YRC Freight is Hiring Across the Nation!!!

Discussion in 'Truck Drivers Wanted' started by YRC Freight, Jun 18, 2014.

1. YRC Freight

YRC Freight New Member

YRC Freight invented Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) shipping and we remain the original expert. We're swiftly regaining our position as the #1 North American carrier and we are looking for America's best drivers to become a part of the YRC Freight Family to help us achieve that goal. We have immediate openings across the USA.

Benefits

100% paid health benefits for you and your family
    Top pay in the industry
    Hourly pay, direct deposited weekly
    Union stability
    Minimum time away from home
    Paid vacation
    Relocation packages for certain areas

Qualifications

Experienced, entry-level or student driver
    Class A CDL
    Acceptable MVR and background check
    Age 21, minimum
    Ability to work various shifts and days of the week

Learn More
    Call 855-DRV-4YRC (855-378-4972) to speak to a driver recruiter
    Or log on to http://www.yrc.com/careers/index.html

[​IMG]

2. yrc-atm

yrc-atm commodities relocator

What a crock of sheet! Yellow is the turd of ltl and is bringing the whole industry down.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forum Runner

trenton86, Zwilley88, hanalad and 3 others like this.
  3. GO40

GO40 Banned

Hauling it for free......again....

series60 likes this.
  4. you suck

you suck Member

why would anyone want to work at a place to compete with outside carriers . As a YRC employee you can do all the sheet work while people who are not employed by YRC take all the greater paying and easier runs NO THANKS ......................... food for a little thought

5. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

That ad must me about 7 years old. Top pay in the industry? Ummmmm............ that recruiter might want to update his information. That's just plain and simple.......... false information.

series60 likes this.
  6. falconfan

falconfan Well-Known Member

Cause it's a helluva lot better than working for one of them outside carriers.

4ramsey and Sugarfoot like this.
  7. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

:hysterical: :hysterical::hysterical: Since when did union=stability?
    Yepper, every day's what we call, "Eight and skate". :hysterical:

troubleman84 likes this.
  8. redhots

redhots active member

Top pay in the industry minus 15% = a lot less then our competitors.
    No pension left to speak of.
    City equip that is very old & worn out. They won't repair it unless it absolutely has to be. Everything must be approved and takes forever before it gets fixed.
    We are looked down upon by everyone in the industry because of poor equip, low morale & mismanagement.
    How can we ever get ahead when all of the people at the top just keep skimming millions & millions to give themselves huge bonuses?
    Stop the nomsense & let's move freight the way we use to.

Getoverit and series60 like this.
  9. BIG R GUY

BIG R GUY Part time Coop Dispatch driver

Sat in meeting last week with Darren Hawkins running it in Chicago area. We are moving rougly 40,000 bills a day now, and had 50 million in claims in 2014. I remember when Yellow, CF, and Roadway were each handling 80,000 bills a day each, and had claims in the neighborhood of 60 million per year each. We need to take better care in our handling or we will never be a leader. Loading freight the way we used too, and still do, does not work.

Skinnytrucker and twoguns like this.
  10. slowroller6319

slowroller6319 New Member

if you like sitting by the phone, and, starving, this is the job for you.

series60 likes this.
  11. BIG R GUY

HUH ?????

brooklyn64 likes this.
  12. Trkphil

Trkphil Member

well may not be perfect me for one know what it is like to work for others no ins no vacation no sick days no holidays. You work all week have a total of 1500 miles, you spend all your time at truck stops not at home your ck is 500 dollars if your lucky . You work at yrc you knew hire you make 700 dollars but you have all the benefits ins vacation sick days holidays.. When I started working in the 80s it was 3 days a week if lucky 4 days, this lasted 2 yrs anyhow. I was so grateful to have good job cause I remember the days going to the west coast not paying my bills no ins have 4 kids I knew I had to make a change. Now retiring my ss is $2300 a month pension $2700. You better look at this don't listening to all the neg talk remember those people are broke people. When you 66 and fine out you are broke and your ss check is only $1200 a month, where is all your buddies now the ones that told you how bad unions are, you realize that you just been brow beaten all your life all that kissing you did for what by god you right you not pay union dues you showed them. Has you get back in that shine truck.

13. The Best

The Best Well-Known Member

After reading all the posts concerning employment at Yellow, I am sad. Not because the posts are not true, but because a once top notch carrier has allowed itself to fall into this condition. I am old enough to remember when Yellow was the "pride of the fleet", top notch equipment, 1st class drivers and super service. And Roadway was right up there with Yellow. Now look at them. What happened? Don't blame the union, look at UPS, they are union and still making big bucks. ABF, union and still making money. The blame has to be placed on management, there is no other answer.

I can tell you one thing, I am a union man, but I would not have the job. Why? As it was stated in one post, I am not sitting by the phone and working a "hog board". I have a son who works for UPS and he is so frustrated with the system with over 11 years he is ready to quit. The years that I worked for a union carrier, we worked a 1st in, 1st out system, not a "hog board". 1st in, 1st out board is the only fair way to operate a board. Now I believe seniority should prevail in bidding runs and vacations, but when it comes to an extra board operation, you can take the "hog board" and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

14. yrc-atm

yrc-atm commodities relocator

Yellow wasnt the pride of anything. They have always been a loser. Bankrupt several times in its history it is nothing more than a parasite company. The only thing yellow invented was the sky high discount. Its a shame the yellow turd didnt die 30 years ago like it should have.

15. troubleman84

troubleman84 Well-Known Member

Can the hog board be voted out?

16. The Best

I really do not know. I never understand how the "hog board" ever got in, in the first place. The union companies that I have driven for never had this type of dispatch system for the extra board men, seniority has its place, but when it comes to the extra board men, it should be 1st in and 1st out.

17. troubleman84

troubleman84 Well-Known Member

Yeah that's how Holland is. It let's senior guys get longer runs out gate. Junior man shorter run might work a little but in all everybody gets good miles

18. BIG R GUY

No offense intended Best. But I have to say UPS has always been the Best. Any company that can pay the top wages and benefits, get drivers to basically be on the move all day, have customers putting Yes, and No signs in their window so driver does not waste that extra 10 seconds stopping to see if they have a pickup, is managed way beyond what LTL freight is. As far as Yellow and Roadway, what once was. You have heard of Bill Zollars, correct ?????

deadbeat and troubleman84 like this.
  19. The Best

Oh, I will readily admit that in my opinion, UPS is without a doubt the best driving job in the country. When a driver can be home every day, work 5 days per week, have excellent benefits and make over $90,000 per year, you can't argue with these facts. But, all this still doesn't make me a believer in the "hog board" dispatch system.

I am old enough to remember Yellow when they were on top. I remember when Roadway was right up there, fine equipment and plenty of freight. I am talking back in the 60s and early 70s. Yellow got too greedy too quick and bite off more than they could chew, the management was not capable of buying people like Preston and Roadway and still making a profit.

ROLLBACK likes this.
  20. BIG R GUY

I agree with you on the hog board. Should be first in and out. Only fair way, but you know there are those out there that think they are better than you. As far as union carriers able to make money in these times. My opinion is we still do things the way they did them 30 years ago, I mean for example, still stacking freight to the roof in trailers, concerned more with load and bill count factors and not the damage it causes. The non union companies use almost exclusively deck trailers where freight is not on freight, and people are held accountable for improper loading of freight. YRCF said we had 50 million in claims last year alone. Our service is terrible partly because we still handle freight too many times. I see freight that gets to 309 and sits for a full day or more before it gets out of there. It is still like the old hub and spoke and does not move freight fast enough. You need much more direct loading. I know labor cannot decide those things, but on the other hand many of the employees are very reluctant to accept change, and are basically stuck in the old mode of thinking, and the way they do things. Yes. Things at YRC are not the greatest, but I see many here that complain about the management, and the way things are done, but also know there are some here that the way they conduct themselves could never hold a job at another LTL, let alone UPS.

Getoverit and Sugarfoot like this.