have to be like "pick a straw" ...

Actually the only place I read about them closing Feb.1st was on TDU so you can throw them in the mix..

Wow! A statement like that gives the competitors fuel to take to customers . That was the dumbest thing they could have done.

""Wow! A statement like that gives the competitors fuel to take to customers . That was the dumbest thing they could have done ""

Whether YRC said it or the IBT said it, it is wrong and your right it does give the competitors fuel. So why is this Thread still up? This is also a fueling station for rumors.

just my opion

""Wow! A statement like that gives the competitors fuel to take to customers . That was the dumbest thing they could have done ""

Whether YRC said it or the IBT said it, it is wrong and your right it does give the competitors fuel. So why is this Thread still up? This is also a fueling station for rumors.

just my opion
one of my favorite sayings to these idiots is gee, you people sure can fit a lot of dumb under one roof.

Yeah right!!! Now that is funny !! They both lie so it would like have to be like "pick a straw" ...

Actually the only place I read about them closing Feb.1st was on TDU so you can throw them in the mix..

This is nothing but BULL-:****:..........There is nothing on TDU that suggest YRC is closing Feb. 1st. If there is prove/link it! There is no need to be spreading these lies/rumors. Keep to the facts please!

I "supposedly" was picked the winner of the lottery in Africa, and am still waiting for my check.
You didn't read the part where you have to send money first to get your check released?

This is nothing but BULL-:****:..........There is nothing on TDU that suggest YRC is closing Feb. 1st. If there is prove/link it! There is no need to be spreading these lies/rumors. Keep to the facts please!
Read

"At the meeting of officers, YRC management personnel stressed the timing of ratification is crucial, because by February 1 they need to have their debt restructured. They stated that if the proposal is not approved, they may be out of business by February 1."

YRC Teamsters: Read it Before You Vote | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

Last edited by a moderator:
Read before ya open trap

"At the meeting of officers, YRC management personnel stressed the timing of ratification is crucial, because by February 1 they need to have their debt restructured. They stated that if the proposal is not approved, they may be out of business by February 1."

YRC Teamsters: Read it Before You Vote | Teamsters for a Democratic Union
"May be out of business"...I believe that statements such as these cross the line over to coercion by the company to get their deal done. It was done at ABF and it's being done here. Someone should take them to task on it.

"May be out of business"...I believe that statements such as these cross the line over to coercion by the company to get their deal done. It was done at ABF and it's being done here. Someone should take them to task on it.
Maybe so..........Standard Contract "Pillow Talk" in my Opinion.

Maybe so..........Standard Contract "Pillow Talk" in my Opinion.
I agree with you there, sort of. When our deal was being negotiated they told us how they would have to close terminals and restructure if they didn't get their way. That pitch worked on many low time men. Now guess what? Here come the changes that the rest of us knew would happen either way if we knew it was going to happen. At this point I think it's too late for us to push the issue but it would take a round at the Labor Board to determine if it's pillow talk or coercion.

I agree with you there, sort of. When our deal was being negotiated they told us how they would have to close terminals and restructure if they didn't get their way. That pitch worked on many low time men. Now guess what? Here come the changes that the rest of us knew would happen either way if we knew it was going to happen. At this point I think it's too late for us to push the issue but it would take a round at the Labor Board to determine if it's pillow talk or coercion.
It would be nice if the Intent of Labor laws was inforced, some Lawer would twist the whole thing into, "We never said that to the Employees" so how did we coerce them? Then again what if the Statement is True?

Should we believe what YRC is telling us? I think not! Just look at ABF. ABF said if they didn't get this flexibility in the contract that they would have to start closing terminals, well guess what, they got what they wanted and now they are proposing to close 30 terminals. What a slap in the face to the employees that voted yes in these terminals that are closing! YRC is no different when it comes to lying to employees! Chipping away at our contract has nothing to do with refinancing a loan! Its time to take a stand and try to hold onto what we have left! This company (YRC) has no credibility! VOTE NO!!!!!

Should we believe what YRC is telling us? I think not! Just look at ABF.

There is a world of difference between the Financial condition of YRCF and ABF......Why do you think YRCF is lying? If you look at the situation for what the economic facts are it is easier to see that this is not some cruel joke.....it's reality....Does Hostess ring a bell with any of you?

YRC is no different when it comes to lying to employees!

And what makes you think that any Large Trucking Company is going to never ever tell you a lie? What's different about this particular situation is that they don't have the money.....Why doesn't it make sense to you that they would try to get better financing rates? Many people change credit card companies for the purpose of getting a better rate......Key Point.....It's not YRCF as much as it is the Lenders that are in charge, so to speak..IF YRCF can't meet its financial responsibilities and can not attain financing...what do you think will happen??

Its time to take a stand and try to hold onto what we have left! This company (YRC) has no credibility! VOTE NO!!!!!

By taking the "stand" that your advocating, it will have a very high likelihood of everyone losing everything that's left....If your truly wanting to hold onto what you have....you would be thinking about it on a deeper level than just a bunch of School yard bravado...

As far as YRCFs credibility, I think they are more credible now in their current condition than they were back in the heyday of LTL profitability and the typical rhetoric that surrounded contract negotiations back then...

Why is it that I notice that so many of you "vote no" people are these very low post count types.....I think it's obvious that you guys don't even have a stake at all in YRCF...other than it might benefit your Company if YRCF closes.....That's my opinion because it appears that way.......