Reddaway | YRC finally pulls the plug

yrcblows

TB Lurker
Credits
Well, YRC told Reddaway yesterday that they were gonna pull the plug:clap:, as part of the "comprehensive restructuring plan."
Final straw or negotiating tactic??????:stirthepot:??????
I don't know.....:bowdown:......

Sorry people this is what you call a internet troll ! Come on makes one post trying to stir up trouble then leaves !

4288639700_9b2f605c6c.jpg

I actually heard a very similar rumor to this....that the Locals were sent a letter about a merge...but the rumor is awaiting confirmation. New Penn was threatened with the merge if a no vote happened again last time.

Hey brother I appreciate you trying to keep us all away from the rumor mill, but I think there might be some truth to this. I received a phone call last night from a brother in the NW. Supposedly YRC has sent out a memo claiming that all the terminals under the NW agreement will go through some major changes. I'm not going to elaborate on what was exactly said as this is only rumor thus far. This info comes on good authority.

***** AT THIS POINT THERE IS NO CONFIRMATION ON THIS****

I talked with my BA this morning and he has not heard this what so ever. Are these just more scare tactics from the infamous YRC? We are yet to know, but should soon find out. I will keep the board informed as more info comes down.

All you guy's are doing is feeding the troll who started this thread ! Notice he hasn't came back on after posting his " first " and only thread ! Please don't fed the trolls !

So are you telling us that there is nothing to this? This comes direct from the IBT. That is all I'm saying until I get further confirmation. Not everyone is a troll. Some just kind of get tired of thedrama this board spews and dont like to post here much. I haven't posted here in months until recently, and I'm pretty sure I wont be here much longer.

Yep it's true. Come Jan 1st Reddaway will be dissolved and the freight will be fed into YRC's network. This will be Zollar's parting gift to all his loyal employees......

Yep it's true. Come Jan 1st Reddaway will be dissolved and the freight will be fed into YRC's network. This will be Zollar's parting gift to all his loyal employees......

Dont think there is any truth to this. What I heard is nothing as drastic as this.

Just read your previous posts, and you're definitely a troll. Get off the board fool.

All you guy's are doing is feeding the troll who started this thread ! Notice he hasn't came back on after posting his " first " and only thread ! Please don't fed the trolls !
Here are some facts...........

Fact #1 I haven't been back since this first post until now because I was in the National Forest, enjoying the peace and quiet.

Fact #2 I haven't rejoined since the 2010 crash of this board, not the original 08 or 07 crash (yes I've been around that long).

Fact #3 I haven't felt it necessary to rejoin until something of this magnitude came along, and the word needs to be passed. Sorry for making my first post something so hard for some people to take.

Fact #4 I will NEVER post any untruth in my posts. I will never post "what I heard" in my posts. Don't mistake my opinion for the truth and claim it's a lie. Opinions are neither right or wrong.

Fact #5 I will post the letter from Jack Peake (YRC VP of labor) to involved Reddaway Locals when I get it, if no one beats me to it.

reddaway making money,why would they get rid of us,we are a cash cow, it would be just a matter a time ,like the stock untill all gone ,also dont post without the truth to back up what you say,

Unfortunately it is true. There is a copy of the fax posted at another board that I frequent. It says in part that YRC "...has made the tentative decision to close USF Reddaway..."

Rot in hell YRC. Best of luck to those at Reddaway.

EDIT: Should read "...has made the tentative decision to close USF Reddaway Portland and Seattle Line Terminal..."

Last edited by a moderator:
than give up the other board just dont talk about it, show it, reddaway going to here longer than yrc

Hope this is not true for those who would be affected. YRC is like a black widow spider,when she is done with her mate she eats it. We in Dallas thought there is no way they would close us but how wrong we were. There was no mention of merger though, it was just kicked out the door so they (YRC) could move in our door. The Widow may be getting hungry. Good luck.

I was afraid of this. Last year Paffenroth warned you guys that if you didn't accept the concessions , you would be shut down. Guess he was right. I am surprised it took this long. Maybe this is just a scare tactic to soften you guys up for the upcoming vote. Seems they are "willing " to negotiate.