Estes | YRC Crash? Who really wants this?

okay i will try to save this one but shes going fast down the road to Big R's house. I'll try to keep up on this one but it will be a rough. we will see. maybe not

I don't see where looking out for you and your family is selfish. If you don't, who will? Those guys that work for YRCW chose to work there and they are now dealing the consequences of that choice. I'm glad to see you have the guts to say what many others on TB won't say. I also hope YRC goes the way of the dinosaurs, but not because I want to see Teamsters lose their jobs.

I said in another thread that there is an imbalance in the freight market, too much capacity to haul vs. not enough freight, it's a matter of supply and demand. Our country is great because of our system of government creates capitalism. The freight market will balance itself out, provided the govt doesn't interfere. The economy isn't coming back anytime soon and the only way the viable LTL's will survive, is to take freight from the weaker companies.

I want to see YRCW to fail because it's the way of things in a capitalistic economy. During tough times, the well ran companies survive and the poorly ran ones don't, as it should be. If YRCW fails, it won't be the first trucking company to do so and it won't be the last. Nothing personal to any YRC guys, it's just business.

It's just business is a nice way to say if you fail I prosper...Shame on you and anyone else that thinks this way. There are 30,000 workers and their families that will suffer if YRC fails and I can't find a way to put a positive spin on that. Shame on you...ls57racer the Poster.

Racer, shaming me isn't going to save 30,000 jobs. The only thing I can imagine, outside of govt interference, that might save YRCW is for the economy to experience a boom in manufacturing. I don't think that's going to happen any time soon, do you? Please understand, I'm not trying to put a positive spin on people losing their jobs as I know first hand just how scary that can be. I'm just calling it like I see it and being honest about my position. Pretending, as others in these forums do, to feel sorry for 30,000 YRC drivers who may be jobless soon, when over 6 million people nationwide have lost their jobs since last year, to me would be an exercise in hypocrisy.

I don't see where looking out for you and your family is selfish. If you don't, who will? Those guys that work for YRCW chose to work there and they are now dealing the consequences of that choice. I'm glad to see you have the guts to say what many others on TB won't say. I also hope YRC goes the way of the dinosaurs, but not because I want to see Teamsters lose their jobs.

I said in another thread that there is an imbalance in the freight market, too much capacity to haul vs. not enough freight, it's a matter of supply and demand. Our country is great because of our system of government creates capitalism. The freight market will balance itself out, provided the govt doesn't interfere. The economy isn't coming back anytime soon and the only way the viable LTL's will survive, is to take freight from the weaker companies.

I want to see YRCW to fail because it's the way of things in a capitalistic economy. During tough times, the well ran companies survive and the poorly ran ones don't, as it should be. If YRCW fails, it won't be the first trucking company to do so and it won't be the last. Nothing personal to any YRC guys, it's just business.

I would like to address the first paragraph of this thoughtless and insensitive post in particular. When you are dealing with peoples feelings and lives you might want to reconsider how you approach the situation. I did notice that you are not too proud of your career choice or the company you work for due to the lack of information you provide in your profile.

I did choose to work for YRC. I am dealing with that choice. You may work for another company who may be using underhanded methods of securing freight that was handled by YRC. Now in this scenario you have created of "survival of the fittest" would it be alright with you if I do what is necessary to fight for my family and throw your sorry *** in a dumpster if I catch you lying to my customers or stealing freight off my customers dock? I could personally vindicate many of my brothers and sisters at YRC for their loss of employment through underhanded dealings with my simple process of "capitalism." I say this because many have forgotten what "capitalism" is and some aren't old enough to know what "true capitalism" is or was. Nothing personal johnc1go......it's just business.:nutkick:

I have friends and family that have and continue to work for Estes. I wish nothing but the best to all of you. May you thrive and prosper for many years to come.

=222lifer;666360 Now in this scenario you have created of "survival of the fittest" would it be alright with you if I do what is necessary to fight for my family and throw your sorry *** in a dumpster if I catch you lying to my customers or stealing freight off my customers dock?

Exactly how does one "steal" freight from "your" customer's dock?
Does it belong to you? Did you pay for it? Do you own the facility?
The answer to all 3 questions is no.

Watch who you put your hands on, toughcat...

The above scenario is OK with me, provided that you are prepared to deal with the outcome.

I would say this is geting out of hand....I can't imagine YRC going out, I have love for all those guys, hate is starting to rear its ugly head, screw survival, lets think about our fellow man for once!!!!

If your neighbor is YRC and they go out will you not help them? The Bible says we have to...so your income will be offset anyhow....just wish these good people the best will ya??

I am getting indications that some YRC drivers see us as wanting the demise of YRC, the largest LTL carrier in the continental US , to fail. Let me tell you people that there, is no one with a thinking brain in their head, that wants this to happen. Though we may have different ways of getting our freight delivered for our companies, the bottom line is, that we do a good job, and show up another day to do it again.
Turmoil brings out the best in people, and I can't say enough about the local YRC drivers that I see everyday, pounding the pavement, despite the uncertainty.
I want to try to throw up a poll here, and do it knowingly that the Estes family drivers are wishing you nothing but the best if it all crashes.
Just remember, if it all falls apart, it will create a huge vacuum, and you guys will be okay, doing the same job, just in different colored truck. Good luck, either way!
Thanks legshot for your support your a class act.

Exactly how does one "steal" freight from "your" customer's dock?
Does it belong to you? Did you pay for it? Do you own the facility?
The answer to all 3 questions is no.

Watch who you put your hands on, toughcat...

The above scenario is OK with me, provided that you are prepared to deal with the outcome.

Keep on stalking. You didn't get the jist of the post.

You did come off as being a little defensive,lifer. That kind of stuff happens to everyone.Don't worry, there's enough for everyone.:clap:

You are right. I had about ten different thought processes going on at once. The heartless post by johnc1go...The crappy economy...Something that happened on a customers dock last week...What some think is capitalism...And the list goes on. I just need you to hang around and rein me in when I start to ranting I guess?

Pretending? Show some compassion for fellow human beings!

Same here kantgetryte, I don't think it's right for some one to say that "I call 'em like I see 'em" and then accuse others of "pretending" to care.

I call 'em like I see 'em also and I REALLY don't want to see all those people lose their jobs period.

A UPS Freight guy was on a customer's dock the other day, bragging that they were gonna get all of YRC's freight when they go out of business. Well, as he was running his mouth, a Yrc driver walked into the room. He invited the driver outside to talk, and layed about twenty punches to this UPS guy's face before he got a chance to swing once! :clap:The customers finally had to go out and break it up.

I would have loved to have seen that!

Maybe the black and blue face in the mirror, will remind the good driver what compassion is all about. :nutkick:

A UPS Freight guy was on a customer's dock the other day, bragging that they were gonna get all of YRC's freight when they go out of business. Well, as he was running his mouth, a Yrc driver walked into the room. He invited the driver outside to talk, and layed about twenty punches to this UPS guy's face before he got a chance to swing once! :clap:The customers finally had to go out and break it up.

I would have loved to have seen that!

Maybe the black and blue face in the mirror, will remind the good driver what compassion is all about. :nutkick:

Really!!!!Being from New England, and a UPSF road driver that hits all the New England terminals I am surprised that I have heard nothing about this. Two fellow brother, Teamsters fighting each other. This would be a cardinal sin. What area and state were they in????

Oh come on Buster, you know there has been a time in your career that you wanted to just walk up to another brother and jap slap the fire out of him.

Oh come on Buster, you know there has been a time in your career that you wanted to just walk up to another brother and jap slap the fire out of him.

No, Not really. I spent the last 28 years of my career non union. I am a lover not a fighter.:biglaugh:

I find it hard to believe that this incident really took place, but then again, anything is possible these days.

I talked to the yrc driver that did that to the upsf driver. He said that was the hardest he worked in a long time, plus he said he didn,t have anything else to do.The should be more focused on his company's **** poor mgmt than any driver on the street.