Holland | YRC Freight and Holland Join "Hiring Our Heroes" Program

This is a shame that these two company's are having trouble getting employees . At one time you were lucky if you were able to land a job at yellow Holland or Roadway and now cant get anyone. I here everyday Holland running Adds on the radio here in Cincinnati and was in Columbus over the weekend and herd adds for Columbus to. They had a job fair in Cincinnati a few weeks ago for city road dock and mechanics sounds like they must not have anyone. Good Luck guys....

Now I understand why they are going to Automatics in these new Freightliners. Almost all of the US Military's heavy equipment is automatic, Hand one of these kids an old M35 with a 5 speed tranny / 2 speed rear axle / manual shift & lockout 6 X 6 and they'd be lost.

I'll just keep what I have, don't want no automatic!!!!! Where do you guys here this about automatics?? And if it breaks down what does the dude who can't drive anything else do??? Just sit home??? Really don't see the reason behind it other than probably being cheaper to purchase!!!

I'll just keep what I have, don't want no automatic!!!!! Where do you guys here this about automatics?? And if it breaks down what does the dude who can't drive anything else do??? Just sit home??? Really don't see the reason behind it other than probably being cheaper to purchase!!!

Heard half the new tractors are automatic. This way we can lower the bar even further from the bottom of the barrel that we have been getting.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forum Runner

Like I said though, if it breaks down and they can't drive a clutch, do they just sit at home until it's repaired? Crazy!!!

CR England just put on a " Dog and Pony" show the other day for the media.
They have painted up a few trucks and trailers to spread the work. Bottom feeders bring the industry to new low's, while lining their pockets.

Oh and automatics the only way to roll........

Automatics are a joke, if you can't shift then you need to learn!!!! I can see it now, your tractor breaks down and you can't drive a manual shift you just sit home getting 8 hours pay a day until your unit is repaired!!!! Makes no sense! Be like those 28 series volvos, they'll be in the shop more than the road, just what we need more junk!!!!!