YRC Crash? Who really wants this?

Discussion in 'Estes Express Lines' started by Legshot, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Matt

Matt Supah truckah

okay i will try to save this one but shes going fast down the road to Big R's house. I'll try to keep up on this one but it will be a rough. we will see. maybe not

2. trouble causer at 309

trouble causer at 309 Member

please dont slam obama.. he is the chosen one... messiah if you will... at least thats what the obama voters told me... haha

3. ls57racer

ls57racer Well-Known Member

It's just business is a nice way to say if you fail I prosper...Shame on you and anyone else that thinks this way. There are 30,000 workers and their families that will suffer if YRC fails and I can't find a way to put a positive spin on that. Shame on you...ls57racer the Poster.

4. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

Everyone has their opinions and reasons, I guess.

5. johnc1go

johnc1go New Member

Racer, shaming me isn't going to save 30,000 jobs. The only thing I can imagine, outside of govt interference, that might save YRCW is for the economy to experience a boom in manufacturing. I don't think that's going to happen any time soon, do you? Please understand, I'm not trying to put a positive spin on people losing their jobs as I know first hand just how scary that can be. I'm just calling it like I see it and being honest about my position. Pretending, as others in these forums do, to feel sorry for 30,000 YRC drivers who may be jobless soon, when over 6 million people nationwide have lost their jobs since last year, to me would be an exercise in hypocrisy.

6. Starkravinloon

Well looks like this one is going to be moved to the other forum.

7. kantgetryte

kantgetryte Well-Known Member

Pretending? Show some compassion for fellow human beings!

8. 222lifer

222lifer union thug

I would like to address the first paragraph of this thoughtless and insensitive post in particular. When you are dealing with peoples feelings and lives you might want to reconsider how you approach the situation. I did notice that you are not too proud of your career choice or the company you work for due to the lack of information you provide in your profile.

I did choose to work for YRC. I am dealing with that choice. You may work for another company who may be using underhanded methods of securing freight that was handled by YRC. Now in this scenario you have created of "survival of the fittest" would it be alright with you if I do what is necessary to fight for my family and throw your sorry *** in a dumpster if I catch you lying to my customers or stealing freight off my customers dock? I could personally vindicate many of my brothers and sisters at YRC for their loss of employment through underhanded dealings with my simple process of "capitalism." I say this because many have forgotten what "capitalism" is and some aren't old enough to know what "true capitalism" is or was. Nothing personal johnc1go......it's just business.:nutkick:

I have friends and family that have and continue to work for Estes. I wish nothing but the best to all of you. May you thrive and prosper for many years to come.

9. SWMO8541

SWMO8541 New Member

Exactly how does one "steal" freight from "your" customer's dock?
    Does it belong to you? Did you pay for it? Do you own the facility?
    The answer to all 3 questions is no.

Watch who you put your hands on, toughcat...

The above scenario is OK with me, provided that you are prepared to deal with the outcome.

10. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

I would say this is geting out of hand....I can't imagine YRC going out, I have love for all those guys, hate is starting to rear its ugly head, screw survival, lets think about our fellow man for once!!!!

If your neighbor is YRC and they go out will you not help them? The Bible says we have to...so your income will be offset anyhow....just wish these good people the best will ya??

11. scottman920

scottman920 Member

Thanks legshot for your support your a class act.

12. 222lifer

222lifer union thug

Keep on stalking. You didn't get the jist of the post.

13. Starkravinloon

You did come off as being a little defensive,lifer. That kind of stuff happens to everyone.Don't worry, there's enough for everyone.:clap:

14. 222lifer

222lifer union thug

You are right. I had about ten different thought processes going on at once. The heartless post by johnc1go...The crappy economy...Something that happened on a customers dock last week...What some think is capitalism...And the list goes on. I just need you to hang around and rein me in when I start to ranting I guess?

15. Kings disciple

Kings disciple Ecc. 12:13

Same here kantgetryte, I don't think it's right for some one to say that "I call 'em like I see 'em" and then accuse others of "pretending" to care.

I call 'em like I see 'em also and I REALLY don't want to see all those people lose their jobs period.

16. Legshot

Legshot Striving for Mediocrity

A UPS Freight guy was on a customer's dock the other day, bragging that they were gonna get all of YRC's freight when they go out of business. Well, as he was running his mouth, a Yrc driver walked into the room. He invited the driver outside to talk, and layed about twenty punches to this UPS guy's face before he got a chance to swing once! :clap:The customers finally had to go out and break it up.

I would have loved to have seen that!

Maybe the black and blue face in the mirror, will remind the good driver what compassion is all about. :nutkick:

17. BusterNite

BusterNite Well-Known Member

Really!!!!Being from New England, and a UPSF road driver that hits all the New England terminals I am surprised that I have heard nothing about this. Two fellow brother, Teamsters fighting each other. This would be a cardinal sin. What area and state were they in????

18. Starkravinloon

Oh come on Buster, you know there has been a time in your career that you wanted to just walk up to another brother and jap slap the fire out of him.

19. BusterNite

BusterNite Well-Known Member

No, Not really. I spent the last 28 years of my career non union. I am a lover not a fighter.:biglaugh:

I find it hard to believe that this incident really took place, but then again, anything is possible these days.

20. fratepeddler

fratepeddler New Member

I talked to the yrc driver that did that to the upsf driver. He said that was the hardest he worked in a long time, plus he said he didn,t have anything else to do.The should be more focused on his company's piss poor mgmt than any driver on the street.