Yellow | YRC Equipment Check Starting July 25, 2016

Why would the mechanic be doing the operators daily inspection report?

MC said:
We are not allowed. Mechanics will file. I would be more than happy to do it.

If the mech is filing on the 'run around,' then the mech should be signing the inspection report showing it has been done.

If the mech is not signing, yet filing, there is a problem.

Either the mech is filing a false grievance or the mech is not performing the inspection.

However OSHA says the Operator shall inspect the equipment, not have someone else do it or take the word that someone has done it.

It may be the mechanics job to actually add the fluids but it's the operators job to check the unit just like it's the drivers responsibility to pre-trip the truck.

However OSHA says the Operator shall inspect the equipment, not have someone else do it or take the word that someone has done it.

It may be the mechanics job to actually add the fluids but it's the operators job to check the unit just like it's the drivers responsibility to pre-trip the truck.

We totally agree on that, Wrench. Each person is entitled to take time to inspect each piece of equipment before using.

I was proposing the conundrum caused by the process MC must endure, while still operating unsafe equipment.

There's no way to deactivate the inward camera. That's why it's covered.
Lytx claims right on the sticker that the inward facing camera is disabled. One of the guys posted a picture in an older thread, and it specifies the word "disabled". I believe the memo stipulated that Lytx disables the units internally before delivering them to YRC.

The reason the stickers keep disappearing, though, is because guys trust their own electrical tape instead.

Lytx claims right on the sticker that the inward facing camera is disabled. One of the guys posted a picture in an older thread, and it specifies the word "disabled". I believe the memo stipulated that Lytx disables the units internally before delivering them to YRC.

The reason the stickers keep disappearing, though, is because guys trust their own electrical tape instead.
Why put a sticker on it if it's deactivated? Lol!