ABF | YRC extension talks

capnkirk

TB Lurker
Credits
YRC to Meet with IBT to Press Contract Extension
October 29, 2013: On November 5, YRC execs will meet with the IBT Freight Division and some members of the National Negotiating Committee to press for a contract extension, reportedly until 2019, with no improvements.

The meeting will come two days before YRC is expected to announce its third quarter results. The company is aiming to refinance its debt, and wants a long-term Teamster agreement in place to get bank financing.

Hoffa's appointee to YRC's Board of Directors, Harry Wilson, has been the point man in pushing for getting a contract extension in place.

- See more at: YRC to Meet with IBT to Press Contract Extension | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

I found this to be unbelievable. Not sure it has much merit since it was on TDU web site. VERRRRRY INTERESTING !!!!!:wtflol:

I found this to be unbelievable. Not sure it has much merit since it was on TDU web site. VERRRRRY INTERESTING !!!!!:wtflol:

This is VERY TRUE November 5th 3pm & if you've been following this YRC first broached this several months ago & once this takes place ABF will be back with HAT & HAND wanting concessions on a contract that hasn't even been implemented yet !!

This is VERY TRUE November 5th 3pm & if you've been following this YRC first broached this several months ago & once this takes place ABF will be back with HAT & HAND wanting concessions on a contract that hasn't even been implemented yet !!

Or holland may be up for sale

What a kick in the pants.
god bless us all, What next??

YRC to Meet with IBT to Press Contract Extension
October 29, 2013: On November 5, YRC execs will meet with the IBT Freight Division and some members of the National Negotiating Committee to press for a contract extension, reportedly until 2019, with no improvements.

The meeting will come two days before YRC is expected to announce its third quarter results. The company is aiming to refinance its debt, and wants a long-term Teamster agreement in place to get bank financing.

Hoffa's appointee to YRC's Board of Directors, Harry Wilson, has been the point man in pushing for getting a contract extension in place.

- See more at: YRC to Meet with IBT to Press Contract Extension | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

YRC is once again outside cash flow covenants set by the lending consortium. Everything else being equal, (little or no growth in the economy, super competitive ltl pricing environment, and most importantly, YRC IS NOT reducing its principle debt) why would the banks continue to want to lend good money after bad?

My bet this is a Hail Mary attempt to starve off liquidation and the banks will say no this time!

Mysteriously nothumbleenough returns after a long absence beginning when the Master was ratified. I expect his presence to signify that ABF is already in the process of holding out the donations hat.

Been watching closely for months . Haven't contributed purposely.

I'll bet you have a good idea where I stood on this issue. If you are trying to suggest I am part of management, please be so bold to put your exact thoughts out instead of hinting. I will gladly personally message a picture of the tractor I drive to start each trip. I would think you might have learned a lesson about the same accusations that Rolling62 proved to be false.

Been watching closely for months . Haven't contributed purposely.

I'll bet you have a good idea where I stood on this issue. If you are trying to suggest I am part of management, please be so bold to put your exact thoughts out instead of hinting. I will gladly personally message a picture of the tractor I drive to start each trip. I would think you might have learned a lesson about the same accusations that Rolling62 proved to be false.
Rollin62 hasn't proven anything by me yet. I'll more than suggest and hint, I do believe that you are management and funny you would allege that you've been watching closely for months. Not that long ago I checked your activity and there had been none since the contract was ratified. Your pro management rhetoric leads me to believe you are management and I doubt that you are going to prove otherwise.

If you disagree with abfer, your automatically management. Food for thought
I never said you were management, I said that I don't believe that you work at ABF and that remains unchanged as of now.

Rollin62 hasn't proven anything by me yet. I'll more than suggest and hint, I do believe that you are management and funny you would allege that you've been watching closely for months. Not that long ago I checked your activity and there had been none since the contract was ratified. Your pro management rhetoric leads me to believe you are management and I doubt that you are going to prove otherwise.
Easy to come on here after it's over & be a Monday-morning quarterback. Guess it don't sting as bad when your not losing a weeks vacation & 7% less. As for getting a pix of an ABF tractor not to hard to do....

management gets sent to the fort not drivers.... Are you going to come clean.....

Now wait a minute, your telling me abf drivers can't visit the fort at all? Wow, guess someone forwarded me a pic then huh? Believe what u want. I'm excited fir all the men and women still have a great job to care for their families and we can all move past this. We are truly the best of the best. Congrats everyone