Yellow | YRC Freight to add eight DCs to relieve stress on existing locations

Sorry to say, there is no Jesus in the freight industry. No matter how much all the YRC, New Penn, Holland, Reddaway drivers pray, UPS, DHL and the rest of the multi billion dollar companies aren't dumb enough to buy the train wreck.

Tell Hoffa to fix the problem. How? Merge all the pension plans together into one, reduce the benefits across the board and tell his teamsters to start investing in their own future via 401 K plans.

Oops, Hoffa doesn't have the balls his dad did. Not going to happen.

ST
I must have missed the memo....I pray for a lot of things but DHL buying us is not one of them. I know four or five guys that work for Standard Forwarding and believe me DHL buying us would not be the thing to hope for! I am guessing there are many guys who have been investing in a 401K and IRA's and many other forms of retirement for a very long time....I know it is hard to believe but most of the guys are not dumb truck drivers. By the way we have tried to reduce the benefits and the majority voted no, it was the only time I voted yes in a long time, I felt it was necessary but the majority did not. I don't know how you can blame Jimmy Jr. for that one and believe me I blame him for a lot of things.

Truthfully I haven't seen people sitting. I've heard it is happening but KC's board is exhausted more than it's not.
It so busy here you can get 12 every day if you work the dock. Or until you drop.
Can't keep up and no way is there enough people or equipment to handle all this.
Where in the hell is this all coming from?
Nobody lacking for work here.

Being a utility Driver is not to bad in my opinion, getting to be home everyday is a good thing. I think the problem will be that not many people these days are going to move to follow the Freight. I have never seen a freight job worth moving for. Just my opinion.

Per comments on the West coast which doesn't affect us, only 25% of current employees choose to move and follow the work!
What happens every single year before the holidays??? At my barn, each year, that wording is called LAY-OFF!

Not all elderly/retired folks think sitting on a porch doing nothing is enjoyable. Many like to still work part or full time and be useful and/or enjoy the people contact. Different strokes for different folks.

Our number ONE employee, whom was still working 50-60 hrs per week, collecting his pension, AND SS, passed away 2 weeks ago from a stroke! I understand he was only in his early 70's. He literally worked himself to death for this company without ever enjoying a retirement. Comments?

Sorry to say, there is no Jesus in the freight industry. No matter how much all the YRC, New Penn, Holland, Reddaway drivers pray, UPS, DHL and the rest of the multi billion dollar companies aren't dumb enough to buy the train wreck.

Tell Hoffa to fix the problem. How? Merge all the pension plans together into one, reduce the benefits across the board and tell his teamsters to start investing in their own future via 401 K plans.

Oops, Hoffa doesn't have the balls his dad did. Not going to happen.

ST

Hang the trustee's for poor choices! Here is 2 good articles.
Back in the early 90's, employees could retire full pension, with only 25 years, no matter what age.
Goldman Sachs took care of the rest.

http://inthesetimes.com/working/ent..._have_wrecked_the_central_states_pension_fund

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ho...kly-under-wall-street-than-the-mob-2016-04-04

Last edited:
Our number ONE employee, whom was still working 50-60 hrs per week, collecting his pension, AND SS, passed away 2 weeks ago from a stroke! I understand he was only in his early 70's. He literally worked himself to death for this company without ever enjoying a retirement. Comments?
I had one a year or so ago that I think is even worse, same thing fella out of our barn more than old enough to retire, plenty of money, still running the road, goes home on the weekend and his wife passes in her sleep. All those travel plans for retirement when he hangs it up down the drain, might as well work himself to death now there is no one at home to share retirement with.

Maybe he just enjoyed working? We had a guy at our place who retired 2 years ago at age 75. Was collecting everything too,and no BS,he said he could not stay home with his wife....

Talking about the guys who work til they drop. Many people keep buying things on credit. They're constantly thinking it'll be paid off one day. Usually things revolve aroind money issues. Problem we find ourselves buying something bigger & better.
Smartest thing anyone could do myself included would be to pay off the debt and stay debt free. You don't sweat hard times as much when the effect on you is minimal.

Talking about the guys who work til they drop. Many people keep buying things on credit. They're constantly thinking it'll be paid off one day. Usually things revolve aroind money issues. Problem we find ourselves buying something bigger & better.
Smartest thing anyone could do myself included would be to pay off the debt and stay debt free. You don't sweat hard times as much when the effect on you is minimal.
When you see my wife sometime be sure and explain that to her!

Some people just work because they like the work and people. They have been doing it so long it's their normal. I know one who kept going until forced(medical) to retire. He would put a 30 year old to shame. But now he is alone and has to just go to town and see people he knows just to get out of the house. In place of work. At least he knows that if he just sits there he won't be here long. So some just work to keep moving. So. Don't dis some of the older folks who do this. Some are really good people. And teachers to the younger ones who actually want to learn this crap.
And when it comes to that we were all taught directly or indirectly by the older guys before us. And that is yrcs loss when they get rid of the teachers.

Deep thoughts.
Too damn early and not enough coffee to be in here!
:17142: