Yellow | YRC COO 2017 Posted....Here are Your 2 Downloads!

Not really addressing 3 issues here in my view.1) No drivers to move freight . 2) We do not have enough tractors to move said existing or new potential freight.3) You need to bring everyone to top rate not a 2 tier P&D system like now!. Lastly the company is really making no effort to boost wages to even to attract new blood. Yes I know there is a shortage but people see our current P&D fleet and wage and that is a big detractor!!
That's why it's being set up for PTS

Because we're the worst trucking company ever right now. Yellow and Roadway still hate each other plus labor and management issues.....no sane man will ever come here.

I disagree. There are interested parties who have been hired who were motivated by the prospect of very good healthcare, to protect their families.

As I have stated before, cost for healthcare for my family and me exceeds 20k annually. Those that look at the big picture take all aspects into consideration.

On another tangent, since the majority of change is focused from the Midwest to the East Coast...............
All I have heard since 7-25 in my barn, is the changes don't affect the West coast!
Little do the Teamster I work with, realize, when a COOP which affects 33% of all YRC Freight terminals is implemented, down the road that COOP affects ALL of us, country wide! Mental Midgets!

Possibility after 9 years of lay off my terminal might need drivers again. The healthcare is a big concern. But on the other hand I've watched 20+ men be laid off or have to pick up and move. I can't say I have saw anything good for myself or family here. I most likely if called back will respond no thanks, yrc has been a cancer in my life. Honestly freight moves 4 directions, they haven't figured this out ? Put some drivers And TM's in these COO decisions, they know first hand what works moving freight. Take care of your people and they will take care of you, a constant worry about the stability of your job does not help.

labor at the losing terminals not producing? reason for relocation? management not responsive to labors demands?

oh and the drivers issues.......the industry needs to pay more! (freight charges are up and mgmt bonuses are up right!)

Why Dallas dock hands that wish to exercise their seniority and go to Springfield Mo can't go?YRC website hiring site says YRC is hiring dock hands at the Springfield Mo. location.

Possibility after 9 years of lay off my terminal might need drivers again. The healthcare is a big concern. But on the other hand I've watched 20+ men be laid off or have to pick up and move. I can't say I have saw anything good for myself or family here. I most likely if called back will respond no thanks, yrc has been a cancer in my life. Honestly freight moves 4 directions, they haven't figured this out ? Put some drivers And TM's in these COO decisions, they know first hand what works moving freight. Take care of your people and they will take care of you, a constant worry about the stability of your job does not help.
Labor will be competing with PTS.Union paying dues members will be sitting while the PTS runs right over us.What a travesty that the ONION doesn't protect its members

I find it strange that we can't hire drivers but can get PTS who seem to have plenty of drivers working for less...........................................

Indy is a hog board. One of my coworkers quit , went to YRC and got 386 miles in 10 days. Quit YRC , came back.

Last edited: