Yellow | YRC COO UPDATE 7.7.17

Endtail? That's what some yellow drivers told us senior guys at roadway before the merger. I'll told them nicely if that makes you feel better keep believing. Seniority is about all we have left. If you need to worry about something there's always our retirement.

You must know by now that drivers' biggest joy in life is making up BS stories and spreading rumors. :hysterical:

Nobody cares about the brand and nobody uses YRC for Yellow or Roadway. Our service and quality suck but we price it to win it like CF did until it closed.

It seems to me that the brands are important to the CEO's.They certainly were to Zollars and are now to Welch.The Holland brand used to be fairly prestigious to the employees and the shippers ,but now it seems to be more about pricing than service to most of the shippers.

theres big changes at npme these days. all of a sudden there replateing all all tractors with Indiana plates. we got freight falling off the dock but no equipment to haul it or enough drivers to move it. word is boston is 30+ loads behind, they just back them against the fence. think we are now worse than central transport. we must be hauling this freight for damn near free . lots of Walmart crap. finger print time clocks just installed, yet new handhelds that were promised to be in place in april are still not up and running. couple here couple there. so now you saying endtail me into yrc that has destroyed my company and turned it to :::shit:::. be behind drivers like we have that cant back into docks, cant find 3 out of 10 stops on any given day. and still be the lowest paid ltl drivers out there. never though I would have to start over at 60, but I will and would before I ever worked for yrc freight especially with an endtail.
No one knows what this COO is going to be, they don't even know yet. On the P&D run I work for New Penn there are still people that use New Penn for certain reasons. I think the people that make these decisions know that to merge these brands would mean that freight goes to other carriers. But then again customer service is not exactly a priority to our executives.

Heres my interpretation of this COO we get a heads up that it's coming on June 7th and get told we will know what it is in July.
In July we get informed that they are still working on this COO.

What this means is simple, this is the execs way of saying the labor was right all along, we have FINALLY come to see that the way we are doing things suck and we need to change them but we can't figure out how to. :biglaugh:

9rUCW1P.jpg
thanks kk for the information....im calling that number twice a week.. tell they post the change!

Why is that?
Ok what is Holland & New Penn called ? and look at the History of YRC and changes have always come down to the Region ones to in one form or another . So I know you hate me and that's fine but remember "Never say Never" !!! just like 20 yrs ago everybody said that Union Pension was good to go forever and look at it now ??

Ok what is Holland & New Penn called ? and look at the History of YRC and changes have always come down to the Region ones to in one form or another . So I know you hate me and that's fine but remember "Never say Never" !!! just like 20 yrs ago everybody said that Union Pension was good to go forever and look at it now ??
They are talking about the regions within yrc. Not the regionals (Holland, New Penn, and Reddaway). Otherwise the letter would be addressed to the Locals that represent them as well. You read into things too much. And I dont hate you. I do think you make up most of what you post and you dont have clue about what you are talking about the rest of the time.

You must know by now that drivers' biggest joy in life is making up BS stories and spreading rumors. :hysterical:
That is their lives. Don't ruin it.
Endtail. Endtail. Endtail.
:17142:
Omgoodness. This is too much rumor.
Everyone hold their breath and stop speculating until it comes out.
We should know not to believe anything by now until it actually happens.
Endtail. Endtail. Endtail. Hehehe.

They are talking about the regions within yrc. Not the regionals (Holland, New Penn, and Reddaway). Otherwise the letter would be addressed to the Locals that represent them as well. You read into things too much. And I dont hate you. I do think you make up most of what you post and you dont have clue about what you are talking about the rest of the time.
Ok ,your right and time will tell ? but we do agree on the idea of shutting down the money losing yrc side !!

That is their lives. Don't ruin it.
Endtail. Endtail. Endtail.
:17142:
Omgoodness. This is too much rumor.
Everyone hold their breath and stop speculating until it comes out.
We should know not to believe anything by now until it actually happens.
Endtail. Endtail. Endtail. Hehehe.
Take away the endtail word from that rumor and it actually makes sense in so many ways! But this company never does anything that makes sense so we should have nothing to worry about! Think about the cities where both have terminals and Holland can not find dock guys or drivers to move the loads and YRC down the street or sometimes in the same building has guys sitting on their butts for extended periods at a motel. A solution to the problem that is already hired and payed for with a truck assigned to them. Holland has a shortage of middle management people and YRC has all kinds of them that are not being utilized in many of these cities. I could go on and on including reducing overhead by reducing the number of terminals. I know there are many cities this would not work in but there are quite a large number that it would.

How many COO have the companies had over the years? Seems like each one is absolutely necessary and then undone a couple years later. It's lipstick on a pig.....and I would bet a paycheck Teamsters leadership already reviewed the change and told YRC to F-Off and fix it.

How many COO have the companies had over the years? Seems like each one is absolutely necessary and then undone a couple years later. It's lipstick on a pig.....and I would bet a paycheck Teamsters leadership already reviewed the change and told YRC to F-Off and fix it.
Sure.....Teamster leadership tells YRC to F-Off......that's a good one! When was the last time Teamsters told anyone to F-Off? 20 or thirty years ago? Now Teamster leadership rolls over and asks to take it in the ass one more time but please let the members keep paying their dues!

Word is they are finally going to close the unprofitable yrc. You can apply for a job at one of the regionals online.
Ok ,your right and time will tell ? but we do agree on the idea of shutting down the money losing yrc side !!
So which non-union carrier you boys want to use to complete deliveries to the vast areas of the United States you little boys don't service?

So which non-union carrier you boys want to use to complete deliveries to the vast areas of the United States you little boys don't service?
I guess we will just use whomever you are now. Or dont service that area altogether as its probably not profitable anyway