FedEx Freight | YRC-Fedex difference

The big difference is FedEx makes money and YRC does not. The union negotiated for them and they make less than us. Why would we want the same people negotiating for us. NO!!!
Yes FedEx makes money, so does yrc, and yes the union negotiated for them and they voted to ratify the contract, and it saved jobs, and even with the concessions they still get more in their pension fund than we do. O I know the cspf is under funded and those guys won't collect a pension. Fedex pension fund is underfunded also, so you realize the money that should be in there should be making money for you, if your fully vested, but FedEx is using that money to pay bonuses to upper management IMHO.
The main reason was the economy tanked not to mention bottom feeders cutting rates, guess fedex would rather give your raises back to the customer instead of its drivers....
Yes sir the economy tanked, FedEx and Conway cut rates, and dollar bill tried to become #1 in market share and nearly bankrupted the company.

I believe YRC drivers were asked to move around there system and they also were also let go.
Yes sir yrc drivers did move and a lot lost their jobs, but I don't believe they moved to save their job and then after 3-6 months were told ok thanks but we're going a different direction, have the rail figured out enough to just let you go. A lot of them moved because they were told that we will be adding more runs and drivers at these locations as we pick up more freight, and at the 2nd and 3rd cuts the buy out was just about half of what it was the 1st time. Some people were calling that early retirement.

Did you get Romney when Obama was elected?
Yet the RTW guy gets his way even though losing.
What kind of election deal is that?
Why even make everbody go thru all this BS?
Because its all about money ruling.
Not people.

OK... I was on board until this point... Are you saying Obama and Romney cut a deal? Just wanting the facts, that's all..

Sidestepping again....

No sidestepping. It means what I do for a living is irrelevant. That I don't judge the validity of someones' opinion based on their chosen line of work. Are you incapable of doing the same?

I wonder are you collecting a union pension, you won't say what your job is, just that you have clients that are both union and nonunion. Then you talk about how filthy union terminals are compared to nonunion terminals. I got it you work for a contract janitorial service. See if you would organize you might get better working conditions.

No union pension, took my withdrawal card before I was a member long enough to be vested.

The rest was of your quote was funny.

No sidestepping. It means what I do for a living is irrelevant. That I don't judge the validity of someones' opinion based on their chosen line of work. Are you incapable of doing the same?

No union pension, took my withdrawal card before I was a member long enough to be vested.

It is relevant if your profits increase because the company is non Union

If you were to dismiss my opinions based on what I do for a living, following the same logic, shouldn't I dismiss yours because of what you do for a living? Should I dismiss your opinions If your profits increase because you go union?

I don't work that way. I value your opinion based on the strength of the points/arguments you present.

I am about 50/50 as to revenue produced by union and non-union clients, if that matters. We may make a tad bit more off the nons in total, but simply because we have more of them.

once again, you could work for a firm specializing in "labor relations". just because you have union companies for clients means nothing. non union companies want to stay that way, and union companies want the weakest contract possible.

does this make more sense, where we are coming from now? this is why it matters to the guys who know, if you wont give us a truthful answer, how do we know you arent a propaghandist from labor relations firm? thats why we care about what you do.

I didn't think it was all that funny, but glad I could make you smile, but I wonder just how close I was to being right. Hmmm makes a person wonder. I know your not a custodian, but I do believe that you make money doing everything you can trying to talk people out of joining a union. You keep saying the union won't solve all our problems, I never thought they would solve all problems. The teamsters are not perfect, I know that, but even you have to admit that when you stand alone, you die alone. Together we can make a difference, alone we might as well be stuck on a deserted island somewhere.

I heard the YRC is looking for drivers in your area. You should put in an application. You love the Union so much and hate FXF you could kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
Once the FedEx corporate pigs drop the big bomb on ya 2018.Youd wish you had a contract.Your own corporate management pig said that you alls health insurance will continue to decrease.With the ACA plan in place.All that decreasing sounds plausible.Im not filling you all with lies.Your Healthcare will be decreasing.How much fedex decides to rail.Well you won't have a say of any kind in that.By the looks of those nice new intermodal trailers I see more and more of.Looks like FedEx is ramping up that effort.That means elimination of jobs.Good luck and God Bless either way

Just because the state is blue doesn't mean their aren't union's in the state, and from what I have heard not many guy's/gal's not paying dues even though they don't have to. Guess they know a good value when they have it.

The big difference is FedEx makes money and YRC does not. The union negotiated for them and they make less than us. Why would we want the same people negotiating for us. NO!!!
He still can't see the difference, and he won't no matter what

If you were to dismiss my opinions based on what I do for a living, following the same logic, shouldn't I dismiss yours because of what you do for a living? Should I dismiss your opinions If your profits increase because you go union?

I don't work that way. I value your opinion based on the strength of the points/arguments you present.

I am about 50/50 as to revenue produced by union and non-union clients, if that matters. We may make a tad bit more off the nons in total, but simply because we have more of them.
Looks like a 3PL, walks like a 3PL and talks like a 3PL. 3PL's are the scourge of the trucking industry sucking what blood they can out of an already anemic business. Why don't you just come out and admit it? And I don't understand why you spend so much time on here blowing your anti-union horn on folks you have nothing to do with. :shrug:

Looks like a 3PL, walks like a 3PL and talks like a 3PL. 3PL's are the scourge of the trucking industry sucking what blood they can out of an already anemic business. Why don't you just come out and admit it? And I don't understand why you spend so much time on here blowing your anti-union horn on folks you have nothing to do with. :shrug:

TOU'CHE.......!!! only with your Union diatribe. ..