YRC-Fedex difference

Discussion in 'Fedex Freight' started by droppingaduece, Nov 14, 2014.

1. droppingaduece

droppingaduece Active Member

Yes FedEx makes money, so does yrc, and yes the union negotiated for them and they voted to ratify the contract, and it saved jobs, and even with the concessions they still get more in their pension fund than we do. O I know the cspf is under funded and those guys won't collect a pension. Fedex pension fund is underfunded also, so you realize the money that should be in there should be making money for you, if your fully vested, but FedEx is using that money to pay bonuses to upper management IMHO.
    Yes sir the economy tanked, FedEx and Conway cut rates, and dollar bill tried to become #1 in market share and nearly bankrupted the company.

2. droppingaduece

Yes sir yrc drivers did move and a lot lost their jobs, but I don't believe they moved to save their job and then after 3-6 months were told ok thanks but we're going a different direction, have the rail figured out enough to just let you go. A lot of them moved because they were told that we will be adding more runs and drivers at these locations as we pick up more freight, and at the 2nd and 3rd cuts the buy out was just about half of what it was the 1st time. Some people were calling that early retirement.

3. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

OK... I was on board until this point... Are you saying Obama and Romney cut a deal? Just wanting the facts, that's all..

4. droppingaduece

Only in the west the east is pretty weak. but that is funny, I don't care who you are.

5. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

Yeah, if our kicker would have kicked the kick-off outta bounds, we would have had Crimson Tide for supper.. WTH?

6. EX396

EX396 Well-Known Member

No sidestepping. It means what I do for a living is irrelevant. That I don't judge the validity of someones' opinion based on their chosen line of work. Are you incapable of doing the same?

No union pension, took my withdrawal card before I was a member long enough to be vested.

The rest was of your quote was funny.

7. GO40

GO40 Banned

It is relevant if your profits increase because the company is non Union

8. buffalobill

buffalobill Well-Known Member

its relevant if you are a coworker of joe B., or a competitor at another avoidance firm.....

9. EX396

EX396 Well-Known Member

If you were to dismiss my opinions based on what I do for a living, following the same logic, shouldn't I dismiss yours because of what you do for a living? Should I dismiss your opinions If your profits increase because you go union?

I don't work that way. I value your opinion based on the strength of the points/arguments you present.

I am about 50/50 as to revenue produced by union and non-union clients, if that matters. We may make a tad bit more off the nons in total, but simply because we have more of them.

10. buffalobill

buffalobill Well-Known Member

once again, you could work for a firm specializing in "labor relations". just because you have union companies for clients means nothing. non union companies want to stay that way, and union companies want the weakest contract possible.

does this make more sense, where we are coming from now? this is why it matters to the guys who know, if you wont give us a truthful answer, how do we know you arent a propaghandist from labor relations firm? thats why we care about what you do.

11. droppingaduece

I didn't think it was all that funny, but glad I could make you smile, but I wonder just how close I was to being right. Hmmm makes a person wonder. I know your not a custodian, but I do believe that you make money doing everything you can trying to talk people out of joining a union. You keep saying the union won't solve all our problems, I never thought they would solve all problems. The teamsters are not perfect, I know that, but even you have to admit that when you stand alone, you die alone. Together we can make a difference, alone we might as well be stuck on a deserted island somewhere.

12. GMAN

GMAN Active Member

Roll Tide !

13. bigtruk_us

bigtruk_us Well-Known Member

Once the FedEx corporate pigs drop the big bomb on ya 2018.Youd wish you had a contract.Your own corporate management pig said that you alls health insurance will continue to decrease.With the ACA plan in place.All that decreasing sounds plausible.Im not filling you all with lies.Your Healthcare will be decreasing.How much fedex decides to rail.Well you won't have a say of any kind in that.By the looks of those nice new intermodal trailers I see more and more of.Looks like FedEx is ramping up that effort.That means elimination of jobs.Good luck and God Bless either way

14. 00mustang

00mustang JUST LIVING THE DREAM

In reading his post again I see no where he said he hated fedex

Getoverit likes this.
  15. 00mustang

Just because the state is blue doesn't mean their aren't union's in the state, and from what I have heard not many guy's/gal's not paying dues even though they don't have to. Guess they know a good value when they have it.

16. 00mustang

He still can't see the difference, and he won't no matter what

17. bigtruk_us

bigtruk_us Well-Known Member

Lol..some folks worry about petty things as dues..

18. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

Looks like a 3PL, walks like a 3PL and talks like a 3PL. 3PL's are the scourge of the trucking industry sucking what blood they can out of an already anemic business. Why don't you just come out and admit it? And I don't understand why you spend so much time on here blowing your anti-union horn on folks you have nothing to do with. :shrug:

19. Thom-8-Toes

Thom-8-Toes Active Member

TOU'CHE.......!!! only with your Union diatribe. ..

20. GO40

GO40 Banned

How does it feel being grossly uncompensated for doing the same job as a union member?