Yellow | YRC Freight Letter To Tyson Johnson

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
It would appear that YRC Freight is auditing what drivers have been paid for and feel it was either wrong or deceptive and they are going to recoup the money erroneously paid out to drivers. The contract allows it. The company is informing the IBT that they are going to do it. Drivers could come to work one day and see a paycheck stub with a huge adjustment to it! Never saw the company notify the IBT before, so this must be HUGE?!

84GHWuA.jpg

pkSPYeZ.jpg

:wtflol::hissyfit::chairshot:

This has been implemented 2 weeks already in the East, # 116 and # 135. You now have to fill out and submit a separate sheet for fueling and en route delay time. No big deal if it's legit.

37 yrs. ago I was told by Roadway Express that an impassable hwy. is when you are stopped, not merging or creeping along in traffic. Stopped like for the I-78 wreck on Sat.

Last edited:
Kinda confused on the hotel layover part....if you dont want drivers there past 14 hours, then either find some freight or switch to meet and turns......KK
KK, the way i read it is, let's say # 111 Kearny Driver has a bid run to # 211 Akron. If he goes to # 211 and then on to # 218 Cleveland to bed or direct to # 218 to bed, they are submitting for all time in bed for breaking their bid and meals.

I don't know the work rules the District 1 eol Drivers work under, that will be up to the BA's to fight over.

It would appear that YRC Freight is auditing what drivers have been paid for and feel it was either wrong or deceptive and they are going to recoup the money erroneously paid out to drivers. The contract allows it. The company is informing the IBT that they are going to do it. Drivers could come to work one day and see a paycheck stub with a huge adjustment to it! Never saw the company notify the IBT before, so this must be HUGE?!

84GHWuA.jpg

pkSPYeZ.jpg

:wtflol::hissyfit::chairshot:
yrc must be very broke to start this ::shit:: an I believe they are trying to **** people off on purpose an it is working something is up !!!

This has been implemented 2 weeks already in the East, # 116 and # 135. You now have to fill out and submit a separate sheet for fueling and en route delay time. No big deal if it's legit.

37 yrs. ago I was told by Roadway Express that an impassable hwy. is when you are stopped, not merging or creeping along in traffic. Stopped like for the I-78 wreck on Sat.
Mitch Lilly was fired from Roadway long time back an hired buy yellow if that tells you anything !!!

KK, the way i read it is, let's say # 111 Kearny Driver has a bid run to # 211 Akron. If he goes to # 211 and then on to # 218 Cleveland to bed or direct to # 218 to bed, they are submitting for all time in bed for breaking their bid and meals.

I don't know the work rules the District 1 eol Drivers work under, that will be up to the BA's to fight over.
Eol drivers in Central Pa are A-B-A drivers. Meaning we leave our home terminal, Can go as far as our 11 driving 15 hours on duty will allow. But we must end up at the "B" point. This is how the Company set it up in the C.O.O. Most Eol drivers in Central Pa have an "B" point of Akron. So if a driver ends up in bed say, in Cleveland it's not the "B" point on the dispatch and in my opinion a second bed.. We never run into this problem unless we sit on the bench in Akron for hours then go to Carlisle and sit again. He have had drivers go up to the dispatch and tell them if they are not dispatched in the next 1/2 hour they will run out of time and then you run into a second bed. Not the drivers fault. Also if the Company knowingly dispatches you into bad weather (I.E. snow) and you run out of time that also is a second bed.
It's one of the reasons Carlisle lost the run to Charoltte because the Local would not budge on the A-B-A issue.
Not sure what the rules are for NJ/NY but I do remember the C.O.O. that put drivers into the EOL's in the east put all of them on A-B-A
Maybe Mitch and the boys ought to read their own C.O.O.'s Also raise holy hell as to why drivers set on the bench for hours on end at a relay/breakbulk.
Maybe there would be less of a reason for en-route fueling out of 211 if the shop would add more fuelers? HUH? Just a thought.
Oh by the way, Why is a unit going say from 211-187 on the ready line with only a 1/4 tank of fuel? Then do the pre trip and find something major to fix.
My point? It's not always the Drivers. Some bad one to be sure but dammit you don't write to Tyson Johnson to bitch without setting your own house in order!
Need I say more Mitch? (Or whoever the hell reads this in Overland park!)

Last edited:
Eol drivers in Central Pa are A-B-A drivers. Meaning we leave our home terminal, Can go as far as our 11 driving 15 hours on duty will allow. But we must end up at the "B" point. This is how the Company set it up in the C.O.O. Most Eol drivers in Central Pa have an "B" point of Akron. So if a driver ends up in bed say, in Cleveland it's not the "B" point on the dispatch and in my opinion a second bed.. We never run into this problem unless we sit on the bench in Akron for hours then go to Carlisle and sit again. He have had drivers go up to the dispatch and tell them if they are not dispatched in the next 1/2 hour they will run out of time and then you run into a second bed. Not the drivers fault. Also if the Company knowingly dispatches you into bad weather (I.E. snow) and you run out of time that also is a second bed.
It's one of the reasons Carlisle lost the run to Charoltte because the Local would not budge on the A-B-A issue.
Not sure what the rules are for NJ/NY but I do remember the C.O.O. that put drivers into the EOL's in the east put all of them on A-B-A
Maybe Mitch and the boys ought to read their own C.O.O.'s Also raise holy hell as to why drivers set on the bench for hours on end at a relay/breakbulk.
Maybe there would be less or a reason for en-route fueling out of 211 if the shop would add more fuelers? HUH? Just a thought.
Oh by the way, Why is a unit going say from 211-187 on the ready line with only a 1/4 tank of fuel? Then do the pre trip and find something major to fix.
My point? It's not always the Drivers. Some bad one to be sure but dammit you don't write to Tyson Johnson to bitch without setting your own house in order!

These are Valid issues, and should also be addressed immediately. But, these aren't the issues addressed in this letter. It's putting in for time not specifically out lined in the area work rules, supplement. Nowhere in the letter does it say they aren't going to pay Drivers waiting for fuel or repairs at Terminals. But, putting in X.XX of time for en-route fueling if not legit, or merging into single lane traffic is not an impassable hwy.
Time at Company facilities is judged by punch marks, en-route time is basically left up to the Honor Sys.

These are Valid issues, and should also be addressed immediately. But, these aren't the issues addressed in this letter. It's putting in for time not specifically out lined in the area work rules, supplement. Nowhere in the letter does it say they aren't going to pay Drivers waiting for fuel or repairs at Terminals. But, putting in X.XX of time for en-route fueling if not legit, or merging into single lane traffic is not an impassable hwy.
Time at Company facilities is judged by punch marks, en-route time is basically left up to the Honor Sys.
In Central Pa the issue of Impassible highway/closed highway is clearly spelled out in the contract. Not so in NY/NJ or Philly supplements as they never had road operations there. I'm not even sure if there are any written road work rules in NY/NJ except for those that apply only to Maybrook N.Y.
It's a two way street as far as I'm concerned. A 2 page letter to the Union bitching about what the Company wants to cry about but God forbid they answer the question as to why a Unit going on a 1000 mile turn to the east is not fueled. Or why a driver is pushing up against his 15 because he sat for hours on end in the relay waiting only to have to go to the shop or wait in line for fuel. (Talking about 211 folks)
You can't be selective about this. Address all the issues! Not just the ones the company wants to cherry pick.

Maybe there would be less of a reason for en-route fueling out of 211 if the shop would add more fuelers? HUH? Just a thought.

I really think that an EXTREMELY relevant fact should be mentioned on the Cleveland/Akron bid. Regardless of where the truck gets parked, EVERYONE goes to the SAME MOTEL! Those two terminals are only 12 miles apart!
I know drivers might not like the idea, but staying at the same motel, means they can have them report to either terminal per work call. A van going to each place daily. R via one on way home. Bottom line u r getting pay once you start .

I know drivers might not like the idea, but staying at the same motel, means they can have them report to either terminal per work call. A van going to each place daily. R via one on way home. Bottom line u r getting pay once you start .
They were paying them to go to the terminal where they ended their tour of duty, when rested! If they were going to start their return dispatch at the other terminal.