FedEx Freight | YRC-Fedex difference

You guys are brutal man...LOL
Your right, that was kind of harsh but I cant see what they don't ...$405.60 per week into my pension 5%match on 401k (union) $0 for health care seniority, work rules & job protection for unwarranted bs & all for $57 a month.... if abf can do it im sure fedex can afford it....

Last edited by a moderator:
Your right, that was kind of harsh but I cant see what they don't ...$405.60 per week into my pension 5%match on 401k (union) $0 for health care seniority, work rules & job protection for unwarranted bs & all for $57 a week.... if abf can do it im sure fedex can afford it....

Fred has a lot of irons in the fire man, he's gotta put a new pool in for those BOD folks to come over......

Your right, that was kind of harsh but I cant see what they don't ...$405.60 per week into my pension 5%match on 401k (union) $0 for health care seniority, work rules & job protection for unwarranted bs & all for $57 a week.... if abf can do it im sure fedex can afford it....

57 a month.....

I know your not a custodian, but I do believe that you make money doing everything you can trying to talk people out of joining a union

Not a custodian and I don't make money doing everything I can trying to talk people out of joining a union. In fact, I've mentioned a positive about the joining the union, why would I do that if I was a paid union buster?

Looks like a 3PL, walks like a 3PL and talks like a 3PL. 3PL's are the scourge of the trucking industry sucking what blood they can out of an already anemic business. Why don't you just come out and admit it? And I don't understand why you spend so much time on here blowing your anti-union horn on folks you have nothing to do with. :shrug:

Why would I admit to something I am not?

You don't have to understand, and you are making an incorrect assumption there are folks at FedEx and Con-Way that I have nothing to do with.

All I know is, something better be done, and be done quick.. This country is already full of incompetent boobs in DC, we don't need them in the workplace too... The middle class, which actually finances this country, is dwindling fast...

I don't even know why there is a comparison between YRC and you all.Heck you guys will have much better than we do at YRC.I might even sign an application if you all go union.Jump ship in a heartbeat.

I don't even know why there is a comparison between YRC and you all.Heck you guys will have much better than we do at YRC.I might even sign an application if you all go union.Jump ship in a heartbeat.
The reason I started this thread is because all the no voters were trying to compare the contract we might get (their words) to the contract yrc has.

All I know is, something better be done, and be done quick.. This country is already full of incompetent boobs in DC, we don't need them in the workplace too... The middle class, which actually finances this country, is dwindling fast...

I hear FedEx is building a new terminal close to me, I may get me a dock job over there.. Pretty big terminal from what I gather.. It's probably 30 miles form me, if it's part-time they can hire a school kid..

What RTW is, is it's a way to bully the laborer.
It's a tool designed to cause disunity. Divide and conquer.
They make you go thru all this time and stress to get a manority vote in which the guy on the rich mans side gets his way no matter what. The big money of the world has only one very real challenge to his economic power.
Labor unions which are organized.
Therefore he rigs the game in his favor in any way.
RTW cuts into our money.
A rich man is rich but our combined money is a threat. Our combined numbers are also a threat.
Therefore he chisels with this or that trying to crack the unity.
It isn't for the RTW workers benefit. It's for Big Money's benefit.

Big Money owns DC.
Do you like where its at and headed?
Facts would show you that America was everything most would be proud of when unions had the numbers money and real say in this country.
Numbers are at an all-time low.
Look. Do you like where Big Money has brought us?
We gave everything away that was worth something since they write the rules.
Not so when we, the laborforce, had power through participation in unions.

Did you get Romney when Obama was elected?
Yet the RTW guy gets his way even though losing.
What kind of election deal is that?
Why even make everbody go thru all this BS?
Because its all about money ruling.
Not people.

C
RTW= Right To Work for less MONEY!!

Some people think they're right all the time and are probably grossly overpaid for the uses of their brains.Because in the real world their ideas dont hold water.
I used to try and talk union in the Fedex forums and was always outnumbered by a longshot.
Some of these prounion guys now were not then.
Lame attempt to label people who desire unions as weak " victims".

Sounds like you....

The difference is that FedEx is financially stable, while YRC is not. As such, FedEx is phasing out trailers that are too "maintenance intensive" and replacing them with brand new ones. YRC, on the other hand, has had to press their aging fleet to the point of being on the DOT watch list because they can only afford to replace the equipment at a much slower pace.

I admit, we have our fair share of junk. I'm always wary of pulling any of the Monon P pups because they are rotting far faster than they should be. But up until recently, Holland was still using TNT vintage '48 FRP trailers. They were snapping the pins off of them. I never worry about THAT.

Good news.The Pakistani women cotton pickers are uniting for better wages and working conditions.Jump on the band wagon FedExers