Yellow | YRC Code of Conduct Booklet

rag-a-muffin

TB Lurker
Credits
YRC Code of Conduct book appeared at 511 city dispatch this morning. Supervisor scanned through 4-5 pages and said "Sign Here"

A few uninformed sheep ran to him and signed. I chose to decline. Management told me that I HAD to sign.

A 10 minute Q&A followed with me repeatedly asking for a union representative. I stated my case to him that I was NOT signing ANYTHING.

Management stated that I was signing that I knew the book existed. My reply was "I know that the Quran existed and I wasn't signing off on it either"

We weren't told that by signing, we agreed to follow the words of the booklet, we agreed that we had read the booklet, or agreed to anything else. We were just told to sign.

I was allowed to decline signing, but I was told that a xerox copy would be available for me before the end of my work day.

Interesting that even a union steward had no knowledge of this book.

Thank you Truckingboards friends and others for the heads-up that this was coming my way.

(On a side note... As my supervisor walked away, he mumbled "I'm not taking this ****", to which I replied "Oh yes you are" SMH

Last edited by a moderator:
Call your Local Business Agent and tell him to put a stop to this immediately. If he refuses, call the IBT Freight Division and report it to Tyson Johnson for "immediate" action! Good luck.

YRC Code of Conduct book appeared at 511 city dispatch this morning. Supervisor scanned through 4-5 pages and said "Sign Here"

A few uninformed sheep ran to him and signed. I chose to decline. Management told me that I HAD to sign.

A 10 minute Q&A followed with me repeatedly asking for a union representative. I stated my case to him that I was NOT signing ANYTHING.

Management stated that I was signing that I knew the book existed. My reply was "I know that the Quran existed and I wasn't signing off on it either"

We weren't told that by signing, we agreed to follow the words of the booklet, we agreed that we had read the booklet, or agreed to anything else. We were just told to sign.

I was allowed to decline signing, but I was told that a xerox copy would be available for me before the end of my work day.

Interesting that even a union steward had no knowledge of this book.

Thank you Truckingboards friends and others for the heads-up that this was coming my way.

(On a side note... As my supervisor walked away, he mumbled "I'm not taking this ****", to which I replied "Oh yes you are" SMH

Many..Many.Many. Many LIKES for ya driver.. Nice goin'..:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Just a follow up. I called Local 745 (Tyson's home local) THREE DIFFERENT times trying to get someone to call me back and discuss this with me. As of 7:40pm Central Time, my phone has YET to ring.

I didn't sigh the damn thing either. I refuse to become an "At will" employee. I have a Union Contract.

Do you guys even know your contract provisions? Our Union is our only bargaining agent. Nothing you sign eliminates or changes the conditions of the contract. Get a grip already.

If the company and the union each honored the contract,
then there would be no need for this "Code of Conduct"
BS. Instead, with the union holding on indefinitly grievances
For a year, and the company breaking the contract at will
with no recourse, I think we NEED to be suspicious of any
Paper handed to us with a quick highlight of some points.
It is the stuff in the middle that doesn't get discussed that can be
a game changer.

Read or for yourself. If they don't let you, then they might as well be
a used car salesman! TRUST ME!

NOT!!

If the company and the union each honored the contract,
then there would be no need for this "Code of Conduct"
BS. Instead, with the union holding on indefinitly grievances
For a year, and the company breaking the contract at will
with no recourse, I think we NEED to be suspicious of any
Paper handed to us with a quick highlight of some points.
It is the stuff in the middle that doesn't get discussed that can be
a game changer.

Read or for yourself. If they don't let you, then they might as well be
a used car salesman! TRUST ME!

NOT!!

The publication of a code of conduct is required by the New York Stock Exchange for all companies listed on the exchange. It comes from SEC regulations that were first published in 2002 for executive level employees only. The NYSE required code of conduct for all employees. It's strictly a regulatory thing all public companies have to do if they are traded on the NYSE. Some of you need to educate yourselves a little bit. If you're here on TB you obviously have Internet access. Try using Google once in a while and investigate for yourselves.

At New Penn Baltimore we were made aware of the Code Of Conduct, and was told we could get a copy for our viewing pleasure. But was never asked or required to sign anything.

The publication of a code of conduct is required by the New York Stock Exchange for all companies listed on the exchange. It comes from SEC regulations that were first published in 2002 for executive level employees only. The NYSE required code of conduct for all employees. It's strictly a regulatory thing all public companies have to do if they are traded on the NYSE. Some of you need to educate yourselves a little bit. If you're here on TB you obviously have Internet access. Try using Google once in a while and investigate for yourselves.

What I got out of his story was, that the Super wanted him to sign it NOW.. Make a zerox copy, I'll take it home and read it, then I'll sign it, if I agree.. If I don't, then we'll have a talk with my BA.. Then if you can't wait, then the ball is their court..

Do you guys even know your contract provisions? Our Union is our only bargaining agent. Nothing you sign eliminates or changes the conditions of the contract. Get a grip already.

True. But why give this Company any ammo to come after us?
And what dose it say about a Company who would put something out like this in the first place?

Not showing too many smarts with this issue. You would think the Labor people would have told them this crap ain't gonna fly?

True. But why give this Company any ammo to come after us?
And what dose it say about a Company who would put something out like this in the first place?

Not showing too many smarts with this issue. You would think the Labor people would have told them this crap ain't gonna fly?

Please read post #10. Thanks.

Ok, Great. But that still dose not explain why at mutiple locations Management tried to force feed this on members with threats and so on. And just because the NYSE requires it dose not mean anyone in the Teamsters have to sign it.

When they came out with this booklet, and sheet for everyone to sign at my barn, the only ones who had an issue with it were the ones who do NOT conduct themselves as professionals !!!!

Ok, Great. But that still dose not explain why at mutiple locations Management tried to force feed this on members with threats and so on. And just because the NYSE requires it dose not mean anyone in the Teamsters have to sign it.

Some people (management and labor both) have no people skills. Signing just means you have seen or received a copy of the code of conduct. That enables the company to verify to the NYSE that it has a code of conduct in place and it has made its contents available to all employees. This is a tempest in a teapot. It doesn't change our contract in any way.

Some people (management and labor both) have no people skills. Signing just means you have seen or received a copy of the code of conduct. That enables the company to verify to the NYSE that it has a code of conduct in place and it has made its contents available to all employees. This is a tempest in a teapot. It doesn't change our contract in any way.

You may be right. In the larger scheme of things, it goes to show the (mis)trust the employees
have for management. The company seems to thrive on a "management through fear" model
while simultaneously begging us for one more chance through give backs and slow grievance
hearings.
They reap what they sow!

It's not those with no people skills I have the problem with it is the mind set of upper management to even attempt something like this. It dose not bode well with the trust issue between the two sides.

It's not those with no people skills I have the problem with it is the mind set of upper management to even attempt something like this. It dose not bode well with the trust issue between the two sides.

In between snow shoveling [9 in.] and watching the Bears and Lions game, I just gotta ask. What is this all about. Only hourly's in Hsbg. were asked to sign this. Just give me the Reader's Digest version of what is so egregious in this Document. I never heard of it before this thread.
:shift: