Yellow | yrc csa score hit 75 today

The new CSA scores are just another thing to put us at a competitive disadvantage. If additional roadside inspections are performed as a result of this, this will delay the movement of linehaul freight which could lead to a promised service date to a customer being missed, or in the case of what I now do, city p&d, a pickup being missed or delivery not attempted where freight would be riding on the trailer all day for nothing. Do the customers care? For the most part the answer is no, because we are heavily into picking up for 3rd party logisitics (3PL's) providers like CH Robinson and Freightquote.com, where lowest price is the only thing that matters. This CSA news, in my viewpoint, is mostly going to be an inconvenience for our drivers, because we will be spending more time dealing with the authorities, and less time moving freight whether for the linehaul relay or a customer. Remember, we drivers are YRC to the public, the DOT, and everyone else.

I think the reason for the high score is that if we get inspected, line haul drivers do not get paid for the time UNLESS there is a defect noted in the inspection. DOT knows this, so they will write up light not working so we get paid. I have had that happen.

Maybe a new MOU is needed so we get paid for a clean report as well as a bad one!

I think the reason for the high score is that if we get inspected, line haul drivers do not get paid for the time UNLESS there is a defect noted in the inspection. DOT knows this, so they will write up light not working so we get paid. I have had that happen.

Maybe a new MOU is needed so we get paid for a clean report as well as a bad one!
I have been paid. No defects. Long Island , NY and Manassas, VA. 1 hr. each incident.

Was the light working and they wrote that it wasn't? That goes on your own CSA record, unless they changed that. One of our drivers was pulled over two years ago in Texas, told he was 1 mph over. Then a DOT check. He argued about the speeding ticket and one point- the cop told him he could've knocked out a taillight and it would be 15 points. The law's changed now that less than 7 mph doesn't get points. Just curious?

Was the light working and they wrote that it wasn't? That goes on your own CSA record, unless they changed that. One of our drivers was pulled over two years ago in Texas, told he was 1 mph over. Then a DOT check. He argued about the speeding ticket and one point- the cop told him he could've knocked out a taillight and it would be 15 points. The law's changed now that less than 7 mph doesn't get points. Just curious?

4 mph and less is no CSA points. Per CDL lawyer.

$55.39 per driver/passenger set, I can fix their headlight issues, cut maintenance cost/technician time on trucks. I can save costs on windshields for $113.30 each. We do this with other major trucking fleets and use our solutions in NASCAR and sports car races, we have all the top teams ;). Just sold 300 units as an initial PO with a major fleet to fix safety issues last week, shot their training video yesterday.
Take this to Welch and friends in KC. They don't listen to anything the drivers have to say, so posting it here probably will do nothing

Worst equipment on the road. A danger to pulbic safety. YRC does not care about safety or thier drivers.

Worst equipment on the road. A danger to pulbic safety. YRC does not care about safety or thier drivers.
Do a complete pre - trip. Not walking around, looking, and then climbing in the truck. Fill out the VCR before you drive, unless you have the previous driver's write-up. And then still do your write up before you drive, and @ the end of you shift. On 2 different occasions, my time stamped write up before I left saved me a lot of heartache. Having a time stamped VCR with you might make a difference with the LE that pulls you over & does an inspection. Keep notes & copy any & all paperwork that might help you if you get jammed up with management. It will go a long way in supporting your argument 6 months down the road if you can show a pattern of abuse or harassment. von.

Last edited:
Here is a link on some of the successful legal actions where Paul Taylor got a drivers job back & was made whole. One company paid 285 thousand in damages & back wages. On top of that Paul's fees came from the trucking company, not out of the driver’s settlement. A lot of his successful cases stem from refusal to dive bad equipment & not driving in bad weather. All these cases are heard before an Administrative Law Judge, under the Surface Transportation Assistance Act of 1982 (STAA) allowing him to practice in all 50 states. von.

http://www.truckersjusticecenter.com/significant-cases/

Last edited:
Too many drivers don't care enough about their own safety and would rather just jump in the truck and get those miles going. Let's be honest.

Too many suck ass Yes men already voted away thier paychecks, pensions, work rules, no one cares, and the fact is YRC has the worst equipment on the road. YRC people are just in denial. Lets be honest.

Well on another note along these lines of the topic. PHI 152@ has on a constant basis 12 to 15 tractors OOS on any given day. It looks like a junk yard at out terminal. Guys waiting for line haul units to come in to go peddle. Loads sitting because of no equipment to bring guys in who are on call. Management will not rent tractors from Penske Ryder etc. IT IS TOTALLY PATHETIC the status of our equipment!!!

Our score is dropping significantly from 78 to 75. With more equipment coming in, I see this as a positive. Unfortunately, will the company relax and go back to their old ways once the scores drops? Already seeing (or NOT seeing) MVR's missing from the tractors.

OlS3yhz.jpg