Yellow | YRC Freight Adds Former Senior Con-way Freight and FedEx Freight Execs To The Team

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
Darren Hawkins, President of YRC Freight, said the changes were a symbol of the momentum the company has gained over the past few years and a testament to the quality of professionals that are reaching out to YRC Freight. “As a result, I am pleased to announce these additions to our team. It is a priority to invest in the people, technology and talent to drive the company forward,” Hawkins said. “The addition of these highly experienced and industry respected professionals demonstrates the investments we are making in our people and our company. Now is the time to be excited about YRC Freight.”

9B0NqmY.jpg

http://yrc.com/about-2/news/yrc-fre...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I guess the road drivers will be loading and unloading their own trailers on the docks now with this new bunch coming on?

:stirthepot:

Last edited:
If I were at the break bulk,Dist, or Division level I would be pissed that they brought in rejects from outside and put them in above me.
30 years in trucking? Big deal! Do you know the YRC system? Do you know how we are set up? Hell do you clowns even know the Union work rules?
It's kinda different here than at the Non Unions. You just are not going to get away with anything that has to do with Labor!
This oughta be funny!

If I were at the break bulk,Dist, or Division level I would be pissed that they brought in rejects from outside and put them in above me.
30 years in trucking? Big deal! Do you know the YRC system? Do you know how we are set up? Hell do you clowns even know the Union work rules?
It's kinda different here than at the Non Unions. You just are not going to get away with anything that has to do with Labor!
This oughta be funny!
Conway has grown constantly and taken away freight every time you turn around from YRC and the regionals but you would rather promote from within the company that has seen it's share of the pie get smaller every year? I guess I come from a different thought process, I would see if we could pick off a couple people from Old Dominion while we were at it also!

Conway has grown constantly and taken away freight every time you turn around from YRC and the regionals but you would rather promote from within the company that has seen it's share of the pie get smaller every year? I guess I come from a different thought process, I would see if we could pick off a couple people from Old Dominion while we were at it also!

There are few left with vision. Most are just biding time. New blood and perspective are good.

We need people in the actual day to day operations that know what they are doing. Tell me what these new hires can bring to the table? Welch and Jamie have been successful in stopping the bleeding but the next step should be qualified people from the Terminal Managers down. If the rest of this company is run the way 511 is managed we are doomed. The managers that have potential are all leaving! The company actually hired a consulting firm to come in and see why 20 bosses left. Everyone who works there knows they left because of the idiots running the place. I could go on all day about the stupid crap we deal with everyday. If this company would get back to the basics we could kick some ass but it will never happen with this management!

We need people in the actual day to day operations that know what they are doing. Tell me what these new hires can bring to the table? Welch and Jamie have been successful in stopping the bleeding but the next step should be qualified people from the Terminal Managers down. If the rest of this company is run the way 511 is managed we are doomed. The managers that have potential are all leaving! The company actually hired a consulting firm to come in and see why 20 bosses left. Everyone who works there knows they left because of the idiots running the place. I could go on all day about the stupid crap we deal with everyday. If this company would get back to the basics we could kick some ass but it will never happen with this management!
My question is why did y'all have 20+ bosses? This company needs to lean out the management, most just get in the way.

I think we could definitely use some new management from the outside to take a look at our operations. Having said that, Conway and Fedx are both pretty poorly run and both have overbearing management styles that will not be a good fit here. Come down harder on the workforce seems to be their answer to everything at those carriers. OD is the one that is blowing everyone away and seems like most of their drivers are happy there. Scoring some of their executives should be the direction we look to.

The first thing that comes to mind is how to move freight eight hundred miles in less than four days

Good points

1. Better the devil you know.
2. What make these clowns any better or hell, Any different than the clowns we have now? Remember they left (Or were booted out the door by) profitible non union L.T.L.'s. So we gotta use other carriers rejects?

The first thing that comes to mind is how to move freight eight hundred miles in less than four days
We already know how to get it four hundred miles in eight days :hide:

On a serious note at our terminal it's like they don't have a clue about moving freight. I've been doing this a long time and it is just unacceptable to see freight sitting for days and nobody cares.

1. Better the devil you know.
2. What make these clowns any better or hell, Any different than the clowns we have now? Remember they left (Or were booted out the door by) profitible non union L.T.L.'s. So we gotta use other carriers rejects?
Most likely rejects, xpo cleaned house over at Conway. Would like to get some input from the Conway and Fedx guys about these guys. And what is a VP of transportation anyway?