Yellow | YRC Freight Driving School?

WTH....How about working the ones that are sitting at home due to the PTS BS!?.....I told you so...20 days left in the 3Q.....KK

Truck drivers in short supply for the long haul | The Kansas City Star

It's absolutely amazing that the " BRAINTRUSTS" we rely on to make the best business decisions for us shut down a fully operational school in Winnipeg Reimer had operated for years to save money and are now opening their own schools or contracting schools. It just gives me more and more faith that we can depend on these people to make the best calls. WOW. I think I just blacked out for a minute.

Like the comment in the article stating new hours of service regulations cuts the hours a driver can work. Is more like now with electronic logs a driver cannot go to the sleeper for 3-4 hours while waiting to load or unload, and now that his 14 clock for the day is running he won't be able to log 11 hours driving, and of course he will make less $$$$. These truckload carriers have always gotten away with no compensation while waiting to load or unload, yet the driver is still on duty and responsible for his truck and load. With electronic logs they cannot show a half hour to load anymore when it actually took 4 hours, and the owners are afraid now they will have to pay them when not driving. Too bad. Pay em!!!

YRC has to have a driving school just for new drivers to figure out how to drive the crap they own. Haha. (I think they own it)
Nah... You don't need a key for that.... Just stick this screwdriver right there and don't worry about it. Hahaha. Place is a joke.

YRC has to have a driving school just for new drivers to figure out how to drive the crap they own. Haha. (I think they own it)
Nah... You don't need a key for that.... Just stick this screwdriver right there and don't worry about it. Hahaha. Place is a joke.

Yes it is a joke.But the pay you to make fun of them.

Yes... They do pay me true. I make fun of them everyday. The only way I can make it thru the nightmare. Nope... Cannot go anywhere else. Too old and decrepit to go anywhere else.
28 years put the old into this old man. No one else would hire me. Too f-d up from working.... Yes working.... The dock.
Used to be some pride there in my younger days but they took that too.
OK.... Back to the driving school. Sorry and I apologize for getting off track.
Fact is I did not know they had a driving school.

I suspect you are from TX? Cowboy reference.
Ya... How bout them boys?
Not a fan. I live in TX myself.

I got my CDL in a very thorough 3 month 40hr/wk driving school run by Yellow in Schecksville, Pa ( near Allentown) in 91. It was run at Lehigh County Community College. We used Yellow epuiptment. They eere gonna build a large terminal near Nazereth but it never happened. They offered some of us jobs in Maybrook and Lancaster. At least 2 classes wet thru. Just saw a guy i was in there with at a dock yesterday.

Since the IBT doesnt want to ever cost YRC anything I wonder why they wouldnt start somekind of Apprenticeship kind of thing. The Operating Engineers have that kind of thing for heavy equiptment training. Im sure the shortagd is causing absentee/ long hour type problems at alot of Teamster truck jobs. They used the shortage to bring cartage all of August here.

This was Mud trying to show a new hire the proper way to get into the bunk?????

I especially like the slide/ramp cut in the doghouse/dashboard to provide a view through the lower window on the right side!!

The instructor said they are looking at installing full glass doors on right side of all YRCF equipment for better visibility $$$$