ODFL | YRC, Conway, Saia...

Think of it this way. Other LTL employees wishing for you to get a pay cut would not only be mean spirited, but would put OD in a more competitive position relative to other freight companies. This would result in less jobs at other companies.

well if we turn a profit this quarter,i dont think they will mess with our pay.if we do loose money u bet were going to take a pay cut.also i would not expect a cost living raise in september.

you guy's have the best O.R. in the business. I hope no one else has to take a cut, but business decision have to be made. O.D. is doing something right. Good luck men (and women).

you guy's have the best O.R. in the business. I hope no one else has to take a cut, but business decision have to be made. O.D. is doing something right. Good luck men (and women).

OD still has a good O.R. , but it is slowly inching up . Good, in comparison to other LTL's , but not good by OD standards. Even if OD had the best operating ratio in the industry (which they don't) it doesn't matter. They don't benchmark. They set a goal and if that goal isn't reached then cuts will be made, eg. the layoffs. They expect current employees to step it up a notch or two to make up for the lay-offs. If the O.R. goes up after the lay-offs then I believe, unfortunately, the next step will be reduction in benefits and pay cuts. I would hate to take a pay cut, but that's why OD is where it is. If they benchmarked operating at 100 % would be great

It's getting kind of scary when it seems like just about everyone is taking a cut and some of these outfits are doing it just b/c they think you wont go anywhere else. Out here they've cut all city hours pretty deep over the past few months regardless of where you stand in line. I dont mind that since it keeps more guys working, but I'd hate having to go down a few bucks in pay when we're lucky to get close to 40 in a week.

yall dont have to worry about any pay cuts comming,
theres already been bunches that got pay cuts so you can still work.
permintly......

I didn't think we were going to get a pay raise last year,and we did,though it was pretty modest compared to previous ones.OD is still matching our 401(k)'s,one thing I've learned about this company is they don't always follow their competetors examples.I'm not predicting they aren't going to cut pay(or give raises either)But right now in our industry a pay cut probaly isn't the worst thing that can happen to you.(see above post)

Fair point Dean. I know it wouldn't be a choice for us if it did happen. But I would agree to it with hopes that it would mean I get to keep my job.

I might have to start bagging groceries at night to pay the bills though. Can I put you all down as references?

Fair point Dean. I know it wouldn't be a choice for us if it did happen. But I would agree to it with hopes that it would mean I get to keep my job.

I might have to start bagging groceries at night to pay the bills though. Can I put you all down as references?

I would feel privelaged to get a part-time job bagging groceries but hell, probably couldn't get that. I would work a pt job for $8/hr if I could find one. But hey look on the bright side, Freddie Mac and Fannie May will pay out $125 mill. in bonuses this year to the people who need it most. Glad to see our tax dollars going to good use. Thanks Obama, that extra $12 on my paycheck this week will help so much. Maybe I can use it as a down payment for a case of beer

As much as it would suck, maybe move out west gocubbies for a year or two. There's still local jobs at outfits in the big cities to be had around here. Then you could go back home when things pick back up.

Not sure if you were one of the few let go from the co. gocubbies, but if you ever need work there's some local jobs to still be had out in some of the big cities on the West Coast here. Do it for a year or two and then move back home when things are rolling again. It still would beat irregular route OTR.

You would have my highest recommendation,I'll have you know I am held in quite high regard in most all of the least reputable bars,pool parlors,and skivvy houses in the greater Wichita area,One word from me could do wonders for your future!!!

You visit just about everything except the nudie bar!!
They don't seem to hold me in as high regard as those other places,the girls at the nudie bars dont seem to like it when you try and stuff dimes, nickles,or quarters in their garters.

conway

everything I see is that Conway will haul something for nothing. Cutting prices right and left. R&L right behind them