Estes | YRC Crash? Who really wants this?

I talked to the yrc driver that did that to the upsf driver. He said that was the hardest he worked in a long time, plus he said he didn,t have anything else to do.The should be more focused on his company's **** poor mgmt than any driver on the street.

So did it happen the way it was said? Or did the YRC driver just have a chip on his shoulder??

Looks like we do want this to happen. Read this:

Aug 6 (Reuters) - Clients of troubled trucker YRC Worldwide Inc (YRCW.O) are being approached by its rivals, who are highlighting its financial problems and trying to undercut its prices, the Wall Street Journal reported.

The paper, citing letters and documents, said FedEx Corp (FDX.N) sent a pamphlet to some YRC customers in the past few months suggesting that they move their business to FedEx.

Estes Express Lines, another rival, has distributed talking points to its salespeople and told them to send the message that "companies in trouble never give customers a heads-up that they are near the end," the paper said.

Executives at FedEx and Estes Express Lines could not be reached for comment outside regular U.S. business hours.

Like the rest of the trucking industry, Kansas-based YRC has been hard hit by the recession, which has driven down demand for its services and put pressure on prices.

YRC reported a second-quarter loss of $309 million, or $5.20 per share, compared with a net profit of $35.8 million, or 62 cents per share, a year earlier.

Revenue fell 45 percent to $1.33 billion from $2.4 billion.

YRC shares closed at $2.07 on Wednesday, down from their 52-week high of $20.53 in August 2008.

cant explain that. sad that corporate has taken that road all i can say is sorry for that

Looks like we do want this to happen. Read this:

Aug 6 (Reuters) - Clients of troubled trucker YRC Worldwide Inc (YRCW.O) are being approached by its rivals, who are highlighting its financial problems and trying to undercut its prices, the Wall Street Journal reported.

The paper, citing letters and documents, said FedEx Corp (FDX.N) sent a pamphlet to some YRC customers in the past few months suggesting that they move their business to FedEx.

Estes Express Lines, another rival, has distributed talking points to its salespeople and told them to send the message that "companies in trouble never give customers a heads-up that they are near the end," the paper said.

Executives at FedEx and Estes Express Lines could not be reached for comment outside regular U.S. business hours.

Like the rest of the trucking industry, Kansas-based YRC has been hard hit by the recession, which has driven down demand for its services and put pressure on prices.

YRC reported a second-quarter loss of $309 million, or $5.20 per share, compared with a net profit of $35.8 million, or 62 cents per share, a year earlier.

Revenue fell 45 percent to $1.33 billion from $2.4 billion.

YRC shares closed at $2.07 on Wednesday, down from their 52-week high of $20.53 in August 2008.

Sounds like Reuters has become a part of the main stream media.Quoting things from others,other than the owner.Other than regular business hours??Can't they wait to print the story??

everybody keeps beating the drum YRC IS GOING OUT I dont even think that fat lady has put her hose on yet James P Hoffa will never let YRC go down how will he get his big bonus ck to get another contract signed only to come back and ask them to take it in the back side after he's got his money and ran??????? Good luck to all drivers at Yrc even the kool-aid drinkers that think they will ever see the money come back??

Yrc wanted to be at the head of the table

Bill Zollar and his people set out to be at the head of the table at the master freight contract and the got it. They had to go out and BUY all of there competition. Now that they have Jame P Hoffa in ther pocket all they had to do is get him to go along with what they want or the union is going to bust with that many drivers out not paying dues. Now they got the pay cut and no pension payment due for what 18 months and by the way they never have to pay it back either? Hell Zollars plan is falling right in place. Good luck to all the drivers at yrc there going to need it! ::shit::

A UPS Freight guy was on a customer's dock the other day, bragging that they were gonna get all of YRC's freight when they go out of business. Well, as he was running his mouth, a Yrc driver walked into the room. He invited the driver outside to talk, and layed about twenty punches to this UPS guy's face before he got a chance to swing once! :clap:The customers finally had to go out and break it up.

I would have loved to have seen that!

Maybe the black and blue face in the mirror, will remind the good driver what compassion is all about. :nutkick:

i hope that upsf driver sues the crap out of that yrc driver if that is the case.

i hope that upsf driver sues the crap out of that yrc driver if that is the case.

Why sue? If this was the case the UPS driver let his mouth overload his ability. Whatever happened to getting your tail whipped and moving on..part of the problem is this nation is sue happy, can't even offend someone anymore without getting a lawsuit filed, I miss the days of taking care of business the old fashioned way. The UPS driver should have used a little tact and he wouldn't have got his butt handed to him.

Why sue? If this was the case the UPS driver let his mouth overload his ability. Whatever happened to getting your tail whipped and moving on..part of the problem is this nation is sue happy, can't even offend someone anymore without getting a lawsuit filed, I miss the days of taking care of business the old fashioned way. The UPS driver should have used a little tact and he wouldn't have got his butt handed to him.

Welcome to todays Democratic Republic,GT.

can't see to much from yrc. estes has turned down most as non money makers but more would be better than ALL THIS HD STUFF its been very slow here in the east..........

Small note

Let me start by saying that in no way do I want my parent company to go down. Even though I am not directly employed by YRC, as a employee of a sister carrier, we have all been affected by all that is going on right now with both the ecomony and the troubles of YRC.

When we were purchased by YRC a little over 4 yrs ago, it sure caught most of us by surprise, we had no idea that YRC was even looking at purchasing us. It has been a long 4 yrs as there have been many changes in how our operation works and runs.

Most of us are trying our best, to keep our heads held high and do our jobs, to the best that we can during these trying times. It is very tough though when not only do we hear it from our competition, but we hear it from our own corporate personal. It does and will try the patience of the best of us.

I don't ask for any thing from anybody, yes I chose to go to work for the company that I work for, it was and still is a great company.

I don't hold anything against the fellow employee's at any of my competitors, they are men and women just like the rest of us trying to make a living. We are all trying to provide for our familys'.

Just understand that for all of us here at YRC, we didn't ask for any of this, this was done well above our pay grade. It's just hard to swallow that I and the rest of my brothers and sisters are paying for the sins and mistakes of people who made bad business choices, choices that have had grave results and outcomes.

searher09 if the sister company you are talking about had a big blue shoe yes they were good to work for. I use to work for Jevic also and yrc did the same thing there took the cream and feed us the ::shit:: then closed the doors seems like it there M.O. but until the can see pass the nose on there face to see that they do for the most part have a bunch of good hard working people. Then its just going to be hard to keep up a honest smile everyday going to work. but good luck to all and keep the faith that Mr. zollars will get his buy out before its too late and take his side kick James P. H. with him:smilie_132:

Most of us are trying our best, to keep our heads held high and do our jobs, to the best that we can during these trying times. It is very tough though when not only do we hear it from our competition, but we hear it from our own corporate personal. It does and will try the patience of the best of us.

Whoever it is you work for, the YRC guys I know here, have a great attitude in the midst of this mess, and only holds to their character as being top notch drivers, as they are being kicked in the nuts by those who are to be looking out for them.:nutkick:
Me included, and a few Estes drivers, whine about alot less than what you guys are up against. Boo Hoo, I had to work 12 hours today.... What a bag of baby ::shit:: I am! :loser:

searher09 if the sister company you are talking about had a big blue shoe yes they were good to work for. I use to work for Jevic also and yrc did the same thing there took the cream and feed us the ::shit:: then closed the doors seems like it there M.O. but until the can see pass the nose on there face to see that they do for the most part have a bunch of good hard working people. Then its just going to be hard to keep up a honest smile everyday going to work. but good luck to all and keep the faith that Mr. zollars will get his buy out before its too late and take his side kick James P. H. with him:smilie_132:
Yes it does. Now we just have a orange and blue ribbon on the trailers

Whoever it is you work for, the YRC guys I know here, have a great attitude in the midst of this mess, and only holds to their character as being top notch drivers, as they are being kicked in the nuts by those who are to be looking out for them.:nutkick:
Me included, and a few Estes drivers, whine about alot less than what you guys are up against. Boo Hoo, I had to work 12 hours today.... What a bag of baby ::shit:: I am! :loser:

Your right Legshot, there are a great group of people here at the YRC family, who are working with great foratude to see that we still provide a great service for the customers.

You have every right to whine and complain. This is still one of the great libertys given to us by the founding fathers, the right to voice our opinion, and complaints, and to speak freely about what is on our minds.

Pay going down

Its just a matter of time of what is going to happen. Pay scales are dropping at almost every company. Either we all drop our pay to keep everyone in business, or some of the trucking companies need to fold. If the economy makes a dramatic turn than great but there are to many trucking comanies for the amount of freight out there. We are all hauling freight for rates from 5 years ago. Just he facts no matter what you wish.