Yellow | YRC Freight to add eight DCs to relieve stress on existing locations

Relieving pressure on backed up break bulks isn't a bad idea. The problem with this brilliant plan is finding the employees they'll need to make it work. And nobody is going to want to be a utility driver.
Being a utility Driver is not to bad in my opinion, getting to be home everyday is a good thing. I think the problem will be that not many people these days are going to move to follow the Freight. I have never seen a freight job worth moving for. Just my opinion.

Not sure how many of these 556 people will actually "Follow The Work", but most probably will...

FXIRVk8.jpg

:bananapartyhat:

Being a utility Driver is not to bad in my opinion, getting to be home everyday is a good thing. I think the problem will be that not many people these days are going to move to follow the Freight. I have never seen a freight job worth moving for. Just my opinion.
Being home daily certainly has it's perks. Personally I'd rather be assigned to one classification or the other. I run linehaul for Speedy because I don't particularly care for making pick ups or deliveries. I also know a lot of guys who work city because they couldn't keep my hours. Being a utility driver drops you in the middle and doesn't let you choose.

I suppose if that's the choice, I'm sure someone will take it. But most people I know want to run linehaul or city, not both.

I think the article left out a paragraph. The stress they are trying to relieve is low bill counts per hour moving across the dock at certain large distribution centers. The ones moving like 2.58 per hour.If they would allow many EOL terminals to load directs,even if they are not jammed to the roof,but loaded so as to not have damage,they would not have to move hardly anyone. May even reduce claims substantially.....

UTILITY DRIVER'S maybe will be the way of the future at all YRCW companies ! as it says they are more useful !

Somehow I get the feeling that you don't experience any stress.
Mmmm.
Ya. I do. And it's all on the dock.
Dodging freight and new people.
And waiting. That's stressful.
I had a way to tell when I was stressed.
But it was removed. Whenever I was stressed my gut was tense. It's gone. Don't feel stress there anymore. And alot if people know what I mean. That tense feeling. That's stress. And my comment was sarcasm. All the stress I have is related to work. I need to retire before this whole place looks like the house in Poltergeist! Lol.

Who in there right mind would follow the work because once this bull s don't work you gona be packing bags again
You're exactly right, I give it 4 months and they'll be sending out another COO. In which the rumor is there is a bigger one coming out in early 2018. Money & insurance is two of the reasons people will "follow the work." We all need money to live on and insurance. That in itself will be why people "will follow the work." Medicare and just living off of SS is not enough anymore!! That is why you see elderly people being Walmart greeters, when instead they should be home sitting on the front porch enjoying the remaining years of their lives. And no Linehaul Driver with seniority years and right frame of mind will go over to being a Utility Driver, just solely my opinion!

I don't think it so much as following the work.it is going home after following the work on the last change.
Been there done that. Followed 2 times, then on 3rd time landed back home with the last change and now looking to following again because they just can't seem to leave "home terminal" alone! If you're in the top 100 or 200 on a board then you better stay put because moving to a smaller terminal is like a sitting duck waiting to be shot at!!