FedEx Freight | YRC-Fedex difference

Some people think they're right all the time and are probably grossly overpaid for the uses of their brains. Because in the real world their ideas dont hold water.
I used to try and talk union in the Fedex forums and was always outnumbered by a longshot.
Some of these prounion guys now were not then.
Lame attempt to label people who desire unions as weak " victims".

Not right all the time, just more willing than many to change my mind when proven wrong. ;)

Kudos for the proper use of they're and their, not sure about accusing somebody else of being grossly overpaid for the uses of their brains though.

I'm not so arrogant to believe that all my ideas hold water. I'm just not dumb enough to keep pouring them in the same leaky pail, well maybe I am because here I sit rebutting you.

Don't put words in my mouth. I was differentiating between those who aren't happy and are doing what they think is best to affect change and those who have a victim mentality. You seemed to have jumped right to victim defense mode and think that I label people who desire unions as weak victims. Thanks for helping drive home the point that there are pro-union folks who have a victim mentality.

BDM I guess is me. Been with FXF 15 years started at the bottom just like everybody else now I'm #3 on the city board. If I hated FXF like a lot of these cry babies on here I would be gone in a heart beat life is to short to be miserable. I ran the road coast to coast for 21 years. I want nothing to do with line haul bid. I just do my job and go home. On Friday I get my check and start over on Monday.Could FXF be better sure it could. But I have worked for a lot worse over the years and drove a lot worse equipment.
Yes you are BDM and like you I have worked my way up to#4. You have never heard me say I hate FedEx, so I'm not going anywhere. Can understand why you don't like Teamsters and that is fine, but we do need to make some changes and unlike you I don't have faith in management to make those changes on their own. We need help.

Last edited by a moderator:
the members have work rules, bid procedures, seniority rules and the best healthcare pkg. available anywhere at no cost. that's the only real difference. nobody is trying to convince you that the union will make life at FXF utopia. ive always preferred to have some say in my destiny though. but, that's just me.

Some have a dislike for the current state of affairs and want to do what they can to affect change.

Most who are unhappy would likely be unhappy wherever they land, it is how they are. They are often "victims" in other facets of their life too. Nothing is ever their fault. Somebody is always out to screw them.

I notice you left out part of his post. Wonder how he would feel if he knew you wanted to replace him because he is to far up the seniority board. Just walk in one day and you say sorry thanks for your service but you have to much seniority it's time for you to go, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

You don't know me you don't know my situation, and you certainly don't speak for me. I'm not a victim of anything. Just would like to have a level playing field. But then that's me. Didn't say FedEx was out to screw me. You haven't heard me say that anywhere.

Seems funny when I make what is a valid comparison in my opinion, your true character comes out and you start attacking.

Got family tonight as it is Friday have a good weekend buster.

Last edited by a moderator:
lmao yeah we are victims where does this loser get this stuff from. What does being happy have to do with a ****ty pension, ****ty health insurance, and changing work rules every 5 minutes.

Actually the members of a union are anything but victims - they are victors in the sense that they have some control of their own destiny. And, throughout history they fought many ugly battles bravely against large corporations so you could enjoy the fruits of their labor struggles and then bad mouth them! You probably cuss the American flag and curse everything it stands for because our country isn't "perfect" in your opinion ? Backstabbers that willingly bite the hand that has fed them "figuratively speaking" really **** me the **** off !!

Not right all the time, just more willing than many to change my mind when proven wrong. ;)

Kudos for the proper use of they're and their, not sure about accusing somebody else of being grossly overpaid for the uses of their brains though.

I'm not so arrogant to believe that all my ideas hold water. I'm just not dumb enough to keep pouring them in the same leaky pail, well maybe I am because here I sit rebutting you.

Don't put words in my mouth. I was differentiating between those who aren't happy and are doing what they think is best to affect change and those who have a victim mentality. You seemed to have jumped right to victim defense mode and think that I label people who desire unions as weak victims. Thanks for helping drive home the point that there are pro-union folks who have a victim mentality.
So who do you work for again? What is your title? You say you don't drive & it's obvious you don't like unions so what's your agenda?

Look at all that blue in the southeast. How's that working out,most of those states are last in every category from wages to education. One thing they do well at is owners profit on the back of their employees.

Union propaganda again..

Excerpt from article Found On Michigan Capital Confidential Website:

During the debate in Michigan over right-to-work, critics commonly incited fear that it would result in lower incomes for Michigan workers.For example, President Obama claimed in 2012 that the law meant "giving you the right to work for less money."

As right-to-work is being discussed in other states, including Missouri, the fears about its impact on income are reiterated. The Committee to Protect Missouri Families, a coalition fighting right-to-work legislation, claims on its website that the law "cuts wages and stifles job growth by reducing people's discretionary income. When people have less discretionary income, they spend less, which in turn, hurts the economy."

The evidence, however, contradicts these claims. According to data from the Bureau of Economic Analysis, inflation-adjusted per capita personal income growth in right-to-work states is higher than in non-right-to-work states. Between 1990 and 2013, inflation-adjusted per-capita personal income in all right-to-work states grew by 30.7 percent compared to 27.5 percent in all forced unionization states.

In fact, of the 10 states with fastest inflation-adjusted per-capita personal income growth during that time, seven were right-to-work and one, Oklahoma, became right-to-work about halfway through the period.

You don't know me you don't know my situation, and you certainly don't speak for me. I'm not a victim of anything. Just would like to have a level playing field. But then that's me. Didn't say FedEx was out to screw me. You haven't heard me say that anywhere.

Then you would fall squarely in the camp that I referred to as "some have a dislike for the current state of affairs and want to do what they can to affect change". I never put you in the victim camp.

droppingadeuce said:
Seems funny when I make what is a valid comparison in my opinion, your true character comes out and you start attacking.

Where did I attack you? The only response that I made on this thread that may have been an "attack" was in response to slavenomore who took the first shot.

droppingadeuce said:
Got family tonight as it is Friday have a good weekend buster.

You too dropper of the deuce. ;)

So who do you work for again? What is your title? You say you don't drive & it's obvious you don't like unions so what's your agenda?

Not germane.

What difference does a title make? Judge my opinions based on their validity. or lack thereof. I don't judge peoples' opinions based on the letters attached to their name.

You're funny. I cant believe that you answer everything.
No thanks for the " kudos".
It may mean something to maharushbo but not me.
The victim mentality is a human thing.
Therefore exist on both sides, most probably evenly.

Union propaganda again..
What RTW is, is it's a way to bully the laborer.
It's a tool designed to cause disunity. Divide and conquer.
They make you go thru all this time and stress to get a manority vote in which the guy on the rich mans side gets his way no matter what. The big money of the world has only one very real challenge to his economic power.
Labor unions which are organized.
Therefore he rigs the game in his favor in any way.
RTW cuts into our money.
A rich man is rich but our combined money is a threat. Our combined numbers are also a threat.
Therefore he chisels with this or that trying to crack the unity.
It isn't for the RTW workers benefit. It's for Big Money's benefit.

Big Money owns DC.
Do you like where its at and headed?
Facts would show you that America was everything most would be proud of when unions had the numbers money and real say in this country.
Numbers are at an all-time low.
Look. Do you like where Big Money has brought us?
We gave everything away that was worth something since they write the rules.
Not so when we, the laborforce, had power through participation in unions.

Did you get Romney when Obama was elected?
Yet the RTW guy gets his way even though losing.
What kind of election deal is that?
Why even make everbody go thru all this BS?
Because its all about money ruling.
Not people.

The big difference is FedEx makes money and YRC does not. The union negotiated for them and they make less than us. Why would we want the same people negotiating for us. NO!!!

Bad financial sense from the top of YRC is the difference. Is everyone forgetting when they placed an offer to buy ABF while their employees were still taking concessions? The Teamsters were not happy at all and made it known.

the members have work rules, bid procedures, seniority rules and the best healthcare pkg. available anywhere at no cost. that's the only real difference. nobody is trying to convince you that the union will make life at FXF utopia. ive always preferred to have some say in my destiny though. but, that's just me.
you always have a say in your own destiny. if you don't like were you work then move on.

Look at all that blue in the southeast. How's that working out,most of those states are last in every category from wages to education. One thing they do well at is owners profit on the back of their employees.

But we're first in football with the SEC conference.

But we're first in football with the SEC conference.

You're right and I'm getting ready to go the South Carolina- Florida game, my son is going to the Auburn-Georgia game. Carolina fan here, tough this year with a horrible defense. Go SEC.

Then you would fall squarely in the camp that I referred to as "some have a dislike for the current state of affairs and want to do what they can to affect change". I never put you in the victim camp.

Where did I attack you? The only response that I made on this thread that may have been an "attack" was in response to slavenomore who took the first shot.

You too dropper of the deuce. ;)
Ok I guess when I say attack you thought I thought that you were attacking me. That's not what I meant, I guess what I should have said is that you go on the offensive, in others words you really start pushing you anti propaganda and talking about us being victims and feel like it's always someone else's fault for my situation. O boohoo whoa is me, big bad corporation is picking on me. I don't feel that way at all. You keep running down the union, I wonder are you collecting a union pension, you won't say what your job is, just that you have clients that are both union and nonunion. Then you talk about how filthy union terminals are compared to nonunion terminals. I got it you work for a contract janitorial service. See if you would organize you might get better working conditions.