Yellow | YRC deadline 11-15-13

Vast, vast majority are positive or leaning positive???? Are you kidding me??? The only positive employees I've met in the last 4-6 years are new hires out of a truck driving school

Okay today is the 14th, where are the Proposals? Where are the details? What are we suppose to consider? They (Union and YRC) already know, where is it?

They said they need to get the ball rolling on the 15th, didn't they?

Let's hope Kansas City is Not being run like 309, where nobody knows anything and god forbid, anyone makes a decision...

Looks like this will be another screw up like everything else all YRC management does.......

falling-off-a-cliff.png

"The company hired an independent firm to survey worker attitudes toward YRC and its management and a “vast, vast majority” are positive or leaning positive, Pierson said, boosting the likelihood that workers will support a contract extension."

In other words they paid someone to count up all of the positive posts on Truckingboards!

Now I am confused. The article said contract extension? are we renegotiating, or ,extending the current one?

If we extend that can be done under an MOU correct?
If we renegotiate that would be a new contract.

The MOU, as I understand it, would give us less opportunity to push back whereas renegotiation we could.

Why do I feel like a bait and switch is about to take place?

A phone call from independant company which I refused because I was not aware who was calling me. Went to work next day and checked with management to verify that this was legit andto no surprise NO ONE KNEW ANYTHING!!! I never got a call back after that as promised by the original caller....To No surprise !
What damned survey?.....they did not survey me!.....KK

Of course a driver shortage! All the soap opera drama here and driving scale as new hire would you want to work here? I think not:6792:

they asked for our email and cell numbers, i declined to provide.
driver shortages? we cut some and tried to transfer others for a loss of around 140, now we have difficulty replacing them with our substandard wages and non-retirement plan.
as far as absenteeism, i earned that time off under the contract. i can not give enough concessions to overcome apathy, idiocy and management's involvement in non yrc business on company time.

"leaning positive" or "bending over positive"?!
"The company hired an independent firm to survey worker attitudes toward YRC and its management and a “vast, vast majority” are positive or leaning positive, Pierson said, boosting the likelihood that workers will support a contract extension."

In other words they paid someone to count up all of the positive posts on Truckingboards!

Now I am confused. The article said contract extension? are we renegotiating, or ,extending the current one?

The MOU, as I understand it, would give us less opportunity to push back whereas renegotiation we could.

Trying to get an education here, what does MOU stand for? I tried to sit down and read the NMFC one time, I think I made it to page 5. I didn't want to have to pay my attorney billable hours to help me get through it!:regretful:

Trying to get an education here, what does MOU stand for? I tried to sit down and read the NMFC one time, I think I made it to page 5. I didn't want to have to pay my attorney billable hours to help me get through it!:regretful:

I think it is for Memorandum of Understanding.
It is an addendum to the contract, that, either ads something, or, clarifies a particular issue in the contract after the fact.

No survey here.......definitely not leaning positive. In my barn, very few positive. Some are 'scared rabbits' not to be mistaken for positive.

Yrc knows this thing will not fly without a giveback. You guys are gonna get something for your sacrifice of 5 more years.

Just don't pick up the soap and you'll be fine.

You don't have to know what it means. It will never come it to play were you work. You do as they say or the'll show you the door!