Yellow | YRC COO In the near future?

Your wrong and I got the Fedx stock they gave us when they did it. The spin off was later.
Roadway was spun off, RPs changed thier name to Caliber Systems. They owned RPS, Viking, Coles, Spartan , Central Freightlines of Texas and Roberts Express. Caliber changed the names of all 4 LTL's to Viking. March of 1997, all of Viking east of the Rockies was shut down leaving only the original Viking left. Some time late they became part of Fed Ex. RPS became FedEx Ground, Roberts became FedEx Custom a critical and Viking became FedEx Freight West. They the bought American Freightways to change them Ron fedex freight East.

Roadway was spun off, RPs changed thier name to Caliber Systems. They owned RPS, Viking, Coles, Spartan , Central Freightlines of Texas and Roberts Express. Caliber changed the names of all 4 LTL's to Viking. March of 1997, all of Viking east of the Rockies was shut down leaving only the original Viking left. Some time late they became part of Fed Ex. RPS became FedEx Ground, Roberts became FedEx Custom a critical and Viking became FedEx Freight West. They the bought American Freightways to change them Ron fedex freight East.
Roadway Services were the owners of Roadway Express, RPS, Viking, Coles Express, Sparton Express, Central Freight, and Roberts Express. After Roadway Express was spun off, Roadway Services became Caliper. The rest is history.

Last edited:
latest road rumor, Harrisburg cut up and scattered due to low numbers
We still are waiting to hear the real info here in Nashville the rumor is we will lose 10 that will go to Columbus Ohio (opening back as a break bulk). Bidding in June effective September 1. No idea if any of it is correct. They did mention Atlanta and St. Louis as losing terminals also. Didn't hear about Harrisburg. Did they say where the freight is going?

We still are waiting to hear the real info here in Nashville the rumor is we will lose 10 that will go to Columbus Ohio (opening back as a break bulk). Bidding in June effective September 1. No idea if any of it is correct. They did mention Atlanta and St. Louis as losing terminals also. Didn't hear about Harrisburg. Did they say where the freight is going?
And....who was "they?"......

I'm hearing it was pulled period.something to do with operation ratios and the 1st quarter loss
They were working on this change since July of 2016. I was told Dallas would have all transfer freight taken away and it would go to a new mini DC in San Antonio, OKC, Springfield, Phoenix and any other location that operates well and can consolidate to an EOL.

They were working on this change since July of 2016. I was told Dallas would have all transfer freight taken away and it would go to a new mini DC in San Antonio, OKC, Springfield, Phoenix and any other location that operates well and can consolidate to an EOL.
The company is already running a mini-breakbulk set up. The Dallas freight was cut back and Garland,Fort Worth, Oklahoma City, and Houston have been handling east-west. Keep in mind a lot of this was happening while Dallas had large hard layoffs! This will be the straw that breaks YRC's back if true! The whole idea results in late freight and excessive handling! The way it is right now in Dallas, Garland and Fort Worth cherry pick the freight to make their numbers and forward the ::shit:: freight to Dallas! Service days are flushed down the toilet doing things this way and the leftovers are labor intensive! YRC exaggerates their driver shortage by moving freight sideways instead of forward!!!!!!

The company is already running a mini-breakbulk set up. The Dallas freight was cut back and Garland,Fort Worth, Oklahoma City, and Houston have been handling east-west. Keep in mind a lot of this was happening while Dallas had large hard layoffs! This will be the straw that breaks YRC's back if true! The whole idea results in late freight and excessive handling! The way it is right now in Dallas, Garland and Fort Worth cherry pick the freight to make their numbers and forward the :::shit::: freight to Dallas! Service days are flushed down the toilet doing things this way and the leftovers are labor intensive! YRC exaggerates their driver shortage by moving freight sideways instead of forward!!!!!!
Ha.
I like the cherry pick part.
That I can honestly say we don't.
We load the ugly direct too.
Done it hundreds and hundreds of times myself.
C'mon Bart. U know better.
We direct load alot of ::shit:: freight. Looks like ::shit:: too when loaded and I feel sorry for those who have to unload it.
No. I didn't load it that way. I get paid by the hour not by the peice. :17142:

Last edited: