Yellow | YRC Equipment Check Starting July 25, 2016

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
So, YRC is about to start holding us up at the gates to inspect for damage/tampering of equipment around July 25, 2016. I never knew how to shut off the lane departure system in the new trucks until they just gave us all a color photo to locate and turn off....some things are left better alone.....SMH
lSfmaQa.jpg

PvEUXQb.jpg

So, YRC is about to start holding us up at the gates to inspect for damage/tampering of equipment around July 25, 2016. I never knew how to shut off the lane departure system in the new trucks until they just gave us all a color photo to locate and turn off....some things are left better alone.....SMH
lSfmaQa.jpg

PvEUXQb.jpg
KK, please tell me you are not suggesting it's OK to disable one of these new safety features. I've got 2 million accident free miles but don't believe for a minute that I'm too good to accept free help to make me a better driver and protect me and those around me. Say it ain't so.

Equipment check?
Ha.
I am dock only.. Sorry... But they don't even check the oil in the lifts until they burn up.
Went in yesterday and my lift kept stalling. I knew exactly what it was. Couldn't see a dab of oil on the stick.
They are worried someone is messing with cameras.
This place amazes me everyday with the incompetence that exists.
:off topic: but not too far off!

Turn it around on them if possible. Before clearing the gate do a complete Inspection of all equipment. Locks, fire extinguisher, all lights, license plates with registration paper work, flat spotted tires, tread less than 3/32, carry a tread depth gauge & air gauge with you. Wheel hubs soaked in grease, missing mud flaps, suspension, hoses / fluid leaks. Tell them it is an unsafe truck to drive & make them fix it. Get it fixed in the yard instead of the roadside. Cheaper to them & you in not getting a ticket. Be safe. Von.

Turn it around on them if possible. Before clearing the gate do a complete Inspection of all equipment. Locks, fire extinguisher, all lights, license plates with registration paper work, flat spotted tires, tread less than 3/32, carry a tread depth gauge & air gauge with you. Wheel hubs soaked in grease, missing mud flaps, suspension, hoses / fluid leaks. Tell them it is an unsafe truck to drive & make them fix it. Get it fixed in the yard instead of the roadside. Cheaper to them & you in not getting a ticket. Be safe. Von.
I don't have a cdl but if I did it would be mine. Not yrc:'s and I would make sure everything is correct because it will go against you on your cdl. Yrc doesn't give a ::shit:: if you get a ticket. Not their cdl.
Take care of yourself first. Yrc second.

Equipment check?
Ha.
I am dock only.. Sorry... But they don't even check the oil in the lifts until they burn up.
Went in yesterday and my lift kept stalling. I knew exactly what it was. Couldn't see a dab of oil on the stick.
They are worried someone is messing with cameras.
This place amazes me everyday with the incompetence that exists.
:off topic: but not too far off!

Checking fluids and functions of equipment I use is daily SOP. It takes but a few minutes, and better yet, I get paid to do so. Why would one choose not to?

You mean do a real pretrip inspection, like the one you are required to do by federal law?

So you would intentionally run a lift without oil because management is too stupid to check the equipment that you operate for you. I absolutely believe that you would check your tractor out before leaving the yard then. Maybe with all of these short cuts you can move 4 bills per hour tonight, but I doubt it.

I don't have a cdl but if I did it would be mine. Not yrc:'s and I would make sure everything is correct because it will go against you on your cdl. Yrc doesn't give a :::shit::: if you get a ticket. Not their cdl.
Take care of yourself first. Yrc second.

You are right. If you have 3 tickets on you DAC Report all being equipment violations, someone might think you don't care about safety. Even though they might not be moving violations, it is still a red flag. Before I retired I saw both, no pre trip off the chart inspections. 98% of the time I saw the road drivers bump all the tires & check the entire hook up points & suspension with a flashlight. All our road drivers knew they made more money rolling than sitting on the side of the road waiting for a vendor. Forest Gump said ‘Safety is as you do’

So you would intentionally run a lift without oil because management is too stupid to check the equipment that you operate for you. I absolutely believe that you would check your tractor out before leaving the yard then. Maybe with all of these short cuts you can move 4 bills per hour tonight, but I doubt it.
I didn't intentionally do anything. Why would I ruin the lift I use every night.
If I went out there right now I bet half of the lifts if not more are low.
And management does not check oil. Mechanic do. We will get filed on for doing their work.

Regardless of whose job it is to check the oil it is your job to report a known defect. No different than a road driver still having to pretrip a unit on the readyline. Forest Gump also said stupid is as stupid does.

So the mechanics need to be held accountable. I hear it all the time, nothing will change if folks aren't held accountable. But what they mean is hold everyone else accountable.

We are not allowed. Mechanics will file. I would be more than happy to do it.
Let them file. Then when your supervisor or BA tells you to back off, tell them you are required to be sure that equipment is safe ( I quote out of the regs) to' YOUR SATISFACTION' not their work rules. If you suffer any more hassle e-mail YRC (you have a record of their response) asking if they have a problem of you inspecting the engine for leaks & proper fluids before your road trip. We all know the answer ya gonna get. I don't think a company will tell you not to check. If they do, find that title to that bridge in NY & sell it to them.

I didn't intentionally do anything. Why would I ruin the lift I use every night.
If I went out there right now I bet half of the lifts if not more are low.
And management does not check oil. Mechanic do. We will get filed on for doing their work.
If the mech is signing the daily inspection report and the oil is still low, there is a problem, if not many...